Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Staff: Can you do something about the ubiquitous big recruitments for small jobs?
Thread poster: Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:40
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Job offers Jun 24, 2016

Lingua 5B wrote:

"We have a 20 word job, please send us your CV". Why do you require my CV for a 20 word job that you will pay 5 euros? CVs are considered for big projects/tenders or full-time jobs.

I fix all this by setting my minimum project rate.

There is this one agency that were sort of OK when I first started working for them. It was mostly 2k-10k word jobs that they were sending. Then all of a sudden they kept sending jobs worth something like €12. After they have sent 3-4 such jobs in a row, I asked them not to send me jobs below my minimum charge. However, they still kept sending them (each time a new name, a new PM). I probably had to repeat the request 10 times but it still kept going on and on (like they were ignoring what I repeated 10 times).

Instead of repeating your request there's a much faster solution: hit the key marked "delete". Eventually they will get the drift.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff: Can you do something about the ubiquitous big recruitments for small jobs?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »