Thread poster: Mandy K
Mandy K
Mandy K
Local time: 10:00
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 27, 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I am translating a text from English to Arabic on a Word document. The layout of the original text is 2 columns on a page. I have tried 2 different ways, but failed: 1- I tried to change the columns on the original English text so the right column becomes left and the left becomes right. 2- Translate the text into Arabic on a separate document then change the layout into 2 columns; however, the text still reads from left column to right.

I would rather
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I am translating a text from English to Arabic on a Word document. The layout of the original text is 2 columns on a page. I have tried 2 different ways, but failed: 1- I tried to change the columns on the original English text so the right column becomes left and the left becomes right. 2- Translate the text into Arabic on a separate document then change the layout into 2 columns; however, the text still reads from left column to right.

I would rather change the English columns order (swap the columns) is this possible? If not possible, how can I have the Arabic columns read in the right order (from right to left).

Thank you
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Text reads from left to right column in Word for Arabic translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »