Auto translate parts of segments.
Thread poster: Translation_T
Translation_T
Translation_T
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Sep 2, 2015

I've recently begun using Omega_T, and I think it's a great program. There's something I can't put my finger on though. How do I auto translate parts of segments? In this particular case I'm translating a web page which contains many parts of segments that are identical. If I try to insert an auto translation it replaces the entire segment and that is not what I want.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not yet Sep 2, 2015

Translation_T wrote:
If I try to insert an auto translation it replaces the entire segment and that is not what I want.

1. OmegaT doesn't do sub-segment matching yet.

2. When you say "auto translation", do you mean machine translation, or do you mean fuzzy matches?

Translation_T
Translation_T
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 8, 2015

Thank you for your reply. By auto translation I mean fuzzy matches.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Auto translate parts of segments.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »