Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 07:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 28, 2004

Hello everybody,

I realized my cv is available to anybody surfing the net by putting my name and surname on google's bar.
The link is proz's.
I don't like this thing very much, so I removed my cv from my profile, but my cv is still there if you put my name and surname on google's bar.
Could anybody help me in avoiding my personal data from being so visible?
Thank you very much!

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:40
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
They are in the Google cache Jan 28, 2004

mollyf wrote:
...Could anybody help me in avoiding my personal data from being so visible?

Hi mollyf,
I think that Google maintains some data in a cache memory, pointing to some documents even after they have been deleted or updated, and there is nothing that you or ProZ.com can do about it.
At least, I'm not aware of it.

Probably, after some time, the cache will be cleared from the oldest data and your personal details will disappear. They cannot keep all data for ever, at some point they will go away. Just wait...

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-01-28 11:42]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:40
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi mollyf Jan 28, 2004

The first time I realized that I was in Google, I was scared, and when I saw my resume with my address and my three kids, it was panic.

I asked for help to get out of google here (as it was the resume I had put in ProZ), and it was taken off. I agree with Gianfranco that after some time it will completely disappear.
But you know what? I put my resumé on line again. When you know that it can be visible, you write it thinking on that.
It can be brief and state "Contact me
... See more
The first time I realized that I was in Google, I was scared, and when I saw my resume with my address and my three kids, it was panic.

I asked for help to get out of google here (as it was the resume I had put in ProZ), and it was taken off. I agree with Gianfranco that after some time it will completely disappear.
But you know what? I put my resumé on line again. When you know that it can be visible, you write it thinking on that.
It can be brief and state "Contact me for more details" or something like that.

Claudia
Collapse

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it has been removed Jan 29, 2004

Thank you for your suggestions.
My cv has been removed from the internet.
I think google staff did it (I wrote them yesterday).
Bye

Marina Taffetani
Marina Taffetani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
I'm having the same problem Jul 22, 2014

I deleted my CV as soon as I realized it was publicly visible on Google, but it's still there if you search for my name and surname.
I don't like this very much for two reasons: first I would like to avoid scams, second I would like to avoid stalkers (yes I do have a stalker, so this is a huge problem).
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Google can remove the cached version of your CV Jul 22, 2014

Hello Marina,

I see that your CV is no longer available on ProZ.com's servers. If you try clicking on the link to it from the Google search results, you will see a 404: Not Found error.

You can either wait until Google updates their index, or you can request that Google remove the cached version of your CV from their sear
... See more
Hello Marina,

I see that your CV is no longer available on ProZ.com's servers. If you try clicking on the link to it from the Google search results, you will see a 404: Not Found error.

You can either wait until Google updates their index, or you can request that Google remove the cached version of your CV from their search results here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

I hope this helps, but please let me know how everything goes.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

Marina Taffetani
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jul 22, 2014

Thanks Maria, I will do as you suggest. I will let you know if there are any changes.

Marina Taffetani
Italy
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Removed Jul 23, 2014

Hi again,

This is just to let you know that my CV has been removed from the cache and is no more visible on the internet.

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

my cv in the internet

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »