Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
United States
Local time: 07:59
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
Aug 12, 2011

Hello.

I had a problem with Word 10, which I thought it was been cause by Multiterm 8 add-on. So I uninstalled Multiterm and reinstalled.

Now, everytime I try to run it, I get the message

"Access to path 'C:\Users\mariabk\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Multiterm\8.5.0.0\Base Settings.xml' denied."

I've unisntalled and reinstalled twice to no avail.

I've also run as an administrator; it didn't help either.

Any ideas?
<
... See more
Hello.

I had a problem with Word 10, which I thought it was been cause by Multiterm 8 add-on. So I uninstalled Multiterm and reinstalled.

Now, everytime I try to run it, I get the message

"Access to path 'C:\Users\mariabk\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Multiterm\8.5.0.0\Base Settings.xml' denied."

I've unisntalled and reinstalled twice to no avail.

I've also run as an administrator; it didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Maria
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:59
English
Try deleting the basesettings.xml Aug 13, 2011

Hi Maria,

It may be that if you delete the file and then restart MultiTerm so the file is recreated that the problem will resolve itself. If it doesn't then you can raise a support case through the Solution Finder like this.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Pro
... See more
Hi Maria,

It may be that if you delete the file and then restart MultiTerm so the file is recreated that the problem will resolve itself. If it doesn't then you can raise a support case through the Solution Finder like this.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- I get an error message during installation.
-- I am installing SDL MultiTerm 2009.
--- I have disabled UAC during installation / I do not have Windows Vista or Windows 7.
---- I receive an error message during installation that is different from the ones listed here.

It would be worth checking the KB articles you see on the way as you didn't mention which OS you are using.

At the end this process will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a (working) day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

United States
Local time: 07:59
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Deleting Basesettings.xml worked Aug 14, 2011

Thanks, Paul.

I deleted the file like you said, launched MT again and it is up and running!

Maria

Flowerconsul (X)
Flowerconsul (X)  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 12:59
German to English
+ ...
Follow up for other people with this problem May 29, 2015

I experienced a repeated "Access denied to ( ) base settings" following an upgrade automatically downloaded by Trados.

Whenever I tried to change the project settings on any of the files in Trados it occured.

This is the fix that I found on the SDL website: http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4457#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4457... See more
I experienced a repeated "Access denied to ( ) base settings" following an upgrade automatically downloaded by Trados.

Whenever I tried to change the project settings on any of the files in Trados it occured.

This is the fix that I found on the SDL website: http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4457#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4457

So far we have found a few different solutions to this issue
Solution 1:

Rename the setting files and run a repair installation:

Close all SDL applications.
Go to the following folder:
For Windows XP and SDL Trados Studio 2014: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11.0.0.0
For Windows XP and SDL Trados Studio 2011: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0
For Windows 7/8 and SDL Trados Studio 2014: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11.0.0.0
For Windows 7/8 and SDL Trados Studio 2011: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10.0.0.0
There you will find the following 3 XML files that you should rename, for example with an underscore before the name:
BaseSettings.xml
Plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

After you have completed these steps run a repair installation:

Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
In the list of installed programs scroll to your newly installed product update, for example the entry SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2
Select this entry with a click and then click the Repair button.
Try launching the updated version from SDL Trados Studio again.

NOTE: If you do not find this folder, it could be that these are hidden. In order to view hidden files and folders please follow the steps from KB article #3330 Howto: Show hidden files and folders on Windows operating systems

This worked for me.

Good luck to others.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Multiterm 8 - Access Denied Base Settings.xml

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »