Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 30, 2016

Hello

I've noticed that some images in the forum posts are stretched to fit the width of the screen. At first I thought that this was a "feature" of the new mobile design, but it turns out that the stretching action only affects images that were uploaded using the new image uploading feature.

An image uploaded with e.g. Imgur:

The same image uploaded with ProZ.com's image upload feature:

maxresdefault

And in case this doesn't happen in your browser, this is what I see in Opera 32 (Chromium) and Firefox:

Samuel

[Edited at 2016-07-30 08:50 GMT]

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 23:58
@Samuel Jul 31, 2016

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for pointing this issue out. I have fixed this for uploads going forward (though it won't apply for images that were already uploaded).

This is your same image re-uploaded with ProZ.com's uploader:
WjTBgoL

If you still notice any issues with images please let me know.

Kevin

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Add images when editing a previously written posting Jul 31, 2016

Hi Kevin,

Quite often I write a posting on my iPhone and later on I add an image (like a screenshot) to this posting on my iMac, while editing the message. Could you please add the possibility to add an image while editing a previously written message?

Cheers,

Hans

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
+1 Jul 31, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:
Could you please add the possibility to add an image while editing a previously written message?

Yes, I miss this feature too. At the moment, if I want to add an image when editing a message, I have to create a temporary "reply" to the thread, upload the image, and then cancel that reply.

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 23:58
Image uploads now available on edit form Jul 31, 2016

Thanks for the feedback CafeTran Training & Samuel. I added that in.

Kevin

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Uploading images from free account: deliberately disabled? Nov 19, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

Thanks for the feedback CafeTran Training & Samuel. I added that in.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, my CafeTran Training account has changed from paid to free. I find that I now cannot longer upload images to postings. Is this by design?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Image uploading is a member-only feature Nov 21, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

Hi Kevin, my CafeTran Training account has changed from paid to free. I find that I now cannot longer upload images to postings. Is this by design?

Than's correct, CafeTran Training. As Kevin states on http://www.proz.com/topic/304340 , forum image uploading is a feature for members.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New image upload stretches images in new mobile ProZ.com design

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »