Thread poster: Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 21:44
German to English
+ ...
Dec 6, 2016

Dear colleagues, maybe somebody knows how to get details of an Italian agency's CEO or owner? A PM of this agency is trying to swindle me out of my money on the basis of faulty agency's CAT tool. I asked her to give me the name and e-mail adress of a decision-maker of the agency but she plays dead. I have googled the agency but this information seems nowhere to be found. I would highly appreciate any help and advice.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:44
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Tell me in private Dec 6, 2016

Maija Cirule wrote:

Dear colleagues, maybe somebody knows how to get details of an Italian agency's CEO or owner? A PM of this agency is trying to swindle me out of my money on the basis of faulty agency's CAT tool. I asked her to give me the name and e-mail adress of a decision-maker of the agency but she plays dead. I have googled the agency but this information seems nowhere to be found. I would highly appreciate any help and advice.

Tell me in private. I work with Italian agencies. Maybe I know this one.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Does this help? Dec 6, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_registers#Italy

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It helped partially, thank you Dec 6, 2016

Now I know who is the CEO but his e-mail seems to be a state secret safeguarded by omerta:)

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Maybe a good thing Dec 6, 2016

Maija Cirule wrote:

Now I know who is the CEO but his e-mail seems to be a state secret safeguarded by omerta:)

Emails are so easy to ignore. May be better to send a snail mail letter. Even better, a registered one!

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately Dec 6, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Emails are so easy to ignore. May be better to send a snail mail letter. Even better, a registered one!

the problem is rather complicated and I need to include several large screenshots so the old-fashioned mail would be not the best method of communication. I'll try to send him an e-mail via LinkedIn.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Write a letter Dec 7, 2016

Maija Cirule wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

the problem is rather complicated and I need to include several large screenshots so the old-fashioned mail would be not the best method of communication. I'll try to send him an e-mail via LinkedIn.

Write him a letter. Italians are terrified of letters. Business letters are incriminating. They require a reply. Anything put in writing is something Italians hate. So write him a letter (preferably registered and/or with proof of posting and a return receipt).

[Edited at 2016-12-07 14:30 GMT]

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:44
German to English
Print out screen shot Dec 7, 2016

Maija Cirule wrote:

[snip]

Screen shots are generally jpg or similar files and can be printed out (and potentially reduced in size with a graphics program). Including a reasonable number of pages of screen shots won't add that much to the cost of a certified/registered letter.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Tom Dec 8, 2016

Tom in London wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Write him a letter. Italians are terrified of letters. Business letters are incriminating. They require a reply. Anything put in writing is something Italians hate. So write him a letter (preferably registered and/or with proof of posting and a return receipt).

[Edited at 2016-12-07 14:30 GMT]

you are a pure treasure-house:) The only problem is that I am an extremely lazy person and the idea of all efforts connected with sending such a letter makes my skin crawl... As I have received my money, I feel that the best will be simply to quit any cooperation with the agency and forget about it.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
So you got paid Dec 8, 2016

Maija Cirule wrote:
..... I have received my money....

Maybe you got paid because your client was tracking you, saw this thread, and realised it would be better to pay you.

They do read these discusssions, you know.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite the case Dec 8, 2016

Tom in London wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:
..... I have received my money....

Maybe you got paid because your client was tracking you, saw this thread, and realised it would be better to pay you.

They do read these discusssions, you know.

Payment arrived before I started this thread, simply their PM's behaviour was extremely unprofessional, stupid and [redacted] and I wanted to inform her CEO about her bizzare antics but now I have calmed down ...
Christmas is just around the corner:)

[Edited at 2016-12-08 19:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Details of CEO of an Italian agency

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »