Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 04:02
English to Chinese
Other alternative Oct 2, 2013

Hi Josef,

If what worked for me doesn't work for you, I suggest that you ask SDL to assign you a temporary username and password for you to access and download the apps you need (while they investigate this issue you are experiencing). That was my next step, as I didn't think using a different browser would make a difference, but since I was able to solve it with Maxthon, I didn't have to go to my next step:)

Josef Aron wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion Chun-yi!

I‘ve tried again with Maxthon - tested without success on 2 machines. After logging into my SDL account, I‘ve clicked on APP STORE and after finding a requested app I‘ve clicked on Download. After this, web asks to login again (strange). Afterwards, dowloading remains still banned for some reason.

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

I had the same problem when trying to download an OE app with Google Chrome. I then used Maxthon and was able to download the app. IE should also work fine.

Hope this helps!

Chun-yi

[/quote]

Ivaylo Ivanov
Ivaylo Ivanov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
The same with me: cannot download Studio 2011 apps Oct 4, 2013

Maybe Paul (SDL) should say say something about this limitation

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

Hi Josef,

If what worked for me doesn't work for you, I suggest that you ask SDL to assign you a temporary username and password for you to access and download the apps you need (while they investigate this issue you are experiencing). That was my next step, as I didn't think using a different browser would make a difference, but since I was able to solve it with Maxthon, I didn't have to go to my next step:)

Josef Aron wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion Chun-yi!

I‘ve tried again with Maxthon - tested without success on 2 machines. After logging into my SDL account, I‘ve clicked on APP STORE and after finding a requested app I‘ve clicked on Download. After this, web asks to login again (strange). Afterwards, dowloading remains still banned for some reason.

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

I had the same problem when trying to download an OE app with Google Chrome. I then used Maxthon and was able to download the app. IE should also work fine.

Hope this helps!

Chun-yi

[/quote]

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:02
English to Danish
+ ...
Package 'suite repair utility' could not be installed Oct 5, 2013

Gunnar Roland wrote:

I just downloaded the software and shortly into the installation procedure I get the error message "Set up did not complete. The error is : Package Suite Repair Utility could not be installed. Error Number:1" Running on Windows 8, Intel i7.

Any ideas?

Gunnar

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a work-around for this?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sounds like a failed download... Oct 5, 2013

... leaving you with an incomplete installer. I would suggest you try and download again.

Regards

Paul

Jon Hedemann
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Installer Oct 5, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... leaving you with an incomplete installer. I would suggest you try and download again.

Regards

Paul

I got the install file from a colleague of mine. Where can I download a new installer from?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
From your account... Oct 5, 2013

... the same place you should get your license.

If this is a corporate account then I would ask for the download file again from your colleague. Maybe it was corrupted in the transfer from him to you?

Regards

Paul

Jon Hedemann
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
suite repair utility Oct 5, 2013

The installer definitely isn't corrupt. But it has a digital signature from Sept 23rd, 2013, so maybe it's outdated, I don't know. In any case, the installer unpacks all files as it should (to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014). And the file 'SuiteUtility.exe' is indeed present the main install folder.

So why does it fail to install this package/component?

What does 'suite repair utility' do exactly?

EDIT:

Does it have anythi
... See more
The installer definitely isn't corrupt. But it has a digital signature from Sept 23rd, 2013, so maybe it's outdated, I don't know. In any case, the installer unpacks all files as it should (to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014). And the file 'SuiteUtility.exe' is indeed present the main install folder.

So why does it fail to install this package/component?

What does 'suite repair utility' do exactly?

EDIT:

Does it have anything to to with this error (from Windows Error Log):
'Product: SDL Trados Legacy Compatibility Module for Studio 2014 -- This product cannot be installed on a machine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it. Please remove SDL Trados 2007 and retry.'

Here's a snippet from the config file 'TranslationStudio.Professional.Suite':

ExecutablePackage Name="Suite repair utility"
File #SuiteDir#\SuiteUtility.exe /File
Installation
Command
"#SuiteDir#\SuiteUtility.exe" TranslationStudio2011 D1858C60-5E3D-44C3-81B2-1188907531D5 "SDL Trados 2007 Compatibility module"
/Command
SuccessCheck
Result.ExitCode == 0
/SuccessCheck
/Installation>
/ExecutablePackage

[Edited at 2013-10-05 14:02 GMT]
Collapse

Jon Hedemann
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Install work-around Oct 5, 2013

Sorry, but I got tired of all this 'mocking about', and just went to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014\modules, installed all the (possible) prerequisites and finally ran the file TranslationStudio3.msi to install SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Frankly, I think this "chainer" approach is causing a lot of unnecessary problems for end users...

bkytransl
bkytransl
Bulgaria
Local time: 14:02
French to German
+ ...
Plenty of problems with Studio 2014 - autopropagation not working at all! Oct 5, 2013

Update: Accidentally I found the location where to change the autopropagation settings, but it does not work at all even though I changed the settings!

And where is a function to normally search and replace text? Impossible to find with this Word 2007 design! And the help text does not help at all.

And is there perhaps a possibility to change the program settings so that the known Studio 2011 view can be used again?
... See more
Update: Accidentally I found the location where to change the autopropagation settings, but it does not work at all even though I changed the settings!

And where is a function to normally search and replace text? Impossible to find with this Word 2007 design! And the help text does not help at all.

And is there perhaps a possibility to change the program settings so that the known Studio 2011 view can be used again?
I installed Studio 2014 today, have to edit a large Postediting document and from speed it is quicker than 2011, but I do absolutely not like the Word 2007 or 2010 design (I hated Word 2007 because of this design and refused to take it instead of Word 2003), which is highly complicated and not logical in use. E. g. I do not find any possibility to take over a translation proposed by the TM, it is simply no longer there in the menu, the function to simply copy it into the target.

Where is a function to normally search and replace text? Impossible to find with this Word 2007 design! And the help text does not help at all. The points mentioned in there simply are not there, and it is all in English, while my program is in German.

With Studio 2011 repetitions of 100% were always translated automatically after confirming one time. Now I must confirm every single occurrence of the same match.

Is there anybody who knows if those points are included in the program and if yes, where to find them?

[Bearbeitet am 2013-10-05 17:17 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2013-10-05 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File Options & Home View Oct 5, 2013

First, use File -> Options and set your Auto-Propagation preferences under -> Editor -> Auto-propagation.

Then, under Home View -> Find and Replace is at the end of the ribbon (RH) or you can hit Ctrl+F

HTH,

Bernard

Steven Soenen (X)
Steven Soenen (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
Trados 2014 still needs a lot of improvement ... Oct 8, 2013

A lot of problems at first sight:

- Pushing the CTRL+ALT+Enter combination in order to move to the next segment activates the shortcuts to select items in the ribbon ...
- Even when another shortcut combination is configured to move to the next segment, sometimes the cursors does not appear in the intended segment and has to be put there with the mouse ...
- For longer projects, Trados 2014 seems remarkably slow. I have a very fast computer and had no problems with the 2
... See more
A lot of problems at first sight:

- Pushing the CTRL+ALT+Enter combination in order to move to the next segment activates the shortcuts to select items in the ribbon ...
- Even when another shortcut combination is configured to move to the next segment, sometimes the cursors does not appear in the intended segment and has to be put there with the mouse ...
- For longer projects, Trados 2014 seems remarkably slow. I have a very fast computer and had no problems with the 2011 version. However with the current version the cursor lags behind when typing fast. Typing too fast even opened the new project window several times and capitals were applied on letters that were not intended to be capitalized, just because the signal for the shift key is perceived too slow (or something similar) ...
- In my document, searching the TM for concordance search on several occasions results in an almost perfect match with the entry in the TM, except for a tag "cf allcaps = 'on'" and some upper case letters that are lower case letters in the TM. Result: Trados gives priority to another entry just made (a 76% match) ...

Perhaps take this into account when updating the program?

[Edited at 2013-10-08 08:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-08 10:58 GMT]
Collapse

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
About the ribbon - it's actually fine Oct 9, 2013

Well, I've upgraded to Trados 2014 this week, completely painlessly, and so far (fingers crossed), I'm very happy with it, even the much-dreaded ribbon, which seems to be fine, and certainly much less contra-intuitive than Microsoft's version!

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
So far, so good Oct 9, 2013

Migration from 2011 went pretty smoothly.

The only problem was reorganising legacy termbases when prompted to do so because MT crashed on one of my computers. It did, however, reorganise everything successfully on the other one and I simply copied the updated files onto my first computer.

I like the ribbon because you can hide it with a click to use keyboard shortcuts while translating and expand it for other jobs. The alignment tool in TM view is nice for swift documen
... See more
Migration from 2011 went pretty smoothly.

The only problem was reorganising legacy termbases when prompted to do so because MT crashed on one of my computers. It did, however, reorganise everything successfully on the other one and I simply copied the updated files onto my first computer.

I like the ribbon because you can hide it with a click to use keyboard shortcuts while translating and expand it for other jobs. The alignment tool in TM view is nice for swift document imports, although I'll still be using Terminotix's Align Factory Light for bigger alignment tasks, and the Create Autosuggest Dictionary button is proving very handy for updating my most useful AS dictionaries.

But the main benefit is that 2014 is palpably faster than 2011.

FWIW

Giles
Collapse

Shawn Champion
Shawn Champion  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
ERROR Oct 10, 2013

I'm getting an error pop-up when I add a new term to the termbase (directly from the editor with ctrl+F2); "Errors occurred whilst displaying the terms from xxxxxxxxx.sdltb ........Please try reorganizing the termbase from the Termbase Management view...."

Where is said view?

Was working fine in Studio 2011 btw.

Oh yeah, why is concordance search case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere.

[Edited at 2013-10-10 10:54 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe this article will help... Oct 10, 2013

Shawn Champion wrote:

Where is said view?

... written by Nora Diaz : http://goo.gl/hJ9xS7

Regards

Paul

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »