Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Shawn Champion
Shawn Champion  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:00
Swedish to English
+ ...
OK Oct 10, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply Paul, seems to have worked.

Did you miss my other question? "Oh yeah, why is concordance search acting case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere."

Another fun classic that persists from 2011 is: when trying to edit a TermBase entry directly in Studio 2014 is "This entry is currently being edited by another user. Try again later." Lol I'm the only user and I was not editing it. MultiTerm is not running, I closed out Studio
... See more
Thanks for the quick reply Paul, seems to have worked.

Did you miss my other question? "Oh yeah, why is concordance search acting case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere."

Another fun classic that persists from 2011 is: when trying to edit a TermBase entry directly in Studio 2014 is "This entry is currently being edited by another user. Try again later." Lol I'm the only user and I was not editing it. MultiTerm is not running, I closed out Studio, re-opened, and it still does the same thing.

[Edited at 2013-10-11 06:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-14 09:15 GMT]
Collapse

Algis Masys
Algis Masys
Canada
Local time: 04:00
Member (2009)
English to Lithuanian
How many times did you ask? Oct 11, 2013

There's one more funny bug. If I try to create a folder inside a project, it's only created when I do that the second time. The first request is simply being ignored.

That reminds a situation with a husband, who responds "of course, darling" to his wife, but never does anything on the first request

Imho, those who will wait for the SP1 of Studio 2014, won't make a bad decision.

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Turn off case sensitivity in Options Oct 12, 2013

Shawn Champion wrote:

"Oh yeah, why is concordance search acting case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere."

Yes - in File > Options > AutoSuggest, just above Sort Order.

Shawn Champion
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Hmm... Oct 14, 2013

JaneD wrote:

Shawn Champion wrote:

"Oh yeah, why is concordance search acting case sensitive? Please tell me that can be turned off somewhere."

Yes - in File > Options > AutoSuggest, just above Sort Order.

Thanks, JaneD. That my help some people, but I've already done that. My problem is with concordance search, though, not with auto suggest.

Svetlana Gladkova
Svetlana Gladkova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:00
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Strange behavior when typing fast Oct 15, 2013

I think I have made a bad decision preordering Studio 2014 and installing it on the release date. I translate into Russian and when I type really fast (which I do most of the time), some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others. I don't think I actually hit any keys for the shortcuts because I simply enter text without using common keys like Ctrl or Alt or ... See more
I think I have made a bad decision preordering Studio 2014 and installing it on the release date. I translate into Russian and when I type really fast (which I do most of the time), some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others. I don't think I actually hit any keys for the shortcuts because I simply enter text without using common keys like Ctrl or Alt or anything. Has anyone had a similar problem with 2014 or maybe found a workaround?Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Reassign the shortcut Oct 15, 2013

Svetlana Gladkova wrote:

some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others.

When a dialog box is triggered (e.g. create a project), try re-assigning the short cut for that action, by going to File tab>options>keyboard shortcuts.

I haven't had this issue in 2014, but it used to happen in 2011 whenever I installed an update. In my case it was related to using cap locks, so a shortcut clash didn't spring to mind. The shortcut reassignment did help though.

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended Oct 17, 2013

You should install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended. This solved a lot of issues with Studio 2014 for me. (link provided by SDL Trados Studio 2014 installation.)

Link to download:
http://dotnetsocial.cloudapp.net/GetDotnet?o1=.NETFramework,Version=v4.0

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
I stumble into this with Studio 2011 Oct 17, 2013

Svetlana Gladkova wrote:

I think I have made a bad decision preordering Studio 2014 and installing it on the release date. I translate into Russian and when I type really fast (which I do most of the time), some random shortcuts seem to be initialized (even though I have not found anything remotely close in shortcut list) for creating/opening a project, searching in files and various others. I don't think I actually hit any keys for the shortcuts because I simply enter text without using common keys like Ctrl or Alt or anything. Has anyone had a similar problem with 2014 or maybe found a workaround?

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with a workaround, however, I can tell you that I sometimes encounter this in Studio 2011. It may sure drive one mad, especially when the shortcut in question is for a time-consuming operation that cannot be canceled right away.

Shawn Champion
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
and today's new bug is... Oct 18, 2013

Jon Hedemann wrote:

You should install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended. This solved a lot of issues with Studio 2014 for me. (link provided by SDL Trados Studio 2014 installation.)

Link to download:

Shouldn't that be installed/updated in the Studio installation process. Anyone from SDL reading this; confirm this?

New issue today: MultiTerm stopped working in Studio, installed Java update as prompted, now the TermBase viewer window in Studio is just dead. Termbase search still works but I can't add or view entries. Yes, I already reorganized my TB.

Come on SDL, get these bugs out please!

[Edited at 2013-10-18 10:31 GMT]

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
.NET 4 Extended Oct 18, 2013

Shawn Champion wrote:

Jon Hedemann wrote:

Link to download:

Shouldn't that be installed/updated in the Studio installation process. Anyone from SDL reading this; confirm this?

New issue today: MultiTerm stopped working in Studio, installed Java update as prompted, now the TermBase viewer window in Studio is just dead. Termbase search still works but I can't add or view entries. Yes, I already reorganized my TB.

Come on SDL, get these bugs out please!

[Edited at 2013-10-18 10:31 GMT]

I only noticed this, because I incidently decided to uninstall .NET 4 AFTER I'd installed Studio 2014, and once I tried to open Studio 2014 again, it prompted me to install .NET 4 and provided the link in question.
The difference here - which is quite interesting - is between the .NET 4 Extended and .NET 4 Framework installations/setup files (the latter included in the Studio 2014 installation package under prerequisites).

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
@Shawn Add/Edit terms Oct 18, 2013

Hi Shawn

Please check the proz post here: See more
Hi Shawn

Please check the proz post here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257963-sdl_multiterm_studio_2014_add_edit_terms_not_working_after_java_7_update_45_installation.html

Also just go to http://kb.sdl.com we added the information and also the kb article here:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4956&source=article&c=12&cid=23

This problem is not caused by MulltiTerm rather the new Java 7 Update 45 version.

Plus this does not affect only MultiTerm and Studio rather a lot of companies and their software around the globe.

Regards
Richard
Collapse

Kristyna Zavadilova
Kristyna Zavadilova
English to Czech
+ ...
Cannot add terms into my created TB (Studio 2014) Oct 21, 2013

Hello everyone,

I seem not to be able to Add New Terms into my TB. When I create a TB, I make it active, the same way as the tutorial video says and click the 'Add New' button it simply opens a New Tab that is blank and I can't edit it anyhow.

However when I want to close this Tab it warns me "An entry is being edited. If you continue you will lose any changes you have made. Do you want to continue?" (So it acts as if a New Terms was being added).

When I o
... See more
Hello everyone,

I seem not to be able to Add New Terms into my TB. When I create a TB, I make it active, the same way as the tutorial video says and click the 'Add New' button it simply opens a New Tab that is blank and I can't edit it anyhow.

However when I want to close this Tab it warns me "An entry is being edited. If you continue you will lose any changes you have made. Do you want to continue?" (So it acts as if a New Terms was being added).

When I open the same TB while working on a Project, the button "Add New Term" is grey (not active).

When I look up my problem in the Online Product Help (Creating an Entry) I get stuck on the "Note" part: "The first time you create a term, you are prompted to trust SDL Multiterm. Check the Always trust content from this publisher box and click Run to close the security warning and continue creating the term." As this Note never popped up on my computer.

Thank you so much for your help.
Collapse

Tudor Soiman
Tudor Soiman  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
uninstall update java, update 45 Oct 23, 2013

Worked for me.

When opening a package, you can't edit the path (it was possible in Studio 2011)

I always thought Change Case is a formatting action. No longer so for SDL, it's in Advance Formatting (together with actions regarding tags) It has 2 Formatting panes, in Home and in Advanced.

Paul Patruno
Paul Patruno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:00
Member (2011)
English to French
Keyboard stuck in the editor Oct 23, 2013

Often times, working in the editor, the keyboard arrows stopped working and the only way to keep moving the cursor is to move to the stuck cursor with the mouse and click
How is that possible?
What do I need to do with the keyboard?

Paul Patruno
Paul Patruno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:00
Member (2011)
English to French
Java 7 update 45 does not work Oct 23, 2013

I have stopped Java to update, even though Java remove my change in Java update configuration automatically from time to time?!?

Can we expect a global communication through email by SDL or just keep looking at all posts, which is rather annoying, to learn that the problem is fixed?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »