Thread poster: Ülle Allsalu
Ülle Allsalu
Ülle Allsalu
Local time: 23:38
English to Estonian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2013

Hi,
My issue is related to SDL Multiterm 2011.
I've just created a new termbase with a new termbase definition which I based on the default multilingual termbase definition. Then I wanted to add manually some sample entries. I created an input model which includes all the fields of the database definition. I didn't set any of the fields as mandatory.

When I press F3 or go to Edit --> Add new entry, I get the following error message:

"Application Blocked by S
... See more
Hi,
My issue is related to SDL Multiterm 2011.
I've just created a new termbase with a new termbase definition which I based on the default multilingual termbase definition. Then I wanted to add manually some sample entries. I created an input model which includes all the fields of the database definition. I didn't set any of the fields as mandatory.

When I press F3 or go to Edit --> Add new entry, I get the following error message:

"Application Blocked by Security Settings
Name: Edit Controller

Can anyone please suggest a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Ülle
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:38
English to French
+ ...
Java Issue Jul 24, 2013

Hi Ülle,

This is a Java Issue often discussed -> Control Panel -> Java -> Security, set to Medium.

HTH,

Bernard

Ülle Allsalu
Ülle Allsalu
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 25, 2013

Hi Bernard,

I am very grateful to you for your tip. It does work now

All the best,

Ülle

Anna Michlik
Anna Michlik  Identity Verified
Poland
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
Same problem but solution does not work Aug 7, 2013

Hello,

It seems that I am experiencing the same problem, I get the same error message.

When I go to Control Panel -> Java -> Security all I can do is see some security certificates, but I can't find any options to set the security level. Am I doing it wrong?

I have MultiTerm 2009 and Java version 7 update 3.

Anna Michlik
Anna Michlik  Identity Verified
Poland
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
Issue solved Aug 8, 2013

I've finally solved it!

Not only I had to update Java (update 25), but also remove older versions of Java.

After that, the security settings (slider) finally appeared, I changed security level to medium and I can add entries to my termbase.

Hope Farmer
Hope Farmer
Spain
German to English
+ ...
Java V25 but application still block when adding terms / no "slider" for Java security Aug 16, 2013

Hello,

I deinstalled earlier versions of Java and only have V25 installed now, but I am still getting the same application blocked message and I am not seeing a "slider" for security in the control panel under Java.

Does anyone have any further advice or suggestions for what I could try now?

I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine with Trados Studio 2011.

Thanks!
Hope

ShiSuo
ShiSuo
China
Local time: 04:38
English to Chinese
+ ...
Java 6/7 swapping Aug 20, 2013

Hope Farmer wrote:

Hello,

I deinstalled earlier versions of Java and only have V25 installed now, but I am still getting the same application blocked message and I am not seeing a "slider" for security in the control panel under Java.

Does anyone have any further advice or suggestions for what I could try now?

I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine with Trados Studio 2011.

Thanks!
Hope

Hi,

I had EXACTLY the same problem, but got it magically resolved by RE-INSTALLING the Java 6 (yes 6, and nothing MORE).

If you are by any chance interested in the THINKING behind this solution: the multiterm issue did NOT happen until I had installed the Java 7, after a fresh re-install of Win7 64bit.

It might also worth adding here that, when I had the same trouble with a Win7 32bit, it got resolved by updating Java6 to Java7.

Not sure how this Java6/7 swapping game actually works, but it just did.

Hope these would help!

[Edited at 2013-08-20 05:33 GMT]

Greg Irving (X)
Greg Irving (X)  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Dutch to English
+ ...
JAVA 8 blocking mutlitterm and no slider to adjust security level Nov 25, 2014

After java was updated to version 8 update 25 it blocked adding new terms. I went to java via control panel and clicked the security tab, expecting to lower the slider. But there was no slider.

After a lot of searches and reading reams of unhelpful articles, I found this one:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=5589#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5589<
... See more
After java was updated to version 8 update 25 it blocked adding new terms. I went to java via control panel and clicked the security tab, expecting to lower the slider. But there was no slider.

After a lot of searches and reading reams of unhelpful articles, I found this one:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=5589#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5589

In the right pane, I downloaded "Re-sign_for_MultiTerm_2011.zip" to my C: drive root folder and ran it.

Hey presto! Everything working fine now.

I hope this helps someone else, Greg

[Edited at 2014-11-25 15:52 GMT]
Collapse

Oleksandra Moisiuk
Oleksandra Moisiuk
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
thanks Feb 13, 2015

Greg Irving wrote:

In the right pane, I downloaded "Re-sign_for_MultiTerm_2011.zip" to my C: drive root folder and ran it.

[Edited at 2014-11-25 15:52 GMT]

Thanks so much, this really works!

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
No longer works... Mar 17, 2015

Greg Irving wrote:

This solution no longer works, sadly...
Had Java 8.25, and never updated precisely because I was aware of the issue. But when I started MultiTerm now, the Java update window loads in the central pane -- it is no longer possible to add a new term. First tried updating, in the hope that things had been fixed. No, they haven't.
Then search for a while until I found an even older version - 7.76. Launched it and lowered security to Medium, then started MultiTerm --- still this same annoying Java update window loads.
Then found and tried this "re-sign" fix... nothing...
So am I no longer able to use MultiTerm! Way to go, SDL! Money thrown in the wind!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It would help... Mar 18, 2015

... if you provided some details so we can offer some help. What version of MultiTerm and Studio are you using for example. Presumably you are referring to money spent some years ago as the current version does not have any reliance on Java.

The article was for Studio 2011 so if this is the version you are trying to apply this fix for and you have this problem then you should log a support case and an engineer will help you resolv
... See more
... if you provided some details so we can offer some help. What version of MultiTerm and Studio are you using for example. Presumably you are referring to money spent some years ago as the current version does not have any reliance on Java.

The article was for Studio 2011 so if this is the version you are trying to apply this fix for and you have this problem then you should log a support case and an engineer will help you resolve this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

JAVA related issues with SDL MultiTerm
- I have SDL MultiTerm 2011/2014
-- I can no longer add or edit terms, or I get an error message when adding or editing terms
--- I have read the article and followed the instructions but I still have a problem

Pick the correct route as above and you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form; and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Latest version of Studio 2011 Mar 18, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

The article was for Studio 2011 so if this is the version you are trying to apply this fix for and you have this problem then you should log a support case and an engineer will help you resolve this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

JAVA related issues with SDL MultiTerm
- I have SDL MultiTerm 2011/2014
-- I can no longer add or edit terms, or I get an error message when adding or editing terms
--- I have read the article and followed the instructions but I still have a problem

Pick the correct route as above and you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form; and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Thanks for replying. I am talking about Studio 2011 - MultiTerm 2011 Desktop SP2 9.2.361.0 (latest). This is on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
As I said above, I had Java 8.25 (x64), the Set-Security-to-Medium trick seemed to work for a while. Now, when I launch MultiTerm and select "Add new", the Java update page loads inside the central pane. Tried several different Java versions, tried the automatic and manual sign procedure, tried manually killing the Java update process - nothing helps. This renders MultiTerm completely unusable. For the time being, buying the upgrade is not an investment I can make - some countries are much less economically advantaged than others. I will try the support procedure though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot add entries to MultiTerm

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »