Thread poster: Atanas Dakov
Atanas Dakov
Atanas Dakov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:55
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 17, 2010

I have the following very stange problem with Workbench on my laptop. A few weeks ago I noticed that Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise of my Trados 2007 Professional are disabled and I cannot use them. At first I thought that the reason for this is the server TM, which I connect to from time to time when I work for one of my customers, since when I connect to this particular server TM the same features are disabled. However at the moment these 4 features are disabled no matter which TM I try to use... See more
I have the following very stange problem with Workbench on my laptop. A few weeks ago I noticed that Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise of my Trados 2007 Professional are disabled and I cannot use them. At first I thought that the reason for this is the server TM, which I connect to from time to time when I work for one of my customers, since when I connect to this particular server TM the same features are disabled. However at the moment these 4 features are disabled no matter which TM I try to use, no matter whether it is located on a server or on my laptop. Everything else looks ok, I can change the settings and can work with TagEditor and in Word, but I cannot export and import.

Another strange thing is that if I create a new TM, Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise are enabled and I can use them, but as soon as I close Workbench and reopen it they become disabled.

I have tried the following:
I installed Trados on my desktop PC and everything is fine, the problem does not exist. So I decided that there is some problem with the installation and that I should reinstall Trados on my laptop. However, since I keep a lot of valuable information on my laptop and I did not wanted to mess it up with reinstall, I decided to try to install Trados on my second laptop and see what will happen. After intallation there is exactly the same problem as above - Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise are enabled only when I create a new TM, but as soon as I close Workbench and reopen it or if I open an old memory they become disabled.

Has anyone experienced the same?
Collapse

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:55
English to French
+ ...
Open it 'exclusively' Mar 17, 2010

For a local TM: when you browse to the location of the TM, tick the box 'Exclusive'.

In regards to the server TMs, it depends on the restrictions defined by the client. Depending on your user type, you may or may not be allowed to perform certain tasks. Check with your client about the rights associated with your user type in their system.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Exclusive mode Mar 17, 2010

Atanas Dakov wrote:

I have the following very stange problem with Workbench on my laptop. A few weeks ago I noticed that Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise of my Trados 2007 Professional are disabled and I cannot use them. (...)
Another strange thing is that if I create a new TM, Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise are enabled and I can use them, but as soon as I close Workbench and reopen it they become disabled.

I have tried the following:
I installed Trados on my desktop PC and everything is fine, the problem does not exist. So I decided that there is some problem with the installation and that I should reinstall Trados on my laptop. However, since I keep a lot of valuable information on my laptop and I did not wanted to mess it up with reinstall, I decided to try to install Trados on my second laptop and see what will happen. After intallation there is exactly the same problem as above - Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise are enabled only when I create a new TM, but as soon as I close Workbench and reopen it or if I open an old memory they become disabled.

Simply open your TMs in exclusive mode.
You have a checkbox in the File > Open dialog box.
Then Trados will remember this setting 'til the checkbox is unchecked.

Cheers
GG

Atanas Dakov
Atanas Dakov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - it worked Mar 18, 2010

Thank you guys for your advice. I suspected that the solution may be something simple, but never thought that it is the exclusive mode.

Thank you once again!

Fernando Tognis
Fernando Tognis  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:55
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem, same solution Sep 14, 2011

Thanks!

Natalia Kreczmar
Natalia Kreczmar
English to Polish
+ ...
THIS IS SUPER HELPFUL! Dec 21, 2011

Thanks guys this has helped me tremendously!

Lingopro
Lingopro  Identity Verified
Israel
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Same Same Apr 5, 2012

Thanks guys, so simple, yet so brilliant!

Denise Rugo
Denise Rugo  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Your answer helped me too! Sep 5, 2013

Thanks!

Emiliano Bertolini
Emiliano Bertolini
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 28, 2015

Thanks a lot! A post still super useful after 5 years!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench problem - Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise are disabled

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »