Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:07
Member (2004)
English to Italian
yes... Oct 8, 2013

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

If you go to OPTIONS/EDITOR/AUTO PROPAGATION and change the setting "When auto propagating a segment the user will be prompted" from "ALWAYS" to "Conditionally when..." "Matching segment has been translated differently" that behaviour appears to stop.

you are right... it fixes it...

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
actually... Oct 8, 2013

it doesn't fix it... it's happening again!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:07
English to French
+ ...
Automate It Oct 8, 2013

... with a few simple replacement rules like this one using TermInjector:

([0-9]+)([a-z]+)-> \1 \2 -> equals tab and there a nbs between 1 and\

You can also do it the other way round:

([0-9]+) ([a-z]+)-> \1\2

This will replace the number and UoM and insert a nbs between the last digit and UoM (mm, kg, km, etc.)
You can add more complex ones to replace decimal separator (. to ,) and even change the order for currencies, etc.
... See more

([0-9]+) ([a-z]+)-> \1\2

This will replace the number and UoM and insert a nbs between the last digit and UoM (mm, kg, km, etc.)
You can add more complex ones to replace decimal separator (. to ,) and even change the order for currencies, etc.
You'll get a 100% and don't even have to check numbers if your regex is correct.

Cheers,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-10-08 17:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-08 18:45 GMT]
Collapse

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
InvalidArgument = Value of "-1" is not valid for "index" Oct 9, 2013

I get this error when pressing the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+F (Find) and/or CTRL+H (Replace) (using Danish keyboard configuration).

I've noticed that this errors also happens for some users of SDL Trados 2011.

Can anyone reproduce this, and have any ideas as to how to resolve it?

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:07
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

External review bug Oct 9, 2013

On my computer whenever I export a document for external review and then try to import it back, I get an error message (sth along the lines that there was a problem importing the first segment) and the process stops there.

External review import simply does not work.

Thierry Raymond
Thierry Raymond  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to French
"Add new term" bug Oct 9, 2013

The last days I've tried many times to add new terms to my termbase (using the shortcut), but nothing happens...

Right-click on "Add new term" in the shortcut menu doesn't work too (the entry is grey)...

I've checked the SDL KB, but it doesn't help:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2677

Anybody with the same problem or the
... See more
The last days I've tried many times to add new terms to my termbase (using the shortcut), but nothing happens...

Right-click on "Add new term" in the shortcut menu doesn't work too (the entry is grey)...

I've checked the SDL KB, but it doesn't help:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2677

Anybody with the same problem or the solution?

Thanks
Collapse

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
thanks... Oct 9, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

([0-9]+) ([a-z]+)-> \1\2

You'll get a 100% and don't even have to check numbers if your regex is correct.

Cheers,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-10-08 17:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-08 18:45 GMT]

I'll try it!

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 22:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Consistent issue et. al. Oct 10, 2013

1) I am now translating a fairly big document and i find myself to apply a series of serial changes and, whenever i have to use the filter and apply those changes, Studio crashes with the usual "Instance of object" error (for short). The CAT stays open but the error popup prevents it from working. So i either force-close or click on OK in the error window then quickly click on CTRL+S to save, OR, i just click on OK and then quickly click on the X icon to close and restart Studio.

Th
... See more
1) I am now translating a fairly big document and i find myself to apply a series of serial changes and, whenever i have to use the filter and apply those changes, Studio crashes with the usual "Instance of object" error (for short). The CAT stays open but the error popup prevents it from working. So i either force-close or click on OK in the error window then quickly click on CTRL+S to save, OR, i just click on OK and then quickly click on the X icon to close and restart Studio.

This behaviour is consistent as it already occurred with two other jobs.

2) I still find the way auto-propagation works a bit strange. I am not able to really describe it but it's not working as expected. Sometimes propagation doesn't start from first occurrence despite me setting it in that way, sometimes changes something and then rechanges in a wrong way etc. I am playing with options but i still get strange behaviours.

3) I get numbers in source/target scored as WRONG CAPITALIZATION errors in QA mode

4) I still have Java issues (Today Studio forced me to reinstall Java 25 even if Java was working good with all the other apps). Basically, it DID NOT DETECT JAVA. Last night when i switched the PC off everything was good.

The consistent crash causes huge delays. The rest for now i can live with.

[Edited at 2013-10-10 03:24 GMT]
Collapse

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
QA check issue while amending issues reported in MESSAGES Oct 13, 2013

I am amending a 10k words document after translating.
There is a list of about 300 messages reporting issues of various nature and i scroll through the list and when i find a real problem (most are fake positives) i position the cursor in the editor segment i want to edit and perform the change:

Action sequence:
A) cursor on message to check the issue
B) position cursor between tag and text in the actual segment of the editor (not from the message window as that i
... See more
I am amending a 10k words document after translating.
There is a list of about 300 messages reporting issues of various nature and i scroll through the list and when i find a real problem (most are fake positives) i position the cursor in the editor segment i want to edit and perform the change:

Action sequence:
A) cursor on message to check the issue
B) position cursor between tag and text in the actual segment of the editor (not from the message window as that is too slow) to remove a blank space
C) As i click on BACKSPACE to remove the extra space cursor flies in some random, far away source segment (in my case from segment 70something of target to segment 579 of source). This is consistent, regardless of the segment being edited...it ends up in 579. The change has been applied though. The cursor just runs elsewhere.

This has been happening consistency. If you then go modify that same segment without first checking on messages the cursor stays in its place and there is no issue at all.

Anyone able to reproduce this? It's similar to when you use the FILTER function, apply some change and then you're not taken back to the original segment and need to scroll the whole document to find the segment again.
Collapse

SofieM
SofieM  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Danish
+ ...
QA check issue Oct 13, 2013

Hi Enrico

The same thing is happening to me when I do a QA check.

If I for instance have highlighted a term previously (let's say to do a concordance search for that word), then, after doing the QA check, when I go to a segment to remove an extra space in a segment for instance, I remove it, but instantly I'm sent to the segment, where the word I previously had highlighted is. This is happening even if I have removed the highlighting of that word.

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
New error message with MT Oct 14, 2013

Hi All,

I just bumped into a new error in MT.

While adding a new term from Editor, click F12 and "Could not update; currently locked" comes up.

Any suggestions or other cases with the same?

First time i see it

UPDATE: The problem stays even if i close Studio and restart it with the same TM. Basically, can't add terms anymore.

[Edited at 2013-10-14 10:57 GMT]

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes and it's consistent Oct 14, 2013

AnneSofie wrote:

Hi Enrico

The same thing is happening to me when I do a QA check.

If I for instance have highlighted a term previously (let's say to do a concordance search for that word), then, after doing the QA check, when I go to a segment to remove an extra space in a segment for instance, I remove it, but instantly I'm sent to the segment, where the word I previously had highlighted is. This is happening even if I have removed the highlighting of that word.

I imagine others have it, too. It is very consistent in general but sometimes it doesn't show. I find it really interesting. I wonder if any Beta Tester ever saw all of these or if the program ran smoothly during the Beta and now, faced to a variety of different systems is showing all bugs.

Edward Willis
Edward Willis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:07
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
MS DE<>EN termbase Oct 14, 2013

I've had to remove MS German/English termbase from my project, because Studio 2014 will not operate with that in place. I'm new to SDL Trados and can't see much benefit as a freelancer. It's not proposing any translations to me.

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm uses Java, which made Multiterm 2011 useless for me Oct 14, 2013

Multiterm uses Java, which made Multiterm 2011 useless for me. I will have to try using Multiterm 2014. Maybe they made some improvements.

I have an EN-RO Medical dictionary with tens of thousands of entries, but when I would ask Multiterm 2011 to search for duplicates and merge them it would crash. I had loads of duplicates on the source side as each meaning of a source word was on a separate line.

I also remember not being able to carry out some operations, like delet
... See more
Multiterm uses Java, which made Multiterm 2011 useless for me. I will have to try using Multiterm 2014. Maybe they made some improvements.

I have an EN-RO Medical dictionary with tens of thousands of entries, but when I would ask Multiterm 2011 to search for duplicates and merge them it would crash. I had loads of duplicates on the source side as each meaning of a source word was on a separate line.

I also remember not being able to carry out some operations, like deleting an entry, directly from Studio.
Collapse

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio deems its own metadata as document segments Oct 14, 2013

I have finished work on a project by confirming all segments, but Studio 2014 said that only 98.03% is complete. So I went to Review->Display Filter->All->Unconfirmed and guess which were the unconfirmed segments:

When I imported this package into Studio 2011 it was seen as 100% complete. However Studio 2014 sees it as only 98% complete.

I then chose that "All segments" be shown, but nothing happened. I chose other display filters to no avail. I even resorted to "Reset Filters" and "Refresh Filters", but the only outcome was that one of the "segments" pictured above disappeared and I was shown only one of the above pseudo-segments.

Can we sue SDL and demand compensation for all this trouble?

I have to be honest that I did not expect much of Studio 2014, but I only upgraded because of the discounted offer for upgrading before the release date.

[Edited at 2013-10-15 07:17 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2014 New bugs & shortcomings

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »