For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is it really that simple?

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is it really that simple?".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Molly Yurick
Molly Yurick  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:43
Spanish to English
What if I'm not available at that date/time? May 26, 2015

If I am not able to attend the webinar live, can I access it after? Does it cost less to view it after the fact than live?

Thanks

Molly

[Edited at 2015-05-26 20:44 GMT]

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:43
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Tourism is really simple to translate May 26, 2015

but it's really hard to translate it well, I mean to make your text catching and appealing.

Most linguists can translate tourism text to an acceptable level but only a few can do a very good job.

Irene Koukia
Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 07:43
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
What if I'm not available at that date/time? May 31, 2015

Hi Molly,

That's no problem at all, since you will receive a link to the Video Recording by the end of the week following the Webinar and you may always contact me if you have any questions

Best regards,
Irene

Molly Yurick wrote:

If I am not able to attend the webinar live, can I access it after? Does it cost less to view it after the fact than live?

Thanks

Molly

[Edited at 2015-05-26 20:44 GMT]

Communique
Communique  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:43
French to English
Course suitability Jun 10, 2015

Hello - is this course aimed at translators new to tourism translation?

Irene Koukia
Greece
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Course suitability Jun 10, 2015

Hello,

It is mainly for inexperienced colleagues in the field.

Best regards,
Irene

Communique wrote:

Hello - is this course aimed at translators new to tourism translation?

Laura Carrizo
Laura Carrizo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Availability of video Jun 10, 2015

Hi,
I am interested in the course but I cannot attend the session. Also, I travel abroad on Friday and I will not have access to a computer within one week. I will only be back on 26th June. Is it possible to extend the period during which the video will be accessible? Otherwise I will have to skip it and wait for a later reedition, if there is one. Thanks.

Irene Koukia
Greece
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Availability of video Jun 10, 2015

Laura Veronica wrote:

Hi,
I am interested in the course but I cannot attend the session. Also, I travel abroad on Friday and I will not have access to a computer within one week. I will only be back on 26th June. Is it possible to extend the period during which the video will be accessible? Otherwise I will have to skip it and wait for a later reedition, if there is one. Thanks.

Hi Laura,

No worries! The video will be available for a very long time - It will be sent within a week but available for viewing for as long as you wish.

Best regards,
Irene

Laura Carrizo
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Jun 11, 2015

I could manage to see the webinar but I could never find out how to ask questions and I did not see the links to the material you were talking about. In any case, thank you very soundly! It was a very interesting course and contents were explained clearly.

Irene Koukia
Greece
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Material Jun 11, 2015

Laura Veronica wrote:

I could manage to see the webinar but I could never find out how to ask questions and I did not see the links to the material you were talking about. In any case, thank you very soundly! It was a very interesting course and contents were explained clearly.

Hi Laura,

I guess you missed the introduction, that's why. I have just sent you the link to the material in a private message

Please feel free to contact me in case of questions!

Thank you for attending!
Best regards,
Irene

Helen Hammond
Helen Hammond
France
Local time: 06:43
French to English
Missed the webinar Jun 16, 2015

Hi Irene,

Unfortunately I couldn't make your webinar in spite of subscribing, could you send me the link to access the material?

Regards,
Helen

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF

Helen Hammond Kestener wrote:

Hi Irene,

Unfortunately I couldn't make your webinar in spite of subscribing, could you send me the link to access the material?

Regards,
Helen

Hello Helen,

Please find a link to the video at http://www.proz.com/videos/2654-translation-in-travel-tourism-is-it-really-that-simple

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Irene Koukia
Greece
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...

Hi Helen,

Thank you for attending the Webinar. I have just sent you a message with a link to download the PPT and all supporting material. Here it is again (valid for a week from now): http://we.tl/yS5hkis86o

Please feel free to ask if there are any questions

Best regards,
Irene

Helen Hammond Kestener wrote:

Hi Irene,

Regards,
Helen

Laura Carrizo
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
The link to the material is due, could you please send it again? Jun 28, 2015

Hi, Irene,

You sent me the link to the material but I had to travel and had no time to open it. More than one week elapsed and it is no longer valid. Could you please send it again to me?

I am sorry for bothering you once again.

Best regards and have a lovely week,

Laura

Irene Koukia
Greece
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Link Jun 29, 2015

Laura Veronica wrote:

Hi, Irene,

You sent me the link to the material but I had to travel and had no time to open it. More than one week elapsed and it is no longer valid. Could you please send it again to me?

I am sorry for bothering you once again.

Best regards and have a lovely week,

Laura

Hi Laura,

I will send it again in a personal message.

Best regards,
Irene

Laura Carrizo
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you, Irene! Jun 29, 2015

You're an angel!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is it really that simple?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »