Thread poster: Micah Reverdy
Micah Reverdy
Micah Reverdy  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:07
English to French
+ ...
Feb 9, 2010

Hi,

I recently purchased SDL Trados Studio 2009. When installing the program for the first time, I was asked to enter my licence number to activate the product; I did as requested and got a message saying that the product had been activated successfully.

The problem is that every time I open the program I get the same window asking me to activate the product again. I have been through the activation process several times, but every time I open the program I am asked to
... See more
Hi,

I recently purchased SDL Trados Studio 2009. When installing the program for the first time, I was asked to enter my licence number to activate the product; I did as requested and got a message saying that the product had been activated successfully.

The problem is that every time I open the program I get the same window asking me to activate the product again. I have been through the activation process several times, but every time I open the program I am asked to activate again and again - as if I were installing the program for the first time each time I open it. I even returned the licence once to see if that would help - but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Micah Reverdy
Collapse

Gwenydd Jones
Gwenydd Jones  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You are using the 2007 activation code Feb 9, 2010

Hi there,

The same thing happened to me last week and got in touch with their support centre. It turned out I was using the 2007 activation code (don't ask me how as I didn't even have the 2007 version).

Here is what they sent me:

The problem is that you are attempting to license SDL Trados Studio 2009 with you 2007 activation code. However, they both use separate activation codes. Please start SDL Trados Studio 2009 and when asked to activate the software
... See more
Hi there,

The same thing happened to me last week and got in touch with their support centre. It turned out I was using the 2007 activation code (don't ask me how as I didn't even have the 2007 version).

Here is what they sent me:

The problem is that you are attempting to license SDL Trados Studio 2009 with you 2007 activation code. However, they both use separate activation codes. Please start SDL Trados Studio 2009 and when asked to activate the software please input your SDL Trados Studio 2009 activation code which can be found under the My Licenses section of your online SDL account.

It worked and now there is no problem. If you can't find your other code, I think you should drop them an e-mail and request it.

Hope that helps!

Gwen
Collapse

Micah Reverdy
Micah Reverdy  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Gwen - Problem solved Feb 9, 2010

Hi Gwen,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It turns out I was doing the same thing and using the wrong activation code - I hadn’t realised I had also been given a licence number for the 2007 version. Anyway I entered the 2009 code and it works now - Many thanks for saving my day!

Kind regards,
Micah

[Edited at 2010-02-09 08:25 GMT]

hHold
hHold

French to English
Same prob Apr 16, 2011

Hi

I have the same problem i.e. Trados keeps asking me for my License number. I had a look at my online account and used the 2009 activation code displayed yet this not solve the problem.

Ta

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Drop me a mail ... Apr 16, 2011

.... off forum so I know who you are and I can take a look for you.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Joost Simons
Joost Simons  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same problem Mar 16, 2012

Same problem here. I use the code provided for 2009, but it still keeps asking me to activate every time I start up the program.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Complete the process Mar 16, 2012

Joost Simons wrote:

Same problem here. I use the code provided for 2009, but it still keeps asking me to activate every time I start up the program.

Hello,

You have not completed the upgrade process yet and this must be done first before the product is ready to be activated. There is a video here, that is linked from your account, on how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WDZtMwBDYE&list=PLF05D743E8ECFB8C1&index=1&feature=plpp_video

So you currently show this:

Just watch the video and then follow the process by clicking on the "1 purchased upgrade available to activate" link. The reason for this is because this action can trigger some work in your account depending on what's needed.

Regards

Paul

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:07
Member (2004)
English to Italian
same here... Oct 24, 2014

sorry to resurrect this thread, but, all of a sudden, when I launch Studio 2014 for the first time in the morning, the activation page is shown... If I press "continue" then everything is fine... I'm a bit puzzled by this and I can't find a solution... any help, SDL?

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:07
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Solved! Oct 25, 2014

I deactivated the licence and reactivated it... I don't get the activation page any more!

Jane Phillips
Jane Phillips  Identity Verified
France
Member (2013)
French to English
No active licence Jan 9, 2015

When I tried to open Studio 2014 this morning I had a message asking me to activate it, when I click on the Activate button and put in my licence code I get a message saying that this code is already activated on another computer.

I haven't changed or upgraded my computer since buying the licence last year. In fact I have changed nothing since the last time I opened Trados 2 days ago.

Help!!! (many thanks in advance)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio keeps asking me to activate the product

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »