Fixing a corrupt TM in Studio 2011
Thread poster: DaliaB
DaliaB
DaliaB  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:48
English to Hebrew
Nov 12, 2012

Hi,

I had a comuter crash in the middle of importing into a major TM of 165,000 units.

Now it says the TM is corrupt and I cannot access it or fix it.

I saw a while ago you could help somebody else with fixing the TM in similar case, can you help me? This is a very valuable TM and I have no other way of recovering the data

My version is Studio 2011 SP1 10.1.2880.3

Ma
... See more
Hi,

I had a comuter crash in the middle of importing into a major TM of 165,000 units.

Now it says the TM is corrupt and I cannot access it or fix it.

I saw a while ago you could help somebody else with fixing the TM in similar case, can you help me? This is a very valuable TM and I have no other way of recovering the data

My version is Studio 2011 SP1 10.1.2880.3

Many thanks for your help!
Collapse

Shawn Champion
Shawn Champion  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:48
Swedish to English
+ ...
same problem here Nov 18, 2012

My Windows 7 PC crashed while processing the "View target in Word" I think. I have Studio SP1 10.1.2878.3.

My main TM is now corrupt and I can't export it, use it, or anything.

DavidCHR (X)
DavidCHR (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
And another attempt at getting this question answered May 7, 2014

As with the askers from two years ago, my Windows 7 PC crashed while working with Studio 2011 and now my TM is corrupt. Is there any way at all to fix this? I've tried to export the non-corrupt TUs to create a new TM, but can't even do that. TIA...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... May 7, 2014

... with a link to where I can access the TM and I'll have a go. No guarantees as it depends how badly the TM is damaged.

There is a free application on the OpenExchange for repairing TMs but it requires Studio 2014.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

DavidCHR (X)
DavidCHR (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks... May 7, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... with a link to where I can access the TM and I'll have a go. No guarantees as it depends how badly the TM is damaged.

There is a free application on the OpenExchange for repairing TMs but it requires Studio 2014.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

... I'm trying to upload it to Dropbox now. It's got nearly 14 years worth of data, so it'll take a bit (started it in Trados Workbench v. 3-ish). I'll e-mail the link once it's available.

Olieslagers
Olieslagers
French Polynesia
Local time: 05:48
Dutch to French
+ ...
Similar problem May 8, 2014

I had a similar problem with a large TM a client send me. I managed to import the TMX file (in Studio 2014), but then the Studio program would crash every time I got to this very segment.
I ended up exporting the TM, then import it in Trados Suite to remove the corrupted segment. This fixed the problem.

DavidCHR (X)
DavidCHR (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks... May 8, 2014

Thanks for the fix, Paul! The TM now works as it should.

Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:48
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Tried the app to no avail Aug 15, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Hi Paul.

I'm trying to update a TM, but I get a TM corrupted error message.

I downloaded the OpenExchange app (SDLTM Repair), but I'm getting an error message in it as well, so I cannot see if it can repair the TM... It reads: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver le fichier 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\OpenExchange Apps\SDLTM Repair\log_4881b616-1669-480f-b933-4f5749d46ac5.txt'."

Can you help me at all in fixing my corrupted TM? I'm able to use the TM in my work, but cannot update it.

Thank you in advance.

Ninon

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you send me the TM? Aug 16, 2014

Hi Ninon,

If you send me the TM, or place it on dropbox or something, then I'll happily have a go. I can't guarantee I can recover it as it depends how badly damaged it is. But I'll certainly have a go.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Diana Valori
Diana Valori  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:48
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My main TM corrupted after a computer crash Nov 17, 2014

I hope you can help me, Paul. My main TM (Studio 2011) became corrupted a few days ago and I don't know what to do. I cannot access it in any way. Perhaps you can give me some pointers? I hope I get a response...

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!

Diana

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sure... Nov 17, 2014

... if you can send it to me I'll have a go. No promises however as all I can do is run it through the SDLTM Repair tool. If you have Studio 2014 as well then you can do this, but you need Studio 2014 for the app to install in the first place.

So if you can send me your TM I'll happily have a go.

Regards

Paul
... See more
... if you can send it to me I'll have a go. No promises however as all I can do is run it through the SDLTM Repair tool. If you have Studio 2014 as well then you can do this, but you need Studio 2014 for the app to install in the first place.

So if you can send me your TM I'll happily have a go.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

Evgeny Myasnikov
Evgeny Myasnikov
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:48
English to Russian
Same problem Jul 23, 2015

Hi Paul,
It seems I have to ask for your assistance as well. I am on Studio 2011. The problem is that I have not experienced any crashes, yet cannot open my 2 valuable TMs. If you could lend a hand that would be great.
Sincerely,
Evgeny.

[Edited at 2015-07-23 21:01 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Evgeny Jul 23, 2015

Please DO NOT reload the page with your post in open editing window, otherwise your post needs to be vetted each time.

Thanks

[Edited at 2015-07-23 18:50 GMT]

Laetitia ZUMSTEIN
Laetitia ZUMSTEIN  Identity Verified
France
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TM repair Oct 2, 2015

Hi,
I just saw this post and downloaded SDLTM Repair but do not manage to make it work.
I get an except telling me that the file "...Program Files(x86) OpenExhange Apps SDLTM Repair log_40257d79-c5cd-4281-9ae3-cc99003cfebc.txt

I de-installed it and re-installed it but nothing changed.
Could someone help it as it is (like for everybody here I guess) the big TM I am using since a couple of years?

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l
... See more
Hi,
I just saw this post and downloaded SDLTM Repair but do not manage to make it work.
I get an except telling me that the file "...Program Files(x86) OpenExhange Apps SDLTM Repair log_40257d79-c5cd-4281-9ae3-cc99003cfebc.txt

I de-installed it and re-installed it but nothing changed.
Could someone help it as it is (like for everybody here I guess) the big TM I am using since a couple of years?

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver le fichier 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\OpenExchange Apps\SDLTM Repair\log_40257d79-c5cd-4281-9ae3-cc99003cfebc.txt'.
Nom du fichier : 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\OpenExchange Apps\SDLTM Repair\log_40257d79-c5cd-4281-9ae3-cc99003cfebc.txt'
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
à System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
à System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
à SDLTMRepair.SDLTMRepair.btnRepair_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6421 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDLTMRepair
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SDL/OpenExchange%20Apps/SDLTM%20Repair/SDLTMRepair.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6427 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6428 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6400 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.
Collapse

Floyd Rhapsody
Floyd Rhapsody
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Corrupt TM for me as well Jun 22, 2016

Is still possible for me to try and send you my corrupt TM and see if you can fix it? I work with Studio 2011.
Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fixing a corrupt TM in Studio 2011

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »