Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
What do you like about Studio 2014 so far?
Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Re-posted as http://www.proz.com/topic/274154
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:06
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Autosuggest & LC Sep 27, 2014

Not a new feature I know, but it's nice. I like the ideas behind language cloud too - it'll be interesting to see how that develops over time.

One idea occurred to me regarding these two applications actually. I would like to see autosuggest evolve into a predictive text type app, which actually learns from you as you type in real time. Therefore as you are working on a document that seems to have repeated phrases in different sentences within the document itself - it recognises tha
... See more
Not a new feature I know, but it's nice. I like the ideas behind language cloud too - it'll be interesting to see how that develops over time.

One idea occurred to me regarding these two applications actually. I would like to see autosuggest evolve into a predictive text type app, which actually learns from you as you type in real time. Therefore as you are working on a document that seems to have repeated phrases in different sentences within the document itself - it recognises that you've typed that phrase once (or more times) before and suggests it to you. I think that this could be linked to your language cloud so any real-time updates to your autosuggest or predictive typing app are stored there securely or something, which has the added advantage of making it available across machines - i.e. laptop and computer.

Taking this one step further, I would also like to see more use of multiterm extract in a similar vein. So when confirming a segment, the segment is analysed by a powerful cloud-based application that updates autosuggest and creates glossaries on the fly, making them available to the user more or less in real time. An alternative would be that the multiterm extract glossary feature happen at the end of the project when finalising, thus updating your Termbase or autosuggest dictionary based on the work just completed. The key thing is that the user doesn't have to spend lots of time doing it themselves.

Having this functionality driven by a cloud based app would also make sure that the local SDL Trados Studio client is not driving your computer too hard with all this real time stuff. Obviously this will involve considerable resources on the part of SDL, but I am sure us translators would be happy to upgrade to subsequent version of Studio if they had powerful features like that.

Perhaps I'm asking a bit too much...

[Edited at 2014-09-27 13:42 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: This thread concerns different things. Please open a new thread. Thank you
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Please re-post as a new topic. Thank you
europeanPRO
europeanPRO
Latvia
Local time: 18:06
Russian to German
+ ...
Performance Nov 19, 2014

It works faster by me than previous versions.

Radu Nicolaescu
Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:06
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
Flexibility Jul 6, 2015

Flexibility and portability of the projects

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you like about Studio 2014 so far?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »