Why don't Auto-propagation and AutoSuggest work in Studio?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:10
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2010

I have activated both AutoSuggest dictionary and TM for the current project file.

I typed a translation on a row and then, a few rows further down in the same document I had exactly the same source text. Shouldn't this have been autopropagated when I clicked on that target segment?

Also, nothing from AutoSuggest when I type in my translations (my AutoSuggest contains about 50,000 TU).

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Check your settings Sep 18, 2010

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Check that the functions are activated. You do this in Tools - Options - AutoSuggest

I typed a translation on a row and then, a few rows further down in the same document I had exactly the same source text. Shouldn't this have been autopropagated when I clicked on that target segment?

Did you confirm the first segment? Its content can only be autopropagated if it is in the TM and it only gets written to the TM when you confirm the segment (CTRL-ENTER).

Also check the settings for auto-propagation in Tools - Options - Editor - Auto-propagation.

Walter

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everything is ticked as it should but AutoSuggest and Auto-propagation still don't work Sep 18, 2010

Everything is ticked as it should but AutoSuggest and Auto-propagation still don't work:

1. Tools/Options/AutoSuggest: Enable AutoSuggest (checkbox is ticked).

2. Tools/Options/Editor/Auto-propagation:
Enable Auto-propagation (checkbox is ticked).
Minimum match value: 75 %.
Prompt User: Never - always auto-propagate translations without prompting user.

3. Project Settings: English (United States)->Swedish (Sweden)
(I have selected t
... See more
Everything is ticked as it should but AutoSuggest and Auto-propagation still don't work:

(I have selected the correct TM and AutoSuggest dictionary for this language pair and for this project).

But there is something peculiar when I have a look in the lower-right corner, the status field for SDL Studio 2009: "Source language: English (United States) No Target Language".
Collapse

edyta1
edyta1
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:10
English to Polish
+ ...
same prolem - any solutions? Nov 24, 2010

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

(I have selected the correct TM and AutoSuggest dictionary for this language pair and for this project).

But there is something peculiar when I have a look in the lower-right corner, the status field for SDL Studio 2009: "Source language: English (United States) No Target Language".

Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. In my case though, auto propagation worked in the first file of a project, but not in the rest of them. I have the same settings as you, Fredrik. Have you managed to find the solution? thnx
edyta

[Modificato alle 2010-11-24 13:03 GMT]

Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same problem Jun 7, 2012

Auto-propagate worked at first (when the same sentence occurs, it is auto-propagated. However, if - during the review _ I amended the first sentence, the change is not reflected in later occurrences of the sentence!! Auto-propagate is enabled of course (it worked the first time). Any tips?

Frédéric Aubert
Frédéric Aubert  Identity Verified
France
English to French
same in 2014 Oct 3, 2013

Hey, I'm having the same problem in Studio 2014: I translated a text, with several auto-progagated sentences. That worked, no problem.
However, after reviewing, I changed things in the propagated sentences and the changes did not auto-propagate in the following sentences, I had to change every occurrence manually.

Does anyone know what's happening and how to solve this?

Carina Lucindo
Carina Lucindo  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:10
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The same problem in Studio 2014 May 28, 2014

Auto-propagate simply doesn't work.

I'm working on multiple files opened using Quick Merge... which is completely useless without auto propagate.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Saulius_S
Saulius_S
Lithuania
Local time: 01:10
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
AutoSuggest terminology recognition problems in Studio 2014 SP1 May 29, 2014

This was seriously changed in SP1. Recognized terms in SP1 Editor are presented for inserting not in the order they appear in the segment, but in the rather unpredictable order. Also the rate of unrecognized terms is higher than it was in Studio 2014, despite they are in the termbase. Therm that differ by one letter (e.g. word starting wih capital) is not recognized, but three letters of 10 letters word are marked as recognized term. Sometimes entire word and its parts are marked as recognized t... See more
This was seriously changed in SP1. Recognized terms in SP1 Editor are presented for inserting not in the order they appear in the segment, but in the rather unpredictable order. Also the rate of unrecognized terms is higher than it was in Studio 2014, despite they are in the termbase. Therm that differ by one letter (e.g. word starting wih capital) is not recognized, but three letters of 10 letters word are marked as recognized term. Sometimes entire word and its parts are marked as recognized terms. I don't think that there is sense for marking of term that consists of less than 50% of marked word (maybe useful for German composite words, but in this case it should be configurable).
I miss the Trados 2007 style term recognition, when terms were presented to insert for all terms in the segment including repetitions, and also the single keyboard shortcut access to Termbase Search for highlighted word.

[Edited at 2014-05-29 14:36 GMT]
Collapse

Saulius_S
Saulius_S
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
AutoSuggest terminology recognition problems in Studio 2014 SP1 Jun 1, 2014

This is the way Studio 2014 SP1 recognizes terms in the same document. Is this acceptable?

Saulius_S
Saulius_S
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
AutoSuggest terminology recognition problems in Studio 2014 SP1 Jul 26, 2014

It seems to be solved by the update 11.1.3952.0. Thanks SDL.

[Edited at 2014-07-26 16:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »