Anja Bessel
Germany
Local time: 03:09
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I am translating a file (Windows 97) with the Tag Editor. After some lines without any problems, I get the Workbench error

80001 Trados Workbench error: Ausnahmefehler des Servers (exceptionel server error)
and
80001 Trados Workbench error: Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich (unpermitted access to a saving area).

I am working with Trados 2006 version 7.x Freelance.
I already reloaded the file and changed the
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am translating a file (Windows 97) with the Tag Editor. After some lines without any problems, I get the Workbench error

80001 Trados Workbench error: Ausnahmefehler des Servers (exceptionel server error)
and
80001 Trados Workbench error: Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich (unpermitted access to a saving area).

I am working with Trados 2006 version 7.x Freelance.
I already reloaded the file and changed the file name. But the errors are still there.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!!

Kind regards,

Anja
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Server threw an exception Apr 13, 2008

In this case I woud first reorganise the database - Workbench, File, Reorganise.

What kind of file is "Windows 97"? I never heard about it...
Probably you mean Word 97. Is the file itself not corrupt?

Regards
Jerzy

Anja Bessel
Anja Bessel
Germany
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jerzy! Problem seems to be solved! Apr 13, 2008

Dear Jerzy,

It seems that the reorganisation solved my problem! Indeed, my last reorganisation is long time ago... Thank you very very much!!!

Kind regards,

Anja

Rebeca Larios
Rebeca Larios  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 21:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Muchas gracias!!! Jan 2, 2009

This one was a lifesaver for me! I thought I would have to manually modify the files using Dreamweaver :-0

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
same problem - reorganization doesn't help Jul 16, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am having the same problem as Anja (though with TWB and TagEditor 8.2.0.835). I am translating a Word file (I'm using Word 2002, file extension is *.doc) against a TM provided by the agency.

Upon opening one particular segment, TWB throws the error message "80001 Trados Workbench error: Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich". Subsequent attempts lead to the error message "80001 Trados Workbench error: Ausnahmefehler des Servers".

... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am having the same problem as Anja (though with TWB and TagEditor 8.2.0.835). I am translating a Word file (I'm using Word 2002, file extension is *.doc) against a TM provided by the agency.

Upon opening one particular segment, TWB throws the error message "80001 Trados Workbench error: Unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich". Subsequent attempts lead to the error message "80001 Trados Workbench error: Ausnahmefehler des Servers".

I have reorganised the TM, but the problem persists.

I have exported the TM, created a new one, re-imported, but to no avail.

I have saved the doc as rtf, then saved the rtf as doc again - no effect.

I have deleted the segment in the source text (which I can clearly identify, the segments before and after open without any problems), and retyped it manually in order to eliminate possible "weird" characters - but this also doesn't help.

I've tried to translate directly in Word. Here, no error messages appear, but instead of opening the problematic segment, the previous segment is opened again, and "-{}- inserted at the beginning of the target segment (although in normal style, not as tags). I can't close the segment then: Workbench says "previous request not yet finished" in the status bar.

I'm at my wits end. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Erik

Edit: added doc-rtf-doc procedure.

[Bearbeitet am 2009-07-16 15:54 GMT]
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
solution found Jul 17, 2009

For the sake of future readers of this thread:

The problem was that the Trados considered the document as bilingual (although it didn't show any visible signs). I ran the "restore source" macro in word, which solved the problem.

Regards,
Erik

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The solution I found Jan 23, 2010

I tried the solution proposed by efreitag; it did not solve my problem, but when I run the Word macro tw4winResetDocument.Main it solved it.

HTH

Elías

[Edited at 2010-01-23 20:03 GMT]

John Taylor
John Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:09
German to English
+ ...
One more method.... Feb 13, 2010

I had this problem.

I noticed I was getting a hit in the TM even though the segment wasn't opening and the hit wasn't being inserted etc.

Solution was to edit the hit in the TM *removing any tags (formatting and other)*.

I have no idea quite why this works, but it may be a helpful solution for somebody.

Vitaly Golub
Vitaly Golub  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 05:09
English to Russian
Thanks. Reorganizing the TM really resolves this issue. May 7, 2011

Thanks. Reorganizing the TM really resolves this issue.

Tünde Lőrincz
Tünde Lőrincz  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:09
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reorganizing Oct 10, 2012

doesn't work for me when struggling with the same problem.
The cause might be something else...

Michela R
Michela R
Thank you, in my case it worked!! May 8, 2013

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

In this case I woud first reorganise the database - Workbench, File, Reorganise.

What kind of file is "Windows 97"? I never heard about it...
Probably you mean Word 97. Is the file itself not corrupt?

Regards
Jerzy

Michela R
Michela R
Reorganizing May 8, 2013

Thank you, in my case reorganizing the Tm worked!

Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Gianluigi Desogus, PhD  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:09
English to Italian
+ ...
thanks! Sep 22, 2014

This error was driving me round the bend, but reorganizing the TM did the trick!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench error 80001

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »