Vanessa Correa
Vanessa Correa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:53
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
did the repair.... Oct 17, 2012

....restarted Studio, nothing. Repaired again, restarted the computer, and there is still "no results".

Still working on memoq.

It was 7 years to buy from SDL and now this.

Do you think its funny? Well, I don't.

Still up to suing SDL and asking for my money back.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:53
English
Webex Oct 17, 2012

Hello,

If this didn't work then we can organise a webex to take a look at your machine. If you drop me an email I'll arrange this for sometime tomorrow to suit you.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

madrid78
madrid78
French to English
+ ...
Any further developments? Jan 22, 2013

Have there been any further developments on this issue? After six months of working perfectly, my term recognition has gone haywire and now only works with certain segments. I have tried everying in this thread to no avail. Any further suggestions?

Nat Shockley
Nat Shockley
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Term translations not detected if an "better", empty match exists Feb 11, 2013

madrid78 wrote:

Have there been any further developments on this issue? After six months of working perfectly, my term recognition has gone haywire and now only works with certain segments. I have tried everying in this thread to no avail. Any further suggestions?

I just had a similar problem. I'm not sure if your problem had the same cause as mine, but mine was happening for the following reason:

There are two Multiterm termbases linked to the project and one of them contains a lot of entries where a source language term is entered but there is no matching translation entered for the target language of my project. (There are multiple languages in this Multiterm termbase and not all of them have translations for every source-language term.)

Example: the text contains the words "rotes Haus". The term "Haus" is entered in one termbase with the English translation "house". The other termbase (the one with multiple languages, without entries for every language for every term) contains the entire term "rotes Haus" but there is no English translation given there for that entry.

SDL Trados Studio recognises that "rotes Haus" is in one of the termbases but because there is no target-language translation available in that dictionary for that term, it just displays "No results available" in the Term Recognition window. IT DOES NOT SEARCH ANY FURTHER in that termbase or in any other termbases for less-perfect matches that might have a translation for the target language. So it doesn't find "house" for "Haus", and doesn't mark "Haus" in red.

This has actually been a problem with Multiterm term recognition for years - it happened in TagEditor right from the start and was never fixed. But it is a much bigger problem in Studio because the Search Settings now contain an option "Show recognised terms with no available translation" and this option is NOT selected in the default settings. So if the above problem happens, the user has no clue to tell them because not only is "Haus" not marked red in the source text, "rotes Haus" is not marked red either. In TagEditor, "rotes Haus" would be marked red and you would see "rotes Haus" in the term recognition window with no translation given for it, which helps to alert you to the problem. But that happens in Studio ONLY if you first select that option to "Show recognised terms with no available translation".

The only way to fix this, as far as I know, is to export and re-import the Multiterm database entries with a filter to exclude all terms that do not have entries for your target language. And always make sure "Show recognised terms with no available translation" is selected so that you know if it happens again.

András Szabados
András Szabados  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2009)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Worth giving a try Feb 14, 2013

I just spent about an hour trying to sort the same issue out. It turned out that there were two term recognition windows open on top of each other, even though I exited the program, reinstalled MultiTerm, repaired it in Control Panel, restarted etc. Both windows remained open, but only one was visible. The second one on top behaved just as described in the comments above.

All I had to do was close both windows and open a new one and... yes! Couldn't believe my eyes, it worked.
... See more
I just spent about an hour trying to sort the same issue out. It turned out that there were two term recognition windows open on top of each other, even though I exited the program, reinstalled MultiTerm, repaired it in Control Panel, restarted etc. Both windows remained open, but only one was visible. The second one on top behaved just as described in the comments above.

All I had to do was close both windows and open a new one and... yes! Couldn't believe my eyes, it worked.

I understand that this may not solve everyone's problem, but if it only helps a single colleague, I guess the comment was worth it.
Collapse

David Parry
David Parry  Identity Verified
Poland
The same problem Feb 16, 2013

I have just started with Trados Studio 2011 SP2 after years of using the good ol' classic 2007 and did my first live job. I got the first file done, with the usual hassles to be expected from a new program, and delivered it. The QA checker at the client agency complained that I had overlooked some tags, which I had in fact tried to edit. I've used Tageditor a lot and thought I knew enough about tags. Evidently not.

But the good part came when I got an updated source file and tried t
... See more
I have just started with Trados Studio 2011 SP2 after years of using the good ol' classic 2007 and did my first live job. I got the first file done, with the usual hassles to be expected from a new program, and delivered it. The QA checker at the client agency complained that I had overlooked some tags, which I had in fact tried to edit. I've used Tageditor a lot and thought I knew enough about tags. Evidently not.

But the good part came when I got an updated source file and tried to run it through Studio, after reloading Studio. The TM did not do its thing. I decided to start over, updated the TM, and created the project all over again. Possibly a mistake, but I had to do such things in the past with 2007, and it worked.

At the moment I have the situation described earlier in this thread; the terms are in the TM, but in most cases they do not appear in Concordance, no do they turn up in the Editor window. I have to go to the TM window and use the search function to find the text - which it always does, the TM has all the entries - and copy it into the Editor window. This is not stunningly productive!

After a similar situation with MemoQ in December, when I did 2 files "live" with a brand-new program, I can see which program I would prefer to use in future, but many customers want Studio. Anyway, what's up in my system? All settings are the defaults, I don't know enough to change them.
Collapse

Shang
Shang
China
Local time: 20:53
English to Chinese
removal of all mtf files Feb 17, 2013

I had the same problem when using Studio 2009. My slution is:

Remove the open termbase in Studio 2009.

Open the folder where the termbase file is located, choose and delete all associated files ended with -(source language).mtf and -(target language).mtf.

Return to Studio 2009, and open the termbase. It works fine!

I don't know if this apply to Studio 2011.

bewley
bewley  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:53
French to English
+ ...
possible solution Feb 26, 2013

I had the same problem of terms not being recognised for no apparent reason. I updated Java and now my termbases work again. I am one happy bunny! I hope this helps some of you

Now when I add a term as I work I get asked by Java security if I want to give multiterm access to my computer. I'm pretty sure that at least in my case it was a Java issue

[Edited at 2013-02-26 11:14 GMT]

madrid78
madrid78
French to English
+ ...
Term recognition still not working properly Studio 2011 Mar 4, 2013

To SDL: Is there any solution to this problem? Term recognition is still not working properly, it functions only with certain segments and even then the number of hits returned are far lower than they ought to be. I have tried everying in this post and nothing works. This aspect of Trados is now totally redundant in my machine.

Clarissa Hull
Clarissa Hull  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to English
+ ...
Term recognition stopped - any further developments? Mar 14, 2013

Nothing of all the things suggested here or on the SDL website work. In my case, it' very similar to Vanessa's experience. Not even uninstalling and re-installing works.

However, there is one difference: if I merge a "new" entry with a term which I know to be in Multiterm already, nothing appears. If it really is a new term, then it will show, red bracket and all!

Thank you in advance for any useful suggestions on how to solve this one.

Ciprian Bojan
Ciprian Bojan
United States
Local time: 08:53
English to Romanian
Reset the window layout Jun 20, 2013

Solution 1
View > Reset Window Layout.

Solution 2
Open SDL Trados Studio
Go to the Editor View
Click in the menu on View
In the menu list, click Termbase Search or Term Recognition

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Alternative Jun 21, 2013

Hi,

I've been using TermInjector (OpenExchange application) when combined to a Termbase and AutoSuggest and even without them - it turns Studio whether 2009 or 2011 into one of the most powerful CAT tools available because no other CAT tools has a similar plug-in.

HTH,

Bernard

Neukoln (X)
Neukoln (X)
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Enable recognition of two-letter terms?? Jul 18, 2013

Hi all,

I've come across with this same problem with Multiterm recognition and I suspect it's related to the option "Enable recognition of two-letter terms" as it only recognizes two-letter terms after having deactivated this option.

Anyone with same one?

P.

Owen Witesman
Owen Witesman
Local time: 06:53
Finnish to English
+ ...
Only two-letter terms are recognized Oct 18, 2013

So if I turn on Two-letter term recognition in 2011, those end up getting recognized in Term Recognition, but nothing else does. If I turn two-letter recognition off, nothing gets recognized even though Termbase Search does work. Very frustrating--this is a fresh install of the latest release on a fresh install of Windows 8.1.

Also, Autosuggest is working fine.

[Edited at 2013-10-18 22:30 GMT]

dshamebo
dshamebo
Local time: 05:53
English to French
+ ...
Term Recognition Windows for Trados 2014 Jan 7, 2014

In a Term Recognition Windows for Trados Studio 2014, I see only source text in both source and target areas, even if it enters new terms( source and target) in the term base.

What would be the problem?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition errors in Trados Studio 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »