How to delete a term in a Multiterm entry?
Thread poster: Elmar Bierbaum
Elmar Bierbaum
Elmar Bierbaum  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:09
Member (2009)
French to German
+ ...
Oct 12, 2011

Hello,

It is no problem to add a term in an entry. But when I want to delete an obsolete or duplicate term in an entry and hit enter to close the term field, the term keeps coming back. The context menu does not offer any options either. Rather awkward, this action should be easy to perform.

Any solutions?

Thank you

Elmar

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Deletion Oct 12, 2011

Got to the Edit Menu and select Delete - quite simple

Elmar Bierbaum
Member (2009)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
delete greyed out Oct 12, 2011

Thank you, but when I edit the entry, click on the term within the entry and then go to edit/delete in the menu, delete is greyed out. I just want to delete one term in the entry, not the whole entry.

Laura Bissio CT
Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
select and delete with DEL key Oct 12, 2011

Hi Elmar,
you just need to select the term entry, activate the edition mode for this entry, select the term you want to delete and then press the DEL key in your keyboard.

I also spent quite a while looking for a delete option or button within the software, until somebody told me to use the keyboard!

Good luck!

Laura

Elmar Bierbaum
Member (2009)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's it! Oct 12, 2011

Great, that's it, Thank you Laura

Elmar

Fleur Brooke
Fleur Brooke  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Thank you! Oct 18, 2011

I too have spent / wasted a lot of time on this. How can something so simple be so 'not obvious'!

VaclavCermak
VaclavCermak
Czech Republic
English to Czech
How do you edit in MultiTerm? Apr 30, 2015

Sorry for a ridiculous question - but how do you switch into the edit mode so you can delete an unwanted term?

MultiTerm is all but intuitive.

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Choose the edit function May 1, 2015

VaclavCermak wrote:

Sorry for a ridiculous question - but how do you switch into the edit mode so you can delete an unwanted term?

MultiTerm is all but intuitive.

If you have just one termbase, simply right-click and choose Edit.
If you have more termbases, make sure you have selected the specific termbase where the term is located that you want to edit (click the Termbases tab and select). Then right-click and choose Edit.

Marceline
Marceline
United States
Local time: 22:09
Japanese to English
How to delete one of the synonyms? May 2, 2015

For a term that contains multiple synonyms, I can see how to edit one of the synonyms, but I can't figure out how to delete one of the synonyms. Is this not possible?

~~Nevermind~~ I see that the Delete key works to remove an unwanted synonym. I think that it would be better if this could be a menu item, as this has been been bugging me for years and apparently I'm not the only one who couldn't figure it out.

[Edited at 2015-05-02 17:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-05-02 17:5
... See more
For a term that contains multiple synonyms, I can see how to edit one of the synonyms, but I can't figure out how to delete one of the synonyms. Is this not possible?

~~Nevermind~~ I see that the Delete key works to remove an unwanted synonym. I think that it would be better if this could be a menu item, as this has been been bugging me for years and apparently I'm not the only one who couldn't figure it out.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete a term in a Multiterm entry?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »