'another answer was selected', yet it was mine
Thread poster: e. usilova
e. usilova
e. usilova
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 29, 2014

Hello everybody,

just recently I got an email saying that the question I answered was closed and another answer was selected. In the details below it said that my answer was selected. How should I understand that? Is that a typical KudoZ glitch, or what?

Best,

Ekaterina

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Not a glitch Aug 29, 2014

but the result of automatic grading: the question was graded automatically by the robot, wasn't it? Hence some mess in the notifications.

Of course, you can submit a support ticket with the link to the question, in case you need any further checking.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:09
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Asker's error Aug 29, 2014

There was a case recently in the Russian-English pair when an asker, having selected an answer, then posted in the discussion area that she had selected the wrong answer by mistake and asked how she could correct this. I don't know the outcome, but maybe this is the question to which you refer.

[Edited at 2014-08-29 13:17 GMT]

Pompeo Lattanzi
Pompeo Lattanzi
Italy
Local time: 13:09
English to Italian
+ ...
It happened to me too Aug 29, 2014

Today, for the first time in many years with ProZ.com.
It must be a glitch.

e. usilova
e. usilova
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 30, 2014

Thanks for the replies. So, not a typical, but an unusual glitch, then.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Ekaterina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'another answer was selected', yet it was mine

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »