Thread poster: Ms. On-anong Thepduang
Ms. On-anong Thepduang
Ms. On-anong Thepduang
Thailand
Local time: 02:44
English to Thai
+ ...
Apr 28, 2015

I'm using MS Word 2013 and have a problem spacing between words change when I transfer a word document from one computer to another.

How to fix this?

Lucas Curti
Lucas Curti
Argentina
Local time: 16:44
Font problem? Apr 29, 2015

Hi!

Is the font used on the original PC installed on the the PC you are getting the spacing issue?

Regards,
Lucas Curti

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Kerning Apr 29, 2015

I think Lucas is right about it being an issue with the typeface, but if not, you might want to look at your kerning (the space between letters) settings.

From MS Word, select the text that's giving you trouble, and click on the little arrow at the bottom right hand side of the Font box - which opens the Font window. Click on Advanced, and set Spacing to Normal.

I had a similar issue with a text last week, otherwise I would never have known about this ^_^

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:44
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Convert to doc Apr 29, 2015

I've had a similar problem when transferring docx files between different versions of MS Word. Converting them to doc resolved the problem. It's a known bug with MS Word.

Ms. On-anong Thepduang
Ms. On-anong Thepduang
Thailand
Local time: 02:44
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all your kind help. May 8, 2015

I have tried convert the file to doc. format as per John suggestion, it's work well now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word 2013 spacing between words change

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »