For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Advanced Video Transcription: Tips & Tricks

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Advanced Video Transcription: Tips & Tricks".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

nidiapecol
nidiapecol
Local time: 03:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Where is the "BUY" Button? Feb 9, 2016

I wanted to see the price of the seminar and see if I could register, but there is no "BUY" Button anywhere. Can you please correct it or redirect us to the correct link for registering? Thanks!!!

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Where is the "BUY" Button? Feb 10, 2016

nidiapecol wrote:

I wanted to see the price of the seminar and see if I could register, but there is no "BUY" Button anywhere. Can you please correct it or redirect us to the correct link for registering? Thanks!!!

Hi nidiapecol,

Thank you for your interest in the training. You may wish to purchase the session by clicking on the Purchase button as suggested here on the screenshot: http://proz.me/PurchaseButton

Please let me know ifyou have any doubts. Thanks!

My bests,
Helen

star3098
star3098
Mongolia
Local time: 15:27
Piece o' cake Mar 11, 2016

Spoiler Alert. The black guy at 1:18 says: "And now we have to print out some teenage mutant ninja turtle action figures."

But that thing aside, I still sometimes have some trouble with transcribing dialects like Scots or Southern American English (although I don't have any trouble with transcribing Black English or Standard American English or UKSE or even AusEng. It's just those two pesky dialects that I have been having trouble with as long as I've been transcribing which is years
... See more
Spoiler Alert. The black guy at 1:18 says: "And now we have to print out some teenage mutant ninja turtle action figures."

But that thing aside, I still sometimes have some trouble with transcribing dialects like Scots or Southern American English (although I don't have any trouble with transcribing Black English or Standard American English or UKSE or even AusEng. It's just those two pesky dialects that I have been having trouble with as long as I've been transcribing which is years upon years now). So are you going to talk about those dialects in particular, because I would love to hear from someone who is like really good at transcribing those dialects how they manage to do it so well, especially if they are not a native speaker?
Collapse

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:27
Member (2013)
English to Russian
Piece o' cake Mar 23, 2016

star3098 wrote:

But that thing aside, I still sometimes have some trouble with transcribing dialects like Scots or Southern American English (although I don't have any trouble with transcribing Black English or Standard American English or UKSE or even AusEng. It's just those two pesky dialects that I have been having trouble with as long as I've been transcribing which is years upon years now). So are you going to talk about those dialects in particular, because I would love to hear from someone who is like really good at transcribing those dialects how they manage to do it so well, especially if they are not a native speaker?

This webinar is aimed at people who transcribe from a source language that's not their mother tongue. That said, when it comes to accents, it's best to simply not accept the project, because otherwise you can get yourself in trouble.

Because you have figured what the guy at 1:18 said, I think this webinar won't be of much help to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced Video Transcription: Tips & Tricks

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »