Alessandro Potalivo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:39
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Same issue with case-sensitive concordance Oct 24, 2013

Shawn Champion wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Paul, seems to have worked.

Did you miss my other question? "Oh yeah, why is concordance search acting case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere."

We experienced the same issue with case sensitive concordance: looking for a capitalized word in the source segment does not retrieve any result, while if you look for the same term typing it in the concordance field and in lower case does return a lot of results, as it should indeed.

Paul, do you have any hint for us?

Thanks a lot

Claudio Rondeico
Claudio Rondeico  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
MultiTerm 2014 crashes in the process Oct 26, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Shawn Champion wrote:

Where is said view?

... written by Nora Diaz : http://goo.gl/hJ9xS7

Regards

Paul

Hi, Paul.

MultiTerm 2014 stops working whenever I try to reorganize a termbase I download from Open Exchange. Upon opening the file, I see a message on the bottom of my screen that says "Termbase in not editable. Termbase is read only."
Should I assume this will always happen when trying to reorganize read-only files?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 23:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Same issues Oct 27, 2013

Artem Vakhitov wrote:

Svetlana Gladkova wrote:

I think I have made a bad decision preordering Studio 2014 and installing it on the release date. I translate into Russian and when I type really fast (which I do most of the time), some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others. I don't think I actually hit any keys for the shortcuts because I simply enter text without using common keys like Ctrl or Alt or anything. Has anyone had a similar problem with 2014 or maybe found a workaround?

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with a workaround, however, I can tell you that I sometimes encounter this in Studio 2011. It may sure drive one mad, especially when the shortcut in question is for a time-consuming operation that cannot be canceled right away.

It happened also on 2011. When i type very very fast i have a bunch of options activating themselves without me requiring them. The most annoying is the one that confirms all segments (empty or not)....that really irritates me pretty much. You can't see how many words are left, propagation stops working since all segments are confirmed, etc. etc. I don't really know what i click and never took the time to go check. However it happens all the time. I don't consider that as a bug. Same issue occurs with other software. If you have 2000 shortcuts it's unavoidable sooner or later you'll click something wrong. Windows for example, keeps shifting my language from Italian to English and then Chinese then back to Italian when i click on something on the keyboard. INS function is automatically activated by something i never understood on MS Word. It happens everywhere. Unless these software are actually possessed by some alien entity!

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Shortcuts Oct 27, 2013

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:
When i type very very fast i have a bunch of options activating themselves without me requiring them.
If you have 2000 shortcuts it's unavoidable sooner or later you'll click something wrong.

Yes, it looks like your technique gets sloppy when you speed up and you accidentally hit or mishit keyboard shortcuts. Happens to all of us.

Windows toggles the languages when you hit Alt-Shift. You can disable it like so.
The insert/overwrite toggle is Ins, you're probably pressing it when going for Del or some keyboard shortcut.

[Edited at 2013-10-27 10:45 GMT]

Claudio Rondeico
Claudio Rondeico  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Reorganizing seems not to work in my case Oct 28, 2013

Claudio Rondeico wrote:

Hi, Paul.

MultiTerm 2014 stops working whenever I try to reorganize a termbase I download from Open Exchange. Upon opening the file, I see a message on the bottom of my screen that says "Termbase in not editable. Termbase is read only."
Should I assume this will always happen when trying to reorganize read-only files?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, after updating Java, MultiTerm won't crash when reorganizing the termbase; however, when loading it on Studio 2014 I get that same message: "Please try reorganizing the termbase from the Termbase Management view".
Now I'm not sure if it's due to MultiTerm's not actually reorganizing the termbase because it's read-only or a matter of compatibility.
Any clues?

Thank you.

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
FAQ nowhere to be found? Oct 29, 2013

I've been trying to look ofr a Studio 2014 FAQ but it's nowhere to be found.

I wanted to know what happens to my old 2011 licence if I choose to upgrade it and what happens to autosuggest (since it seems it's not included in the new version anymore).

Medway TS (X)
Medway TS (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:39
German to English
+ ...
Trados 2014 upgrade discounts? Oct 30, 2013

I keep seeing discounted rates for the full version of Trados 2014, however nothing for if you want to upgrade. Has anyone spotted any deals? I am upgrading from 2009. I am ITI, Proz, Translators Cafe etc so thought I must be able to get a discount somehow but it's proving difficult.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Not much happens... Oct 30, 2013

Luca Ruella wrote:

I wanted to know what happens to my old 2011 licence if I choose to upgrade it

You return the 2011 licence and the 2014 licence you will find in your account is valid for both 2011 and 2014. To be honest, I haven't felt any particular need to use 2011 since the upgrade.

and what happens to autosuggest (since it seems it's not included in the new version anymore).

I had a 2011 licence for AutoSuggest and found a "Create AutoSuggest Dictionary" button on the ribbon of the Translation Memories view in 2014. I imagine this is greyed out or absent if you didn't have a 2011 AutoSuggest licence.

FWIW

G.

Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:39
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Well that didn't work Nov 2, 2013

NinonD wrote:

SDL Support wrote:

NinonD wrote:

I did what you asked, and I got the standard options window.
Here is a print screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jv2u03ijrinxrt/Capture.jpg

Hi Ninon,

The image you show here is indeed the click to run installation. The standard one is the one that is not orange.

The only resolution to this is to uninstall Office and install it again, but this time don't use the click to run installer. There is a useful article here explaining this problem and also where to get the conventional installer from: http://goo.gl/cGpGPy

Regards

Paul

post edit... I can see I badly worded the previous post. Sorry about that... it was confusing about which one was standard and which was click to run.

[Edited at 2013-10-02 07:09 GMT]

No problems Paul.
Thank you for your help, and hopefully that will do the trick....

I finally came around to burn a disk to install Office 2013 the conventional way, but I still got the click to run installation. I followed the link you provided (http://goo.gl/cGpGPy), to no avail. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, judging by the comments on the link page.

So back to square one, still unable to use the Preview function on 2014.
Any other ideas?

Michal Cinciala
Michal Cinciala  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Solution - Multiterm not working correctly after Java update Nov 3, 2013

For solution, see this:
http://blog.cinciala.eu/?p=1080

[Edited at 2013-11-03 09:35 GMT]

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Bloatware Nov 3, 2013

Svetlana Gladkova wrote:

I think I have made a bad decision preordering Studio 2014 and installing it on the release date. I translate into Russian and when I type really fast (which I do most of the time), some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others. I don't think I actually hit any keys for the shortcuts because I simply enter text without using common keys like Ctrl or Alt or anything. Has anyone had a similar problem with 2014 or maybe found a workaround?

Yes, I had this and found that the only thing to do was to upgrade my computer's RAM.

It's the usual problem - every new version of any program seems to get bigger and fatter and take longer to do the things it used to do without complaining!

Wladyslaw Janowski
Wladyslaw Janowski  Identity Verified
German to Polish
+ ...
New or missing features in 2014? Nov 4, 2013

Hello everybody,
I have now a 2014 trial but not much time for testing. I could not find some things of interest in the 2014 documentation.
Are these features present in 2014?
1. Joining segments over paragraaph boundaries?
2. Ability to let the current row be displayed horizontally (as in memoQ)?
3. AutoCorrect lists (as in MS Word or also in memoQ)?

Thanks
WJ

[Edited at 2013-11-04 18:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-11-04 18:38 GMT]

StarryXu
StarryXu
English to Chinese
workaround for "Set up did not complete. The error is : Package Suite Repair Utility could ... " Nov 8, 2013

Jon Hedemann wrote:

Gunnar Roland wrote:

I just downloaded the software and shortly into the installation procedure I get the error message "Set up did not complete. The error is : Package Suite Repair Utility could not be installed. Error Number:1" Running on Windows 8, Intel i7.

Any ideas?

Gunnar

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a work-around for this?

Here is workaround:
1. install SDL Trados Studio 2011 firstly (no need to worry about license, just install it);
2. install SDL Trados Studio 2014; (there should be no error now);
3. uninstall 2011~

Enjoy the latest version

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:39
French to English
+ ...
How do I disable percentage tooltips? Nov 9, 2013

Hi SDL,
This is not a bug, but merely a very annoying feature I don't know how to disable. Smack in the middle of my screen there is a percentage column that invokes a largish tooltip with the entire history of how it was calculated and from which source. The problem is that every time I move the mouse from here to there, willy-nilly I see these tooltips, which I find quite annoying. It would also be useful to hide the percentages entirely by customizing column width. After the segment has
... See more
Hi SDL,
This is not a bug, but merely a very annoying feature I don't know how to disable. Smack in the middle of my screen there is a percentage column that invokes a largish tooltip with the entire history of how it was calculated and from which source. The problem is that every time I move the mouse from here to there, willy-nilly I see these tooltips, which I find quite annoying. It would also be useful to hide the percentages entirely by customizing column width. After the segment has been translated, it is totally irrelevant to me what the translation percentage was and in which TM the segment was retrieved. The only important feature in that column is the translation status pencil.
This is not a major issue, just a matter of convenience that should be easy to fix by offering an option to hide tooltips.
I would also like to hide the segment information column on the right, as I work side by side with a preview of the original anyway.
Thank you,
Sandra

P.S. I totally subscribe to Wladyslaw's list!

[Edited at 2013-11-09 07:32 GMT]
Collapse

Shawn Champion
Shawn Champion  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Ctrl + F Nov 9, 2013

Ctrl + F is NOT finding things that I know are there in the document. This is a MAJOR bug that happens randomly and it doesn't go away when I restart the program. Anybody else encounter this? It's a big problem when working on long documents.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »