Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Why can't I merge two neighbouring segments in SDL Trados Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
PDFs are not a problem Nov 6, 2012

but this is a format not intended for direct translation. For complicated PDFs you should use special software (see Software Applications forum for more discussions) or ask your client to provide you an editable file.

OzanP
OzanP
Türkiye
Local time: 18:45
Russian to Turkish
+ ...
TU? Oct 19, 2014

3. Select the first segment, right mouse-click the TU in the search window and select edit.

[Edited at 2010-11-15 10:38 GMT]

As someone who is new to Trados, can someone please tell me what does the abbreviation "TU" mean above?

Thanks

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
TU Oct 19, 2014

TU means "translation unit" (aka segment).

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
Same problem in Trados 2014 Oct 22, 2014

I have many phrases that are split at the period mark used to abbreviate certain words. No solution in sight. I guess I'll just have to recreate this project in MemoQ.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Segmentation rule Oct 22, 2014

D.D.G. wrote:

I have many phrases that are split at the period mark used to abbreviate certain words. No solution in sight. I guess I'll just have to recreate this project in MemoQ.

Solution:
Add the abbreviations to the full stop segmentation rule in your TM and recreate the project. MemoQ works just the same.

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
English to French
Same darn problem, MS Word source, no breaks... Sep 13, 2015

I have the MS Words source and the sentences are in a table, but clearly without break. And still merged is greyed out. Studio 2011. As a result I pollute the client's TM with illogical non-matching bits of sentence. I and future translators also miss on concordance and leverage. So ... anyone thinks for a second I will ever buy another Trados version? Veni, vidi, vomui...

[Edited at 2015-09-14 08:20 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can't I merge two neighbouring segments in SDL Trados Studio 2009?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »