Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 03:12
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Jul 27, 2014

Can someone please help me? I did something wrong and now my page has everything in a different language- e.g Shenim: NUk po etc. Thank you. It seems the titles have changed and I do not know under which topic this should go either. Thank you

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Language drop down menu Jul 27, 2014

That happens sometimes if you click on a link to ProZ from outside (e.g., from a Google search).

Try the language drop down menu at the very bottom of the home page, on the right hand side.

Josephine Cassar
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bottom right hand side Jul 27, 2014

Thank you so much, as I was panicking. I managed it from this same page, bottom, right hand side. Thanks so much for your help

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Remove language prefix Jul 27, 2014

A particular language can be forced by adding a three-letter language prefix to links, thus overriding your user settings. I. e., this page’s link is www.proz.com/forum/linguistic_diversity/272603-language_change_for_proz_page.html and you see it in your default language (I guess, English)... See more
A particular language can be forced by adding a three-letter language prefix to links, thus overriding your user settings. I. e., this page’s link is www.proz.com/forum/linguistic_diversity/272603-language_change_for_proz_page.html and you see it in your default language (I guess, English), but if you change it to bel.proz.com/forum/linguistic_diversity/272603-language_change_for_proz_page.html, you’ll see it in Belarusian. External links (like Google search results, as pointed by Emma Goldsmith) very often contain such language prefixes, especially when you search via a localized Google site (such as google.fr). Thus, make sure that URLs start with www rather than a language code.Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So silly yet so simple Jul 27, 2014

Thank you Esperantisto for answering and your detailed output. Much appreciated

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language change for ProZ. page

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »