CONNECTION TIMED OUT with MT
Thread poster: juanvaquera
juanvaquera
juanvaquera
Argentina
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2016

Hey guys! I'm studying at university English here in Arg and some translation works popped up so I decided to take them some months ago. Surfing on the net I discovered OmegaT which quite solved my first problems when translating but now MT stopped working and I'm not sure if it's my notebook's system or OmegaT's software. Does anybody of you have been through this before? Everytime I open my project in the MT window appears what follows:

Connection timed out: connect

... See more
Hey guys! I'm studying at university English here in Arg and some translation works popped up so I decided to take them some months ago. Surfing on the net I discovered OmegaT which quite solved my first problems when translating but now MT stopped working and I'm not sure if it's my notebook's system or OmegaT's software. Does anybody of you have been through this before? Everytime I open my project in the MT window appears what follows:

I couldn't find the same problem in the forum so if anybody could give me a hand I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:22
Russian to English
+ ...
Which MT Jul 28, 2016

Which machine translation system are you using?

juanvaquera
juanvaquera
Argentina
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MTs Jul 28, 2016

MyMemory and Microsoft Translator..

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:22
English to French
+ ...
Looks like a connectivity issue Jul 28, 2016

juanvaquera wrote:

MyMemory and Microsoft Translator..

As MyMemory requires no registration at all, it looks like a connectivity issue. I.e., OmegaT doesn't manage to connect to the Internet.

Does your Internet connection requires a proxy, or something similar?

Didier

juanvaquera
juanvaquera
Argentina
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No proxy Jul 28, 2016

Yes. I also think it's a conectivity issue. I think I have no proxy since I work from home... anyways it seems that omegat's software is the only one which does not connect to the net.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:22
English to French
+ ...
That's perhaps a Java connectivity issue Jul 29, 2016

juanvaquera wrote:

Yes. I also think it's a conectivity issue. I think I have no proxy since I work from home... anyways it seems that omegat's software is the only one which does not connect to the net.

Do you have tested other Java software ability to connect to the Internet?

OmegaT doesn't manage connectivity itself, so it's likely other Java applications cannot connect as well.

If it cannot connect, that may be an issue with your firewall, for instance.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CONNECTION TIMED OUT with MT

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »