For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Translating Screenplays

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Translating Screenplays".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:49
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Final draft Oct 30, 2014

Very interesting! Rather a lover of screenwriting than a skilled one, I mostly use the free version of Celtx, because of the charge of Final Draft...do this webinar help me as a beginner screnplay even if I'd hardly buy FD?
Thannk you in advance.

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:49
Member (2002)
Russian to English
Celtx Oct 30, 2014

Hi leucotea,
Great question! I will be talking about Final Draft because it's the industry standard, meaning it's the tool used by most of the authors you will work with. About 25% of the webinar will be specifically about the software. The rest of the time we will be talking about structure/formatting and language issues.
Thanks for the question, hope this helps!
Elizabeth

potra
potra
United States
Local time: 19:49
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Script translation Nov 21, 2014

Hey Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for your extremely interesting and hands on course. I am now considering purchasing Final Draft and also realize how unprofessional MS Word would be in relation Scripts in Final Draft.

Laura

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:49
Member (2002)
Russian to English
Final Draft Nov 21, 2014

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your comment. If you aren't translating screenplays regularly, you might want to consider the less expensive options as well. Celtx and Fade In have good reviews, I haven't seen as much about Trelby.
Glad you enjoyed the webinar!
Elizabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Screenplays

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »