Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:34
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 27, 2016

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask your help about the trados licenses.
At the moment, I have installed trados 2014 on 1 computer and trados 2015 on 2 computers. My questions is this: when I'll do the upgrade from trados 2015 to trados 2017, could I keep the existing installations of trados 2014 and 2015? (of course, until I don't remove them or format my PCs).
Thank you for your help

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:34
English to Thai
+ ...
Many versions on one PC Sep 28, 2016

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask your help about the trados licenses.
At the moment, I have installed trados 2014 on 1 computer and trados 2015 on 2 computers. My questions is this: when I'll do the upgrade from trados 2015 to trados 2017, could I keep the existing installations of trados 2014 and 2015? (of course, until I don't remove them or format my PCs).

Trados maintains the policy that we can install many software versions on one PC. I never install Trados 2017 but I still have version 2007 (Trados & SDLX), 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2015 in one of my PC.

Soonthon L.

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many software versions on one PC Sep 28, 2016

[quote]Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Bruno Depascale wrote:

Trados maintains the policy that we can install many software versions on one PC. I never install Trados 2017 but I still have version 2007 (Trados & SDLX), 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2015 in one of my PC.

Soonthon L.

Thank you very much Soonthon, you have been very helpful!

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Not entirely true Oct 1, 2016

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Trados maintains the policy that we can install many software versions on one PC.
Soonthon L.

Soonthon

Let me clarify this a bit. It is true that you can install several versions of Studio in parallel on one PC, but from a licensing point of view (legally), you are only entitled to use the latest version if you purchased an upgrade. When you buy an upgrade of a given version of the software, this new version replaces the version for which you purchased the upgrade and you are legally not entitled to use the old version anymore.

In practice, there is no problem in using two versions in parallel for a short period of transition, but having more than 2 versions of the same software installed in parallel all the time is definitely against the license agreement.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 licenses

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »