Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:32
English to French
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

Hi,

Check this link: http://www.translationzone.com/campaigns/freelance-translator/sdl-trados-studio-2014/?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRoivKXJZKXonjHpfsX56egrXaKzlMI/0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4GT8djI+SLDwEYGJlv6SgFTLjMMaxsz7gIWRQ=

Cheers,... See more
Hi,

Check this link: http://www.translationzone.com/campaigns/freelance-translator/sdl-trados-studio-2014/?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRoivKXJZKXonjHpfsX56egrXaKzlMI/0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4GT8djI+SLDwEYGJlv6SgFTLjMMaxsz7gIWRQ=

Cheers,

Bernard
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Again no AutoSuggest included... Jul 18, 2013

Thanks, but again no AutoSuggest included (if it is ever as effective as AutoWrite in Déjà Vu) and term handling surely will be with "MultiTerm" again...so will we again have "The Emperor´s New Clothes"?

Cheers,

Matthias

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
Again with Multiterm? Jul 18, 2013

No thanks! Drop MultiTerm and add a new TB program, preferably not using Java. Then I may consider to buy a license at EUR 80.

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
New (Microsoft Office) interface Jul 18, 2013

I'm eager to see what the new interface is like.

"Although transformed, the new user interface is easy to learn and might seem familiar to users using Microsoft Office applications. I am quite eager to share screenshots, but I will save
... See more

"Although transformed, the new user interface is easy to learn and might seem familiar to users using Microsoft Office applications. I am quite eager to share screenshots, but I will save this pleasure for later."

http://www.translationzone.com/community/blog/details/36529/sdl-trados-studio-2014-the-countdown-is-on.html

Also interested to see how much the upgrade from 2011 will cost.

Just found out: Pre-order your Studio 2014 Freelance upgrade now only €125 vs. €175 when Studio 2014 Freelance launches. http://www.translationzone.com/shop/freelance-translator/index-tab2.html

[Edited at 2013-07-18 22:39 GMT]
Collapse

Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:32
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Will there finally be a MAC OS version? Jul 18, 2013

Here's hoping that SDL Trados will include a Mac OS version of Studio 2014. If not, I'll happily stay with my Mac-friendly CAT tool. It can work with Trados files when I need to and has all of the functions that I would want in a CAT tool at a fraction of the price. I would like to add Trados to my "toolbox" if and when they produce a version for mac users.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
your tool? Jul 18, 2013

Daniel Salinero wrote:

Here's hoping that SDL Trados will include a Mac OS version of Studio 2014. If not, I'll happily stay with my Mac-friendly CAT tool.

Is it CafeTran? Mac users love it but it works on Windows and Linux as well.

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
New (Microsoft Office) interface Jul 18, 2013

"Although transformed, the new user interface is easy to learn and might seem familiar to users using Microsoft Office applications. I am quite eager to share screenshots, but I will save
... See more

"Although transformed, the new user interface is easy to learn and might seem familiar to users using Microsoft Office applications. I am quite eager to share screenshots, but I will save this pleasure for later."

http://www.translationzone.com/community/blog/details/36529/sdl-trados-studio-2014-the-countdown-is-on.html

Also interested to see how much the upgrade from 2011 will cost.
Collapse

Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:32
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Swordfish III Jul 18, 2013

Hi, Selcuk Akyuz,

Yes, CaféTran is popular with many Mac users. I use Swordfish III by MaxPrograms.

Take care,
Daniel Salinero

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:32
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why the ribbon? :( Jul 19, 2013

Traditional menus are so much faster. I also agree with the other peson who suggested getting rid of Java. Other than that, Trados still rules.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
ribbon Jul 19, 2013

I still use Office 2003 and Windows XP, guess why!

And yes, Trados (2007) still rules.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm a Thomas... Jul 19, 2013

...and therefore, I will believe that they have improved the clarity and usability when I see it and can confirm it in person. After almost two decades of poor usability and pickiness/touchiness in the different versions, my expectations are really low when it comes to Trados/SDL Studio. Let's hope they did make our life easier this time.

Mike Sadler (X)
Mike Sadler (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oh no! Not the (expletive deleted) ribbon Jul 19, 2013

If this so-called improvement means adopting the (different expletive deleted) ribbon and getting rid of menus then, like Office 2007 and 2010, I'm expecting to be forced into it for compatibility - but don't expect me to like it, Trados dear.

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
As regards the ribbon - please see Jul 19, 2013

Please see Say no to the ribbon: an open letter to SDL's Paul Filkin

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The GUI is GLUI Jul 19, 2013

Riccardo Schiaffino wrote:
"Say no to the ribbon: an open letter to SDL's Paul Filkin"

A big reason why the ribbon was such a disaster in MS Office program is because MS Office's GUI stayed pretty much the same for many, many years and through many versions. Trados does not have that issue. If they want to make the GUI better, they can opt for different menus or they can choose to use a ribbon. Either option would be equally "new".

The biggest problem with Trados 2009 and Trados 2011's GUI is the gluiness. I used to use Trados in a virtual machine and always blamed the sluggishness on the fact that I'm using a guest operating system, until I installed it on my main computer and found that it is not much faster.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
32 or 64-bit Application Jul 19, 2013

Hi,

I'd be more interested in knowing whether Studio 2014 is a true 64-bit application instead of a 32-bit application, makes a hell of a difference, ribbon or not!

Cheers,

Bernard

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »