Thread poster: Chosana Thanabhumi
Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 14:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
I also refuse my info being used there Nov 16, 2014

Me too, mine is listed there, though I don\'t know how, I absolutely hate this kind of act. Since the site staff said they would see that, I hope there will be a result soon.

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:47
English to German
+ ...
Thanks for making us aware of this. Nov 16, 2014

I am there, too.

It must be older, since I have changed tiny parts of my profile some weeks ago.

And I don't translate from or into Arabic.

Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
ProZ?? Nov 16, 2014

Why haven't I been informed of this? I found out by a post on LinkedIn and found that I'm also there...

I seem to be an expert in Breakfast English??? HAHAHAHA I also mention in my presentation how I look forward to being on proz... they seem to overlook things like that.

Idiots.

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:47
German to English
+ ...
The site seems to be of Russian origin Nov 16, 2014

Linda Lindstrom wrote:

Why haven't I been informed of this? I found out by a post on LinkedIn and found that I'm also there...

I seem to be an expert in Breakfast English??? HAHAHAHA I also mention in my presentation how I look forward to being on proz... they seem to overlook things like that.

Idiots.

so the Breakfast English is quite normal as they have never heard of British English. You must be glad that you aren't an expert in Bloody or Butcher's, or Blubbering, etc., English.

Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
I know!! Nov 16, 2014

Maija Cirule wrote: so the Breakfast English is quite normal as they have never heard of British English. You must be glad that you aren't an expert in Bloody or Butcher's, or Blubbering, etc., English.

so the Breakfast English is quite normal as they have never heard of British English. You must be glad that you aren't an expert in Bloody or Butcher's, or Blubbering, etc., English. [/quote]

It would be interesting to hear if anyone actually receives an offer through this joke of a website... I probably won't as I don't think Breakfast English is in high demand.

I still want to know why ProZ hasn't gone out to inform us? I usually get scam-info mails, but not about this?

Strange.

[Edited at 2014-11-16 08:04 GMT]

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
This fact was revealed only yesterday Nov 16, 2014

Linda Lindstrom wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote: so the Breakfast English is quite normal as they have never heard of British English. You must be glad that you aren't an expert in Bloody or Butcher's, or Blubbering, etc., English.

so the Breakfast English is quite normal as they have never heard of British English. You must be glad that you aren't an expert in Bloody or Butcher's, or Blubbering, etc., English.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone actually receives an offer through this joke of a website... I probably won't as I don't think Breakfast English is in high demand.

I still want to know why ProZ hasn't gone out to inform us? I usually get scam-info mails, but not about this?

Strange.

[Edited at 2014-11-16 08:04 GMT] [/quote]

and I suppose that some details should be find out before scam alert emails dispatching.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Never! Nov 16, 2014

Linda Lindstrom wrote:

My expectation of this is that the contact possibility is also a fake: they will most probably impersonate us and do one-time jobs with automatic translation after being paid part of the job in advance. This looks like nothing like a big scam, exploiting our credit as professionals (and ruining it for the poor customers who happen to use the website for any translation).

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Yes Nov 16, 2014

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Linda Lindstrom wrote:

My expectation of this is that the contact possibility is also a fake: they will most probably impersonate us and do one-time jobs with automatic translation after being paid part of the job in advance. This looks like nothing like a big scam, exploiting our credit as professionals (and ruining it for the poor customers who happen to use the website for any translation).

You are right, I don't think that the contacts are real unless you have explicitly disclosed them in your profile.

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What I just wrote to [email protected] Nov 16, 2014

Munich, November 16th, 2014

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Please be informed that there is a huge data theft. The stolen data can be found on http://lingvopoint.com/index.php?e=users&role=freelancer.

I am a freelance translator, and my data are
... See more
Munich, November 16th, 2014

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Please be informed that there is a huge data theft. The stolen data can be found on http://lingvopoint.com/index.php?e=users&role=freelancer.

I am a freelance translator, and my data are there as well (http://lingvopoint.com/index.php?e=users&m=details&id=13689&u=Gudrun%20Wolfrath), although I have not given any kind of authorization to publish my data/profile there.

My original data are on http://www.proz.com/translator/969658.

As you can see in the link

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/277712-another_unauthorised_directory_listing_lingvopointcom.html

many people's data have been stolen.

Kind regards,
Gudrun Wolfrath

--
Taschnerstr. 12
80638 München

Tel./Fax: +49 (0)89 – 77 44 45
Mobil: +49 (0)176 45 50 57 05
E-Mail: [email protected]

[Bearbeitet am 2014-11-16 08:35 GMT]
Collapse

Sonia Hill
Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:47
Italian to English
My details have been stolen too Nov 16, 2014

I am on there as well and with very low prices ($7/1800 characters, $600 per month), which I feel could be potentially harmful to my reputation.

I have reported them to name.com like Gudrun in the hope that will help.

I sincerely hope ProZ will look into this large-scale theft properly and take appropriate action.

K. Drakou
K. Drakou  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Greek
+ ...
My profile is there too Nov 16, 2014

This makes me so angry.. Proz needs to protect our data, isn't it right?

Sonia Hill
Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Thank you Nov 16, 2014

Thomas Frost wrote:

Here are the abuse reports I am going to send myself. Anyone can do it. These methods are often effective, as I have found out in the past when some of my articles have been scraped by rogue sites.

1. Complain about copyright infringement to the abuse e-mail address listed for the registrar in Whois: [email protected] .

2. Complain about copyright infringement to the hosting company Digital Ocean on https://www.digitalocean.com/company/contact/#tab_abusetrigger .

3. File a copyright infringement report with Google at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?rd=1 .

4. Complain about copyright infringement to the hosting company NephoScale Inc.: [email protected] .

[Edited at 2014-11-15 17:49 GMT]

Thank you Thomas. I have just followed all these steps!

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
I am also there... Nov 16, 2014

Listed under ENEL... but, project is Translation & Revision EN>ES, Subject Medical, Experienced in the medical domain.

Hahahahah... I have no knowledge of Spanish and no experience whatsoever in Medical translations.

Well, apart from the funny side of this identity theft, what really bothers me as a paying member of ProZ is that it is so easy for my profile to be mined.

I would really like to hear what ProZ has to say about this and how they plan to rectify
... See more
Listed under ENEL... but, project is Translation & Revision EN>ES, Subject Medical, Experienced in the medical domain.

Hahahahah... I have no knowledge of Spanish and no experience whatsoever in Medical translations.

Well, apart from the funny side of this identity theft, what really bothers me as a paying member of ProZ is that it is so easy for my profile to be mined.

I would really like to hear what ProZ has to say about this and how they plan to rectify this situation and force these people to take down our profiles from this site.

Waiting for your reply ProZ.

Thank you.
Collapse

Angela Arnone
Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Impossible to contact the site directly Nov 16, 2014

What's even more worrying is that the site is "sealed" and it's impossible to contact them.
Jared, I hope you can get throught to them.
Angela

haroula tsoutsia (X)
haroula tsoutsia (X)
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Thank you for informing us Nov 16, 2014

Unfortunately, I am also there! I am sending an email at [email protected].
Hopefully, something can be done if we all act immediately! Thanks again!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another unauthorised directory listing - lingvopoint.com

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »