Thread poster: woosh
woosh
woosh
Germany
Local time: 23:47
Chinese to German
Jul 28, 2015

Hello everyone

I’m currently writing my thesis in LaTeX and use a git repository for backup / version control. My thesis will involve a lot of translation work, and for this I use omegat.
Not knowing that omegat has built-in git functionality, I started translating and then copied the translation folder with the project into my git folder, so it could be added to the repository.
The file structure is such that I have one main folder which is my repository, with lots of
... See more
Hello everyone

I’m currently writing my thesis in LaTeX and use a git repository for backup / version control. My thesis will involve a lot of translation work, and for this I use omegat.
Not knowing that omegat has built-in git functionality, I started translating and then copied the translation folder with the project into my git folder, so it could be added to the repository.
The file structure is such that I have one main folder which is my repository, with lots of files and subfolders. One of these subfolders is the translations folder, and this folder contains some omegat projects.
Now omegat always asks me for my git password, and I’m not sure what exactly it wants to do.
I worked on the translation yesterday, and the next day, I ended up with a detached head error message when I try to "git push" my whole thesis.
Is there a way to completely disable versioning support in omegat? I would rather do that manually on the CLI, and then upload all the files in my thesis at once, rather than having omegat do this (and complaining about missing passwords or connections).

Any help would be appreciated
Philipp
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Remove team project support Jul 30, 2015

wush1 wrote:
The file structure is such that I have one main folder which is my repository, with lots of files and subfolders. One of these subfolders is the translations folder, and this folder contains some omegat projects.
Now omegat always asks me for my git password, and I’m not sure what exactly it wants to do.

OmegaT believes your project is a team project.

I worked on the translation yesterday, and the next day, I ended up with a detached head error message when I try to "git push" my whole thesis.
Is there a way to completely disable versioning support in omegat? I would rather do that manually on the CLI, and then upload all the files in my thesis at once, rather than having omegat do this (and complaining about missing passwords or connections).

You can remove team project support by launching OmegaT with the parameter --no-team
http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-standard/en/chapter.installing.and.running.html#d0e1049

Didier

woosh
woosh
Germany
Chinese to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 30, 2015

Didier Briel wrote:
You can remove team project support by launching OmegaT with the parameter --no-team
Didier

Thank you very much! I’ll create an alias for that, but just in case: Is it possible to include the option in '~/.omegat/omegat.prefs'?
By the way, starting in October, I’ll be studying in an MA Translation program. I hope I’ll become a more active member in these forums in future times, if time permits

[Edited at 2015-07-30 16:44 GMT]

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
No option to remove team project feature Aug 1, 2015

wush1 wrote:

Didier Briel wrote:
Didier

Thank you very much! I’ll create an alias for that, but just in case: Is it possible to include the option in '~/.omegat/omegat.prefs'?

No, because it's not an option, only a runtime parameter.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Omegat and Git problem: detached head state

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »