Thread poster: Axelle Arbonnier
Claudia Schreiner
Claudia Schreiner  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 08:32
English to German
+ ...
working again May 22, 2013

After having installed all versions and reinstalled the latest version it's working.

Mihoko Satou
Mihoko Satou  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
Japanese to Portuguese
+ ...
Obrigada pelas informações Aug 1, 2013

Resolvido e funcionando!
Estava com o mesmo tipo de problema.

Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:32
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Simple solution Nov 12, 2013

Hi,

I was having the same problem with my MultiTerm (EditController error message).

I solved it just changing the Java security configuration in "Configure Java" software.

Start Menu > Java > Configure Java > Security > Medium (the minimum level).

Now MultiTerm is working with no problems (up to n
... See more
Hi,

I was having the same problem with my MultiTerm (EditController error message).

I solved it just changing the Java security configuration in "Configure Java" software.

Start Menu > Java > Configure Java > Security > Medium (the minimum level).

Now MultiTerm is working with no problems (up to now).

This simple solution is at http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4645.html

Best.
Collapse

Alex Lilo
Alex Lilo
Local time: 09:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Java - Medium security level Sep 16, 2014

in my case, unfortunately, setting security to medium in java does not solve the Unknown exception error when adding terms from within SDL Studio.
I think I have tried pretty much everything there is on the web and on kb.sdl.com. still have this problem when I add a lot of terms. several terms is ok, but when I add ten or more... sometimes even when I add two terms after I have had the error several times and reopened the project to continue. this always happens when I use a large TB and s
... See more
in my case, unfortunately, setting security to medium in java does not solve the Unknown exception error when adding terms from within SDL Studio.
I think I have tried pretty much everything there is on the web and on kb.sdl.com. still have this problem when I add a lot of terms. several terms is ok, but when I add ten or more... sometimes even when I add two terms after I have had the error several times and reopened the project to continue. this always happens when I use a large TB and sometimes with a new TB. Always with a new TB if I add a lot of terms when using the Studio. SDL Trados is great if you don't have to add terms. If you add terms, then studio crashes or you can't add terms, you have to deal with java issues, corrupted termbases that you can't recover, etc. this has been forever. how about giving up java?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2011: EditController error message

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »