Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
SDL MultiTerm/Studio 2014 add/edit terms not working after Java 7 Update 45 installation
Thread poster: RWS Community
Karolina Kogut
Karolina Kogut
Poland
Local time: 10:25
Polish to English
+ ...
Maybe this would help... Dec 2, 2013

Everything worked fine for me (finally!) and today, out of nowhere, the same problem appears - blank window when I try to add a new term to Multiterm 2014. I'm not sure what caused it, but I think I've found a solution. Enter Control Panel, then Java, advanced tab and turn on "Enable the next-generation Java plug-in" option (I vaguely remember turning it off before). It will activate the slider in security tab. Mine is set as "high - minimum recommend". Everything seems to work now.

Yves Lanthier
Yves Lanthier
Canada
Local time: 05:25
English to French
Java problem with Studio 2014, a solution today Nov. 2, 2013 signed Walter... Dec 2, 2013

... in [email protected]:

""
After having installed Studio 2014, also install the latest cumulative
update (CU2, through the integrated automatic update feature).

This update solves the problems with the latest version of Java (7 update
45).

Walter
""

Yves Lanthier
(still with Studio 2011, though, and with the problem ...
See more
... in [email protected]:

""
After having installed Studio 2014, also install the latest cumulative
update (CU2, through the integrated automatic update feature).

This update solves the problems with the latest version of Java (7 update
45).

Walter
""

Yves Lanthier
(still with Studio 2011, though, and with the problem )

[Modifié le 2013-12-02 18:30 GMT]
Collapse

EXPEDITO NETO
EXPEDITO NETO
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:25
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SAME PROBLEM Dec 30, 2013

Hello, I have tried to do exactly what you recommended to solve this problem, but it still has the same problem... I uninstalled the Java 7 Update 45 and installed Java 7 Update 40: It didn`t work. Then I tried to install Java 7 Update 25: It didn`t run...

What can I do?

SDL Support wrote:

Hi all

Thank you for the post here: http://www.proz.com/post/2212897#2212897

Based on that I started this morning to investigate.

As you already (maybe) found out there is at the moment no other workaround then uninstalling the Java 7 Update 45 version and install either the Java 7 Up. 40 or Up. 25 version again. At least I tried to another workaround but no constellation with the options in Java were successful.

A report already was passed to our development and support engineers are all aware of this. Also a KB article was created that should be accessible by now here:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4956&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Sadly, MultiTerm is again suffering from implemented changes in the Java 7 Update 45 from Oracle that includes new security options like the Restore Security Prompts and other fixes that shouldn´t appear after shipping a signed certificate with the 2014 version and the CU for 2011.

However, this new release seems to also contain some known issues/bugs that affect our signed applet/certificate which were implemented with the SDL MultiTerm 2014 release and introduced via a Cumulative Update for SDL MultiTerm 2011.

Exactly there it seems Oracle/Java did some changes (at least it looks like) and also added a new feature. Besides that, I looked up the release notes and found a known issue that (I think) refers to the problem why our certificate is blocked:

Area: Deployment/Plugin
Synopsis: JNLP applet fails to load if using JNLP versioning.

Due to this bug, if you are using the jnlp.versionEnabled property for JAR versioning in your browser applet, your applet might not start. Also users might see a yellow warning about a missing Permissions attribute in the following two scenarios:

The jnlp.versionEnabled property is set to false inside the JNLP file and the version is defined against the main jar.
You use JNLPDownloadServlet for version download support.
The workaround is to either not use versioning via jnlp.versionEnabled, or to use the JNLPDownloadServlet servlet for version support instead.

This information was also passed to our development who is already checking the exact source of the problem.

In the meantime we can just refer to the solution by uninstalling the Java 7 Update 45 version and install again either Java 7 Update 25 or the Java 7 Update 40.

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with our support? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P

[Edited at 2013-12-30 18:35 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
First of all make sure you have the ... Dec 31, 2013

... latest cumulative update installed for Studio 2014 as this should resolve the Java 45 issue. But if this doesn't help please log a case through the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no
... See more
... latest cumulative update installed for Studio 2014 as this should resolve the Java 45 issue. But if this doesn't help please log a case through the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Yuki Okada
Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:25
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
It was working with Studio 2011, but not 2014 Jan 8, 2014

I switched from 2011 to 2014 a few days ago. When I was using 2011, I switched to Java update 25 and configured it as per workaround in SDL's KB. Adding new term was working fine that way with 2011.

However, I cannot add new terms any more with Studio/MT 2014. WHen I select a term pair in Studio Editor and Ctrl+F2, Termviewer shows up, indicating it is trying to add a term. But nothing is shown to "save."

I then tried to manually add terms from MultiTerm. When I click
... See more
I switched from 2011 to 2014 a few days ago. When I was using 2011, I switched to Java update 25 and configured it as per workaround in SDL's KB. Adding new term was working fine that way with 2011.

However, I cannot add new terms any more with Studio/MT 2014. WHen I select a term pair in Studio Editor and Ctrl+F2, Termviewer shows up, indicating it is trying to add a term. But nothing is shown to "save."

I then tried to manually add terms from MultiTerm. When I click Add Term button, a blank tab is shown with no input boxes.

I am now regretting to have upgraded too soon.
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
use Java 7.45 Jan 8, 2014

Yuki Okada wrote:

I then tried to manually add terms from MultiTerm. When I click Add Term button, a blank tab is shown with no input boxes.

I am now regretting to have upgraded too soon.

hi Yuki, maybe you haven't updated Studio 2014 and Multiterm 2014 with their latest cumulative patch? I'm using both with the latest version of Java, 7.45, and they work like a charm. I would recommend you did the following:
download Revo Uninstaller (freeware) and use it to uninstall completely Java 7.25. (select All in the registry items you will be presented, and delete them. the same for folders.)
download the offline .exe of Java 7.45 and install.
in the corresponding tab and option of the Java Control Panel, delete all temporary files and applets that might have been left in your machine.
restart Studio 2014 and Multiterm 2014 and see if they work as expected.
good luck!

Aivars Zarins
Aivars Zarins  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:25
English to Latvian
+ ...
Resolved Jan 8, 2014

I also faced this problem, but now TB is working - after reinstalling the new version of Java (45) and REMOVING old versions (25 and 40).

Yuki Okada
Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:25
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
It works now. Jan 8, 2014

Thank you very much, Lorenzo!

First, a correction to my post. Adding a term within Studio with Java update 25 was in fact working. It just took too long (around 30 seconds before a new term shows up) for the first time, so I thought it was not working. The time it took was much shorter (~3 sec) from the second time after launching Studio.

Now, I followed your suggestions to uninstall Java update 25 and installed 45. (Revo is also a great find. Thank you for this one, to
... See more

First, a correction to my post. Adding a term within Studio with Java update 25 was in fact working. It just took too long (around 30 seconds before a new term shows up) for the first time, so I thought it was not working. The time it took was much shorter (~3 sec) from the second time after launching Studio.

Now, I followed your suggestions to uninstall Java update 25 and installed 45. (Revo is also a great find. Thank you for this one, too!) I can add terms from Studio, and from MT itself.

It again takes time. Around 20 seconds for the first time after launching Studio, and 2 or 3 sec from the second time. Ah, well, there is no error message to click OK at least...
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
great! Jan 8, 2014

Yuki Okada wrote:

Now, I followed your suggestions to uninstall Java update 25 and installed 45. (Revo is also a great find. Thank you for this one, too!) I can add terms from Studio, and from MT itself.

It again takes time. Around 20 seconds for the first time after launching Studio, and 2 or 3 sec from the second time. Ah, well, there is no error message to click OK at least...

yes, the first time after launching Studio, adding a term takes some time, but after that it gets quick. I suppose this is normal, it also happens to me.
I'm glad my instructions were useful!

JoelD
JoelD  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:25
Japanese to English
THIS PROBLEM STILL EXISTS IN 2011 Jan 9, 2014

Version: Studio 2011 (Updated 1/8/2014)
Java: Version 7 Update 45)

I recently switched computers from Win 7 to Win 8.1. After a relatively pain-free license transfer process, my old nemesis returned: I am no longer able to add terms to MT from the Studio interface. When I use my shortcut key, the mouse pointer spins for a while, then the pane turns blank. I have to click the Cancel Edit button to get my Termbase Viewer back, so I can see my terms but I
... See more
Version: Studio 2011 (Updated 1/8/2014)
Java: Version 7 Update 45)

I recently switched computers from Win 7 to Win 8.1. After a relatively pain-free license transfer process, my old nemesis returned: I am no longer able to add terms to MT from the Studio interface. When I use my shortcut key, the mouse pointer spins for a while, then the pane turns blank. I have to click the Cancel Edit button to get my Termbase Viewer back, so I can see my terms but I cannot enter new ones as I work.

I used to get error messages and/or Java security prompts when this happened, now it just goes blank with no warning whatsoever.

Apparently some update was issued for 2014, but what about 2011? Are we left to fiddle around with installing old versions of JAVA?
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Ctrl+F2 now works but Ctrl+F12 doesn't Jan 10, 2014

I have been having troubles with entering terms/java for ages as well. I presently run the latest version of 2014 and java 45 (and can't find any leftovers of java 25 on my computer). I can enter terms fine with Ctrl+F2 but Ctrl+F12 (save) doesn't respond. I need to click on the save icon in the termbase viewer (why two actions are needed at all is still a mystery to me). Anyone else had this and fixed it?

Thanks,

Olly

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Jan 10, 2014

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

I have been having troubles with entering terms/java for ages as well. I presently run the latest version of 2014 and java 45 (and can't find any leftovers of java 25 on my computer). I can enter terms fine with Ctrl+F2 but Ctrl+F12 (save) doesn't respond. I need to click on the save icon in the termbase viewer (why two actions are needed at all is still a mystery to me). Anyone else had this and fixed it?

Thanks,

Olly

Olly, I have exactly the same problem. everything else works like a charm except this.
I posted a thread with this issue some days ago but no one seemed to have a solution. it doesn't really worry me, but I would like the shortcut to work also.
I also had this problem with Studio 2011.

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
@ Lorenzo Jan 10, 2014

I just discovered this: if I enter another command (such as ctrl+enter to confirm a segment) after ctrl+F2 and THEN press ctrl+F12 then it works!

Olly

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
yes! Jan 10, 2014

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

I just discovered this: if I enter another command (such as ctrl+enter to confirm a segment) after ctrl+F2 and THEN press ctrl+F12 then it works!

Olly

clever experiment! it also works for me. many thanks Olly!

JoelD
JoelD  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:25
Japanese to English
Bummer Jan 11, 2014

Dang!
Olly's trick doesn't work in 2011

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm/Studio 2014 add/edit terms not working after Java 7 Update 45 installation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »