For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Charity event session: Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Charity event session: Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Claudia Brauer
Claudia Brauer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:38
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Diamond Volunteer May 28, 2015

(http://bankerswithoutborders.com/sites/default/files/Diamond%20Volunteers%20Book.pdf)
"Grameen Foundation has leveraged [Claudia's] skills for five years on various tasks and assignments: she completed the first official translation into Spanish of the Progress Out of Poverty Index (PPI®) and other revolutionary anti-poverty tools. As
... See more
(http://bankerswithoutborders.com/sites/default/files/Diamond%20Volunteers%20Book.pdf)
"Grameen Foundation has leveraged [Claudia's] skills for five years on various tasks and assignments: she completed the first official translation into Spanish of the Progress Out of Poverty Index (PPI®) and other revolutionary anti-poverty tools. As a joint collaboration with Translators without Borders in 2012, Claudia designed and wrote an Introduction to Translation manual for the Kenyan Healthcare Translation Center.
“It has been my honor and privilege to be part of a volunteer experience that allows me to make a difference in the world... without leaving the comfort of my own desk! I had always admired Muhammad Yunus and his concept of ending poverty, one family at a time. Now that the internet has eliminated geographical barriers, I am proud to work as a translator and interpreter, helping eliminate the last barrier to reach all corners of the world, regardless of local language.”

[Edited at 2015-05-28 12:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-05-28 12:03 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Charity event session: Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »