Open Office 4.1.0 Writer: formating
Thread poster: Andy S
Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:09
German to English
Jan 31, 2015

I am trying to format a section of an Open Office writer .ODT document.

The text is the on the right hand of three sections, but for some reason I cannot change it to single line spacing and as a result have a great gap between some of the lines that is tarnishing the document.

I would have thought the way to do this was in the Paragraph dialogue box, by rchanging lie spacng t single. However I have done this and it has made no difference.

Can anyone please
... See more
I am trying to format a section of an Open Office writer .ODT document.

The text is the on the right hand of three sections, but for some reason I cannot change it to single line spacing and as a result have a great gap between some of the lines that is tarnishing the document.

I would have thought the way to do this was in the Paragraph dialogue box, by rchanging lie spacng t single. However I have done this and it has made no difference.

Can anyone please suggest a solution?

WTIA
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 12:09
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Don't know about OO, but in Word... Jan 31, 2015

I've had this sort of thing caused by the fact that in the paragraph formatting, there was a non-zero selection for 'before' and 'after' spacing; of course, that would only apply if the lines were each a fresh paragraph (hard return)

If not, do make sure that you DID actually 'select all' the text properly; when you say '3 sections', do you mean '3 adjacent columns'?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Share the file Jan 31, 2015

Share the file. Otherwise, one can only guess, and there's no guarantee of a right guess.

Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:09
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
How to share? Feb 2, 2015

Tony, I had the same idea about "Before" and "after" spacing in Word.

I tried opening the file in Word 2010 but t caused more formatting errors than it solved. I am only using OO as I created the file using OmegaT...and am not used to OO,.

Esperantisto, agree with you about sharing...however I cannot see a way to attach a file. I could upload a screengrab to my website, unless you know a simpler way?

EDIT: I managed to resolve the other formatting issu
... See more
Tony, I had the same idea about "Before" and "after" spacing in Word.

I tried opening the file in Word 2010 but t caused more formatting errors than it solved. I am only using OO as I created the file using OmegaT...and am not used to OO,.

Esperantisto, agree with you about sharing...however I cannot see a way to attach a file. I could upload a screengrab to my website, unless you know a simpler way?

EDIT: I managed to resolve the other formatting issues created when opening the document in Word, where I am more familiar with formatting menus.

Tony, it was indeed all about "Before" and "After" spacing of paragraphs and is now resolved.

[Edited at 2015-02-03 10:08 GMT]
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Use file sharing services Feb 3, 2015

Glad to know that your problem is solved. For future, use file sharing sites such as rghost.ru or cloud storages such as Dropbox, as Proz does not allow attachments to forum posts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open Office 4.1.0 Writer: formating

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »