For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

AndreaLlopis
AndreaLlopis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Duration of the course Jan 16, 2015

Dear Mrs Michiels,

I would like to know the duration of the course, as 3 hours is a short time (that's what it is said above)

Thank you for your feedback.

Andrea Llopis.

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Duration of the course Jan 16, 2015

AndreaLlopis wrote:

Dear Mrs Michiels,

I would like to know the duration of the course, as 3 hours is a short time (that's what it is said above)

Thank you for your feedback.

Andrea Llopis.

Hello Andrea,

The online workshop lasts three hours. You may check the training plan for details about topics to be covered.

The participation fee is 99 USD for each training level. It includes access to the live 3 hour online training session, manuals, exercises and certification exams. Note: three hour online SDL Trados Certification sessions are not recorded.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

My bests,
Helen

Caterina Esteva
Caterina Esteva  Identity Verified
Spain
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
WIFI Jan 29, 2015

Dear Mrs Michiels,

About Virtual platform system requirements and recommendations:

"• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended."??
I'd like to know if can I attend this training course using Wireless connection.

Best regards
Caterina

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
WIFI Jan 29, 2015

Caterina Esteva wrote:

Dear Mrs Michiels,

About Virtual platform system requirements and recommendations:

"• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended."??
I'd like to know if can I attend this training course using Wireless connection.

Best regards
Caterina

Hello Caterina,

Thank you for your interest in the training. It is always suggested to use stable Internet connection in order to attend online events, specially is they deal with CAT tools.

All attendees will remain muted during the session but you can use the Questions box to communicate with the trainer. You will need to have good headset/speakers and stable connection. If you use Wifi and there is no way to switch to cable, I would suggest you joining the session using telephone. If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar.

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Ammoula1959
Ammoula1959
Arabic to English
+ ...
Training levels and internet connection Feb 3, 2015

Hello, Could you please let me know what you mean by "each training level"? Is it beginner, intermediate, and advanced? My second question is related to the internet connection in Egypt; sometimes we have troubles with the connection, which means that I might miss some parts or all of the session. Have you encountered such a situation, and what is the best way to go about it? Thanks

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Training levels and internet connection Feb 4, 2015

Ammoula1959 wrote:

Hello, Could you please let me know what you mean by "each training level"? Is it beginner, intermediate, and advanced? My second question is related to the internet connection in Egypt; sometimes we have troubles with the connection, which means that I might miss some parts or all of the session. Have you encountered such a situation, and what is the best way to go about it? Thanks

Hello Ammoula1959,

Indeed, the part "each training level" refers to training levels as "Getting Started", "Intermediate", "Advanced".

As for Internet connection, you may check your connectivity at http://www.proz.com/faq/4997#4997 and see if all works fine. You should make sure you use cable instead of Wifi connection and your PC meets the requirements, http://www.proz.com/faq/4946#4946 If you lose connection during the webinar, I am afraid there is nothing we can do. The GTW platform provides toll free numbers for those who want to join the platform using not telephone instead of VOiP. In this case the call is charged as a local call. But there is no toll free number for Egypt I am afraid.

If you are looking for a session which does not include exams and materials you may be interested in purchasing unlimited access to an on-demand training like this one:
SDL Trados Studio 2011 VS Wordfast-PRO - Pros and Cons, http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/9296
Workshop on SDL Trados Studio 2011: tips and tricks for advance level users, http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/8788
Workshop on SDL Trados Studio 2014: tips and tricks for beginners, http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/10159

Hope this helps.

Please do not hesitate to submit a support request if you have any other doubts, http://www.proz.com/support/ Thanks!

My bests,
Helen

S.E.S.
S.E.S.
German to Greek
+ ...
URGENT !!!!! I did not get any e-mail, how do I join the training Feb 18, 2015

Hello,

I read in the instructions that
- "72 hours before the training session, you will receive a confirmation email from Go To Webinar containing information and a unique link for joining the webinar. This link is unique to your registration and can only be used by you. Please check carefully the webinar start date and time as well as all system requirements, refunds are not available for missed sessions.
Some minutes prior to the webinar's announced time, open the confi
... See more
Hello,

I read in the instructions that
- "72 hours before the training session, you will receive a confirmation email from Go To Webinar containing information and a unique link for joining the webinar. This link is unique to your registration and can only be used by you. Please check carefully the webinar start date and time as well as all system requirements, refunds are not available for missed sessions.
Some minutes prior to the webinar's announced time, open the confirmation email and click the "Join Webinar" link provided there. If prompted, click Yes, Grant or Trust to accept the download."

I still have no e-mail or link, although I paid right away ten days ago.
How do I join the training tomorrow morning???!!!!

Kindly
Elisabeth

[Edited at 2015-02-18 22:53 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
S.E.S.
S.E.S.
German to Greek
+ ...
I need an attestation/certificate tomorrow Feb 19, 2015

Hello Helen,

it worked fine with logging in, thank you so much!!

I need a certificate or attestation of attendance for this training, how can I get one, can you provide me with one please? I need to submit it tomorrow (that was also the reason why I took the training), is this possible?
I asked the trainer, Ms. Michiels ans she said it you would probably be able to procure me with one.

For your answer many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
-Elisabet
... See more
Hello Helen,

it worked fine with logging in, thank you so much!!

I need a certificate or attestation of attendance for this training, how can I get one, can you provide me with one please? I need to submit it tomorrow (that was also the reason why I took the training), is this possible?
I asked the trainer, Ms. Michiels ans she said it you would probably be able to procure me with one.

For your answer many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
-Elisabeth-

[Edited at 2015-02-19 10:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-02-19 14:20 GMT]
Collapse

S.E.S.
S.E.S.
German to Greek
+ ...
Request repeat Feb 19, 2015

Hi Helen,

if you would be kind enough to answer me please,
or at least to tell me whom to address?

I need some kind of attestation for attending the course.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
-Elisabeth-

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Request repeat Feb 19, 2015

S.E.S. wrote:

Hi Helen,

if you would be kind enough to answer me please,
or at least to tell me whom to address?

I need some kind of attestation for attending the course.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
-Elisabeth-

Dear Elisabeth,

I see you have requested it in the support request, http://www.proz.com/support/my_requests

Feel free to let me know if you have any other doubts by opening the support request. Thank you.

My bests,
Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »