Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:05
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Nov 29, 2010

This is the full text of the error message:

SDL XLIFF validation error at line 3634 offset 1635: The key sequence 221' in Keyref fails to refer to some key.

I cannot finalize the translated file or update the memories, or export the finished translation.

I have tried to start the translation from scratch using the translation memories, but at one point or another Trados crashes and then shows the error message (with a different line and offset number).
... See more
This is the full text of the error message:

SDL XLIFF validation error at line 3634 offset 1635: The key sequence 221' in Keyref fails to refer to some key.

I cannot finalize the translated file or update the memories, or export the finished translation.

I have tried to start the translation from scratch using the translation memories, but at one point or another Trados crashes and then shows the error message (with a different line and offset number).

The deadline for the finished translation is in a few hours, so help is appreciated.

[Edited at 2010-11-29 13:22 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:05
English to Czech
+ ...
Source document format Nov 29, 2010

Hello Pavel,
what is the source document format? If it's MS Word, the source document may be corrupted, so I would try Open & Repair.

Just a blind shot...

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:05
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Repair? Nov 29, 2010

Stanislav,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The source file is a Word document. What exactly do you mean by "Open & Repair"? Where is the Repair function situated - is it part of Trados Studio?

Kind regards,

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Repair in Word Nov 29, 2010

Hello Pavel,
follow this process:
1. Launch MS Word
2. Go to "File > Open"
3. In the "Open" dialog box, browse to the respective document, but DO NOT open it yet
4. You'll see a small arrow in the "Open" button
5. Click the small arrow and select "Open & Repair"
6. Re-save the DOC file (or save it as DOCX)
7. Use your TM to retranslate the Word document

I hope this will work.

Mari Hiraoka
Mari Hiraoka  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2011)
French to German
+ ...
Solved with a solution proposed for another problem! Aug 16, 2012

Hi all,

Just in case the "open & repair" solution doesn't work, I just had the same problem with a TTX file and tried out another solution (also suggested by Stanislav but with regards to another problem): Here's the link: http://deu.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/193354-t2009:_system_out_of_memory_exception.html

A
... See more
Hi all,

Just in case the "open & repair" solution doesn't work, I just had the same problem with a TTX file and tried out another solution (also suggested by Stanislav but with regards to another problem): Here's the link: http://deu.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/193354-t2009:_system_out_of_memory_exception.html

A copy of Stanislav's answer:
1) Open the TTX in Notepad (or Notepad++ or whatever)
2) Press CTRL+H, find Type="start" and replace it with nothing.
3) Press CTRL+H, find RightEdge="angle" and replace it with nothing.
4) Save the TTX and process it with Studio.

This worked for me, no error message anymore.
A big THANK YOU to Stanislav!!!

Cheers,
Mari
Collapse

Lindsay Anderson
Lindsay Anderson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:05
Japanese to English
+ ...
Repair in Word worked like a charm Dec 9, 2014

I am so glad I found this thread!

Stanislav your advice was genius (even if it was a solution to a really simple problem) and I cannot thank you enough. I have been working tirelessly on this translation project for a class using SDL Trados 2014 and thanks to you I was able to fix this validation error issue.

Thank you so much!!!!

Lindsay A.

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another solution Jan 9, 2015

Just found another solution to the problem:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/3662.html

HTH

Arvind Raman
Arvind Raman
Singapore
German to English
+ ...
Problem persists Mar 4, 2015

Hello,

I am having this problem with a document. I am getting a validation error "sdlxliff validation error at line 2859.. I tried the solution posted by Elias, but I am still getting the error. any suggestions?

Thanks

Arvind

New update: After following the steps given by Elias Now I am getting the following error message "Reference to undeclared entity 'PARTNER'. Line 2599, position 448442. I have checked the word document and it looks fine an
... See more
Hello,

I am having this problem with a document. I am getting a validation error "sdlxliff validation error at line 2859.. I tried the solution posted by Elias, but I am still getting the error. any suggestions?

Thanks

Arvind

New update: After following the steps given by Elias Now I am getting the following error message "Reference to undeclared entity 'PARTNER'. Line 2599, position 448442. I have checked the word document and it looks fine and have also repaired it. If I open the same document freshly it opens and I am able to work on it. But if I close the document and try to open it later, it does not open and gives the above mentioned error message.

Any Help is highlt appreciated

Regards

Arvind

[Edited at 2015-03-04 16:32 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you share your files? Mar 4, 2015

Hello Arvind,

If you can share the original source file and the fully translated sdlxliff I'll happily taken a look at this problem for you?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL XLIFF validation error at line 3634 offset 1635

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »