Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:24
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
May 9, 2011

Hello,

I have a project with three documents (I am not using a project memory, just one main memory). I type the translation and then 'confirm and move to next unconfirmed segment' but translation is not added to the memory. I tried 'update main translation memories' and this did not work. I ticked 'always add new translation to translation memory', still doesn't work.

Anything else I can try?

Many thanks.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check your project settings May 9, 2011

At least ONE TM must be set to "Update".

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved: Trados Studio Memory not updating May 9, 2011

Thanks a million. This resolved the problem.

tradco
tradco  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:24
French to English
+ ...
Trados Studio Memory not updating May 31, 2012

Hi all,

Running into the same issue with SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1-10.1.28880.3 Professional.

Although I checked the update box, my translation memory does not update.

Has anyone else experienced this/any solutions?

Thanks,

Pascale

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post.
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Project TM vs Main TM Jun 4, 2012

Hi,

If your update boxes are checked then my best guess is that you are checking the TM that is not being updated as you work... so the Main TM and you're working with a Project TM.

You can confirm this in the Editor View by confirming a segment that was not in your TM and then clicking back into that segment and seeing whether or not you get a match in the TM Results pane.

If not then perhaps you can elaborate a little on how you are working, including how
... See more
Hi,

If your update boxes are checked then my best guess is that you are checking the TM that is not being updated as you work... so the Main TM and you're working with a Project TM.

You can confirm this in the Editor View by confirming a segment that was not in your TM and then clicking back into that segment and seeing whether or not you get a match in the TM Results pane.

If not then perhaps you can elaborate a little on how you are working, including how you confirm your segments as you translate them?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Expialidocio (X)
Expialidocio (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Same problem, unresolved Feb 18, 2013

Hi,

I'm reviving this thread as I have the same problem. I am using a single TM (a new TM), with no project TM, and "update" is checked. I've never had this problem with other memories. When I look at the TM in the TM pane, it is empty ("No translation units to display") even though I have confirmed 18 segments in the project so far. When I click on a confirmed segment, the concordance window says "No matches found".

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
update boxes Feb 18, 2013

Hi Amanda,

I am not sure what to suggest because the solution given here resolved this problem. I Had the update box ticked on a different memory to the one I was working on.

Also, I remember from another time.... When you are going through the project setup wizard, there is an option in there to select the memory to update.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,

Kath.

Anna Lycett (X)
Anna Lycett (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:24
English to Polish
+ ...
Same problem Feb 23, 2013

Hi,
I've got the same problem. I hardly ever use project TMs but I have 3 general TMs for the language pairs that I work with. Despite having been using them for several months, there's only a dozen or so units in each. Strangely, the TMs do give me suggestions but I can't edit them at all.
Any ideas?
I checked individual project settings, general settings in Options and I just don't know how to solve the problem.

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
language pairs Feb 24, 2013

Hi Keycheck,
Did you look in Language pairs (take a look at the screen shot)

Maybe you are updating project memories and not main memories?

I don't use Trados anymore, I use MemoQ, which I find a whole lot better.

Cheers,
Kath.
If you don't resolve the issue here, it might be worth creating a new post. Sometimes the people from Trados answer the questions.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Blog post on updating TMs Feb 27, 2013

KeyCheck wrote:

I have 3 general TMs for the language pairs that I work with. Despite having been using them for several months, there's only a dozen or so units in each.

Any ideas?

I've just written a blog post about updating translation memories in Studio. Maybe this troubleshooting guide will point you in the right direction:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

janeppm
janeppm
English to Spanish
Trados Studio Memory not updating May 14, 2013

Emma Goldsmith: Thank you!! I had tried everything and my TM still wasn't updating but your "last resort" suggestion worked perfectly!

"If you have been through all the above points and your TM is still not being updated, as a last resort you can import your translated file into the TM. Go to View>Translation Memories, then File>Open>Translation Memory (or simply click Alt+Shift+O from anywhere in Studio). Now go to File>Import and select the translated sdlxliff file.
Hey! Yo
... See more
Emma Goldsmith: Thank you!! I had tried everything and my TM still wasn't updating but your "last resort" suggestion worked perfectly!

"If you have been through all the above points and your TM is still not being updated, as a last resort you can import your translated file into the TM. Go to View>Translation Memories, then File>Open>Translation Memory (or simply click Alt+Shift+O from anywhere in Studio). Now go to File>Import and select the translated sdlxliff file.
Hey! Your TM is now bang up to date!"

Thank you again!
Collapse

Piotr Fras
Piotr Fras  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Perfect solution! Dec 4, 2013

janeppm wrote:

Hey! Your TM is now bang up to date!"

Thank you again!

It worked in my case too. Thank you Emma!

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Trados Studio Memory not updating Jan 18, 2014

I had this problem too.

I found that it only happened on new / empty TMs. I added a single entry from a dummy translation and then the TM updated every time. Now I have no problems at all updating the TM.

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Same problem May 21, 2014

I have the same problem! I've been working with Trados Studio for several years and I'm sure I did not forget to check the "Update" checkbox, confuse project and main TM, etc. Emma's last solution (importing the sdlxliff files) worked with me but this can't be the solution! I bought Trados to save me work and time but struggling to import old translations every time can't be the solution! I can't remember all old segments I ever had during my work, this should be done by Trados...

S
... See more
I have the same problem! I've been working with Trados Studio for several years and I'm sure I did not forget to check the "Update" checkbox, confuse project and main TM, etc. Emma's last solution (importing the sdlxliff files) worked with me but this can't be the solution! I bought Trados to save me work and time but struggling to import old translations every time can't be the solution! I can't remember all old segments I ever had during my work, this should be done by Trados...

SDL team, please resolve this bug! Thanks!

Best regards,
Markus
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio Memory not updating

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »