Piotr Czarnota
Piotr Czarnota  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:01
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2014

Hello,

This might seem dumb, so I apologize in advance if there's a simple answer for that.

When responding to a job posting via "contract the outsourcer by email", how do I attach a CV to the message if it is a quote requirement? I can't see an option to attach a file anywhere.

Thanks!

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
No problem Sep 16, 2014

Maybe I misunderstood your query but I see no problem when replying via outsourcer's email address, you attach it as you normally attach a translation; the problem might lie if you are asked to submit a quote not via email, maybe, if at all. Maybe that is what you wanted to ask?

jingmlittlej (X)
jingmlittlej (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:01
English to Chinese
+ ...
Same here Sep 16, 2014

I am the exactly same question. I usually ask them to reply my message so I can attach my resume. Sure, they don't always respond. But I believe if an agent is seriously trying to find some translators, I will get a response.

Sometimes, I wonder if it's because I don't have the membership?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:01
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Do you mean, via ProZ.com, not e-mail? Sep 17, 2014

There is no problem when you reply to a job ad if the option is to contact the outsourcer by e-mail. You simply click on the link and a normal e-mail message appears.

What is not possible is to attach your CV to a job posting when the option is to 'submit your quote via ProZ.com by clicking the "submit quote" button' because in that case, you reach an online page where you enter the information requested by the outsourcer. This page does not include an attachment option.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:01
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Link to FAQ about quoting on jobs Sep 17, 2014

You have my explanation. Here's the link to the info in ProZ's FAQ:

http://www.proz.com/faq/3208#3208

Piotr Czarnota
Piotr Czarnota  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
contacting the poster through ProZ form Sep 17, 2014

Yolanda Broad wrote:

What is not possible is to attach your CV to a job posting when the option is to 'submit your quote via ProZ.com by clicking the "submit quote" button' because in that case, you reach an online page where you enter the information requested by the outsourcer. This page does not include an attachment option.

That's exactly what I was asking about - submitting a quote through ProZ, while the poster asks for a CV. Should I simply include basic information in the ProZ form and ask the poster to contact me further for a CV?

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 10:01
Japanese to English
Add a link? Sep 17, 2014

If you have your CV uploaded somewhere safe (e.g. your Proz profile) you can include a link in your quote.

jingmlittlej (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can't attach CV when click contact outsourcer by email Sep 17, 2014

Yolanda Broad wrote:

There is no problem when you reply to a job ad if the option is to contact the outsourcer by e-mail. You simply click on the link and a normal e-mail message appears.

Hi Yolanda,

Actually, I can't find a way to attach my CV when I click "Please contact the outsourcer by email". The form I see only have 'To', 'From', 'Your email', 'Send a copy to yourself', 'Subject', and 'Message'. The message is a plain message box. Well, I can expand the text box. But I don't have the option to add an attachment. Same thing happens if I want to send an email to an individual. Could you please help me with it?

Thank you!!

Monica Secchi

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:01
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Submitting a quote through profile message Sep 17, 2014

Hello,

I just want to point out that, when a job poster chooses to be contact by email, the way site members and non-members can contact them differs. Site members see the poster's email address and can write a regular email to them, with the possibility of attaching a file. Non-members can only contact job posters through profile message, a platform that does not allow for attachments. A way for them to share their CV with outsourcers is to upload it to their profiles and then incl
... See more
Hello,

I just want to point out that, when a job poster chooses to be contact by email, the way site members and non-members can contact them differs. Site members see the poster's email address and can write a regular email to them, with the possibility of attaching a file. Non-members can only contact job posters through profile message, a platform that does not allow for attachments. A way for them to share their CV with outsourcers is to upload it to their profiles and then include a link to it in the profile messages.

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

jingmlittlej (X)
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 17, 2014

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

Hello,

I just want to point out that, when a job poster chooses to be contact by email, the way site members and non-members can contact them differs. Site members see the poster's email address and can write a regular email to them, with the possibility of attaching a file. Non-members can only contact job posters through profile message, a platform that does not allow for attachments. A way for them to share their CV with outsourcers is to upload it to their profiles and then include a link to it in the profile messages.

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Reason given Sep 17, 2014

Thank you Alejandro, that explains it then, as we couldn't seem to agree between us for the reason and why some cam attach CVs and some cannot

VladislavaV (X)
VladislavaV (X)
Serbia
Serbo-Croat to English
+ ...
Quots and CV attachment Mar 20, 2015

I am new here, so go easy on me. Can anybody tell me why cannot I quote on jobs? Is it because I don't meet the terms of the specific job post? Also, I am rarely able to find e-mail of the job poster, therefore I am unable to send my CV.

[Edited at 2015-03-20 20:47 GMT]

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:01
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome to ProZ.com! Mar 24, 2015

Dear VladislavaV,

Welcome to ProZ.com! Please see the frequently asked question at http://www.proz.com/faq/3181#3181 for an answer to your question. In short, it is necessary to meet the requirements on job postings in order to be able to contact the job poster.

By the way, since you are new to the site, you may want to check t
... See more
Dear VladislavaV,

Welcome to ProZ.com! Please see the frequently asked question at http://www.proz.com/faq/3181#3181 for an answer to your question. In short, it is necessary to meet the requirements on job postings in order to be able to contact the job poster.

By the way, since you are new to the site, you may want to check the resources at the Guidance Center, http://www.proz.com/guidance-center/additional-resources/ , to learn how to make the most of your ProZ.com experience.

Hope this helps! If you have any question, you can contact site staff from the Support Center, http://www.proz.com/support/ , at any time.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attaching CVs to direct mail responses.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »