For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Free webinar - SDL Trados Studio – Let’s go back to basics

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Free webinar - SDL Trados Studio – Let’s go back to basics".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ayouba Boukari
Ayouba Boukari
Benin
Local time: 22:37
English to French
+ ...
English-French-English Translator, experience in Trados Studio 2011 and WordfastPro 3 Mar 17, 2015

I would be glad to attend the webinar as it would allow me strengthen my knowledge in SDL Trados Studio.

Shepherdyu
Shepherdyu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:37
English to Chinese
great webinar Mar 18, 2015

English-chinese and German-chinese translator, also experience in Trados Studio 2014 and WordfastPro 3.

It is a good chance to learn the studio systemically.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:37
Russian to English
+ ...
webinar available afterward? Mar 24, 2015

I can't attend at that time. Will the recording of the webinar be available afterward?

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Use of the word "training" Mar 24, 2015

Dear Proz staff:
This is not English: "Please leave your comments, suggestions or general questions on this training." Training is not a countable noun. Search for "training" here: http://ec.europa.eu/translation/english/guidelines/documents/misused_english_terminology_eu_publications_en.pdf :
"TRAINING
"Explan
... See more
Dear Proz staff:
This is not English: "Please leave your comments, suggestions or general questions on this training." Training is not a countable noun. Search for "training" here: http://ec.europa.eu/translation/english/guidelines/documents/misused_english_terminology_eu_publications_en.pdf :
"TRAINING
"Explanation
"This is one of a series of gerunds used creatively but incorrectly as countable nouns (a
training, a screening, a prefinancing, a planning), which is not generally possible in English. Training in English is a process (the process of being trained) and it cannot be used as a synonym for a ‘(training) course’. It is also often used redundantly in combination with ‘course’ (second example below), as if the word ‘course’ on its own were somehow not good enough....
"Alternatives
"course (language course/I am on a course/I am doing a course), workshop (attending a
workshop), presentation, talk etc."

This word has been wrongly inserted into translatorese by translators who are not native in English.

[Edited at 2015-03-25 12:04 GMT]
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Native-speaker jargon Mar 24, 2015

Susan Welsh wrote:

Dear Proz staff:
This is not English: "Please leave your comments, suggestions or general questions on this training." Training is not a countable noun. Search for "training" here: http://ec.europa.eu/translation/english/guidelines/documents/misused_english_terminology_eu_publications_en.pdf
This word has been wrongly inserted into translatorese by translators who are not native in English.

Hi Susan,

The countability or uncountability of nouns isn't so much a hard-and-fast rule as a speaker-defined way of considering nouns. You and I might regard "training" as an uncountable process but when the process is split up into discrete units, the temptation to perceive them as countable is well nigh irresistible. Even if you are the University of Cambridge

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
A recording of the webinar will be available 72 hours after the webinar has been held Mar 26, 2015

Dear Susan,

A recording of the webinar will be available 72 hours after the webinar has been held.

Best regards,
Romina

Mirka Lankamp
Mirka Lankamp  Identity Verified
Belgium
French to German
+ ...
software needed? Mar 27, 2015

Hello,
Basic question: do I necessarily need the Trados Software to participate? Or is something like a sample provided?
Thanks in advance,
Mirka

Qamar Tyyebi (X)
Qamar Tyyebi (X)
Canada
Urdu to English
+ ...
what time Toronto, Canada? Mar 28, 2015

Hi I would like to attend this webinar but am not sure what time in Toronto.

Yasmeen

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
The webinar will start in 10 minutes Mar 30, 2015

The webinar will start in 10 minutes!

Daniela Biancucci
Daniela Biancucci
Argentina
Local time: 18:37
English to Spanish
Recording of the webinar Mar 30, 2015

Dear Romina,
I could not attend to this webinar. I read it would be available after 72 hours after it has been held. Where can I see it?

AngieA
AngieA
Argentina
Local time: 18:37
ABSENCY Mar 30, 2015

Dear Romina,
I trully apologize I could not make it to the webinar this morning, I missread the time. Am I able to do the one held tomorrow anyway or is it better to listen to both recordings after the 72 hr. period? Thanks in advance.
Best!

Gerwin Jansen
Gerwin Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Recording of the webinar Mar 31, 2015

Daniela Biancucci wrote:

Dear Romina,
I could not attend to this webinar. I read it would be available after 72 hours after it has been held. Where can I see it?

Same for me.
I found the e-mail of 14:32h PM this very night.
I'm even too late to register.
So, how and where can I watch the video (without the registration, since it is impossible to register afterwards) so that the "Let's go further" webinar of March 31st will be easier to understand?
What do I have to

Yong-Zho Zhang
Yong-Zho Zhang
Local time: 05:37
Chinese to English
+ ...
Recording of the webinar might be found here when available Apr 3, 2015

1-Fach wrote:

Daniela Biancucci wrote:

I could not attend to this webinar. .......... Where can I see it?

http://www.proz.com/videos/free-webinar-week-videos

But so far I can only find one with the same topic from Mar 20.

[Edited at 2015-04-03 08:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free webinar - SDL Trados Studio – Let’s go back to basics

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »