Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:19
English
present Dec 20, 2011

Hi all,

A little holiday present for all Studio 2009 customers. We have just released CU15 for SDL Trados Studio 2009, which introduces Google API v2 Support.

If you AutoUpdate your Studio, you should get it.

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1

Cumulative update 15 (released on 19 December 2011)

- Support for the
... See more
Hi all,

A little holiday present for all Studio 2009 customers. We have just released CU15 for SDL Trados Studio 2009, which introduces Google API v2 Support.

If you AutoUpdate your Studio, you should get it.

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1

Cumulative update 15 (released on 19 December 2011)

- Support for the new version of Google Translate (Google Translate API v2). This is now a paid-for service. The languages supported for translation are defined by Google Translate and may change at any time. Some restrictions may apply depending on the operating system you are using. To use Google Translate, you need to set up a Google account, enable the Google Translate API and create an API key using the Google API console. Click here to get started https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=devconsole&passive=1209600&continue=https://code.google.com/apis/console/?api=translate&followup=https://code.google.com/apis/console/?api=translate (you will be redirected to the Google web site).

- Client-server compatibility fix for error reporting when connecting from a 2011 version client to a 2009 server or vice versa.

On a sidenote for all Studio 2011 users: SP1 is out today too.

Cheers,
Luis
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
different approach Jan 12, 2012

GT4T takes a rather different approach to MT:

The result is often disappointing when sending the whole segment to MT. With GT4T you can select any portion of a sentence. GT4T aims to incorporate MT into the translation process, helping translators with suggestions and reducing keystrokes, rather than using MT as a first draft translator.

Show alternative translations for every syntagm. It's exciting as you have many possible translations for each part of a sentence. It
... See more

The result is often disappointing when sending the whole segment to MT. With GT4T you can select any portion of a sentence. GT4T aims to incorporate MT into the translation process, helping translators with suggestions and reducing keystrokes, rather than using MT as a first draft translator.

Show alternative translations for every syntagm. It's exciting as you have many possible translations for each part of a sentence. It works very well when you mind gets stuck or tired.

Show both Google and Bing translations.

A combination of User-defined Glossary and MT. When MT cannot translate a term correctly, you can add it to Glossary and then result is always correct.
Collapse

Magdalena Szewciów
Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados Studio 2011 SP1 not working with GT Jan 19, 2012

Hi,
I have a project that my client expects me to complete using Google Translate. So far, everything was ok and I successfully translated most of the project using GT. However, today, I encountered the following when I wanted to continue working with GT:

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider Google Translate: The remote server returned an error (403)"
(Apparently, it's the same error message that you all encountered around December when GT was bec
... See more
Hi,
I have a project that my client expects me to complete using Google Translate. So far, everything was ok and I successfully translated most of the project using GT. However, today, I encountered the following when I wanted to continue working with GT:

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider Google Translate: The remote server returned an error (403)"
(Apparently, it's the same error message that you all encountered around December when GT was becoming a paid service.)

I think I read all that was said before and so:
- I checked if my billing was enabled (it was),
- I cleaned all my history and cookies (didn't make any difference),
- I checked my API key (it's ok),
- I also checked (to amuse myself, I guess) if I exceeded the daily/monthy quota of words (I didn't)
- I downloaded SP1 thinking it would be somehow connected (apparently it wasn't).

What should I do next?

Thanks in advance for your comments/help.
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:19
Member (2004)
English to Italian
very useful indeed... Jan 19, 2012

Dallas Cao wrote:

Show alternative translations for every syntagm. It's exciting as you have many possible translations for each part of a sentence. It works very well when you mind gets stuck or tired.

Show both Google and Bing translations.

A combination of User-defined Glossary and MT. When MT cannot translate a term correctly, you can add it to Glossary and then result is always correct.

I don't always need to have GT immediately copied into the target segment, since I often actually prefer not to use it for a specific sentence, for many reasons. GT4T - apart from being a lot cheaper on the long term - which helps - allows you to stop and think and then apply GT or Bing if you wish to do so... a very valid alternative! And I forgot to say that Dallas is very quick in his support.

G

[Edited at 2012-01-19 12:43 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Google has problems today... Jan 19, 2012

Magdalena Szewciów wrote:

(Apparently, it's the same error message that you all encountered around December when GT was becoming a paid service.)

(...)

Thanks in advance for your comments/help.

It seems Google experiences some problems today.

It was reported e.g. on the DVX2 related list but, at least DVX2 doesn't throw annoying messages for every segment.

Cheers
GG

Magdalena Szewciów
Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Well Jan 19, 2012

Grzegorz, thank you, at least you cheered me up.

Gfarley
Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Any news on SDL fixing the multiple calls to GT for the same segment problem? Jan 31, 2012

Kenneth Powers wrote:

Uncheck "Implicit row activation" under Options and uncheck Google Translate as a memory when revising, it will save you money. If I actually translated everything Google charged me I would be a rich man making over €100,000 a month. We have to find ways to stop Trados from resending everything continuously. SDL should make it so that it asks Google once per segment. Any ideas? fixes?

We can also disconnect from the Internet when revising but it would be better if SDL saved us money by not resending everything to GT multiple times. Any news on this?

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
The upgrade patch can not be installed... May 28, 2015

I tried to get the Google Translator fix by doing the upgradeadviced here and when trying to run te Studio KB3944-2.msp file, I get the error message: The upgrade patch can not be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be uppgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exits on your computer and that you have the correct uppgrade patch.

I do have Studio 2011 and 2014 - is
... See more
I tried to get the Google Translator fix by doing the upgradeadviced here and when trying to run te Studio KB3944-2.msp file, I get the error message: The upgrade patch can not be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be uppgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exits on your computer and that you have the correct uppgrade patch.

I do have Studio 2011 and 2014 - is that the reason?
Collapse

Gfarley
Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
This upgrade patch no longer needed May 28, 2015

To Smilex2005: This is an outdated post. The problem described here was fixed in Studio 2014 so you should not need this update.

xonaar
xonaar
Taiwan
Local time: 22:19
Trados 2014 SP1 + Google Translate API V2 does not support ENG -> ZH-TW...? Jul 24, 2015

Hi everybody,
Just new on this forum! I am a beginner using Trados 2014 SP1 and Google Translate API V2.
Trados just works with Google Translate API to translate ENG into ZH-CN (simplified Chinese).. However, if I want to translate from ENG to ZH-TW (traditional Chinese, Taiwan), the Google Translate API yields only the ZH-CN results instead of the ZH-TW ones... Just try every settings available on the Traods, but still cannot find the solution! Can anyone shed some light on it? Than
... See more
Hi everybody,
Just new on this forum! I am a beginner using Trados 2014 SP1 and Google Translate API V2.
Trados just works with Google Translate API to translate ENG into ZH-CN (simplified Chinese).. However, if I want to translate from ENG to ZH-TW (traditional Chinese, Taiwan), the Google Translate API yields only the ZH-CN results instead of the ZH-TW ones... Just try every settings available on the Traods, but still cannot find the solution! Can anyone shed some light on it? Thanks!!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translator not working in Studio

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »