Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:11
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2013

I'm a victim (and not the only one) of the Windows 8.1 upgrade, which made most of my programs choke for the first few days (Trados could only be run in administrator mode for instance) - almost 2 weeks later, most of those problems have been solved, however, today I attempted to open a package in Trados (I have translated single files before -without problems) and I keep getting the error message "Could not find a part of the path E:\.............."

Has anybody else encountered thi
... See more
I'm a victim (and not the only one) of the Windows 8.1 upgrade, which made most of my programs choke for the first few days (Trados could only be run in administrator mode for instance) - almost 2 weeks later, most of those problems have been solved, however, today I attempted to open a package in Trados (I have translated single files before -without problems) and I keep getting the error message "Could not find a part of the path E:\.............."

Has anybody else encountered this problem and found out how to solve it? A this point it seems like my best option would be to reinstall Trados on my old laptop that runs Windows XP, but that is surely just a temporary patch since it will no longer be supported in just a few months.

[Edited at 2013-12-03 16:42 GMT]
Collapse

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really, no one? Dec 6, 2013

Has the error message I keep receiving ever appeared to anybody else?
"Could not find a part of the path E:\.............."

Jose&SteveLilly
Jose&SteveLilly
Netherlands
Member (2011)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same here! Feb 24, 2014

Hi Hege,

I am experiencing the same problem now. Since you experienced it quite a while ago, I'm hoping you've got a solution.

Regards, José Lilly

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It sounds... Feb 25, 2014

... as though you have a Project in your set up that is pointing to a location that is no longer available.

Try renaming the Projects.xml in here to projects.xml_orig

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Studio 2011\Projects\projects.xml

Then restart Studio and see if this helps. If it doesn't rename the file back to projects.xml as this will remove the references to your Projects and you would have to add them back one at a time. If it does,help then add your p
... See more
... as though you have a Project in your set up that is pointing to a location that is no longer available.

Then restart Studio and see if this helps. If it doesn't rename the file back to projects.xml as this will remove the references to your Projects and you would have to add them back one at a time. If it does,help then add your projects back again as required from the correct location.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jose&SteveLilly
Jose&SteveLilly
Netherlands
Member (2011)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Here is the error message I'm getting Feb 26, 2014

just some more information in case SDL Support decide to come and help...

Here is the error massage:

Not found

System.Management.ManagementException, System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
NotFound

System.Management

SDL Trados Studio
JOSEDELL\José Lilly-Sevenich
... See more
just some more information in case SDL Support decide to come and help...

Here is the error massage:

Not found

System.Management.ManagementException, System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
NotFound

System.Management

SDL Trados Studio
JOSEDELL\José Lilly-Sevenich
JOSEDELL
True
Collapse

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I wish I could tell you how I solved it Mar 8, 2014

but Windows 8.1 created incompatibility issues on so many levels, that my laptop at a certain point restored the whole system to Windows 8. I had been told by several IT-people this was impossible, yet, the system restored itself in this way, all by itself.
It took about a week and intense use of the Windows 8.1 trouble shouter for incompatibility issues, but I can't tell you what exactly triggered this reaction.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Log a case through the solution finder.... Mar 8, 2014

... if you have not already as this is a few weeks old now and I recall a different post suggesting the same thing.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I g
... See more
... if you have not already as this is a few weeks old now and I recall a different post suggesting the same thing.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Large project lost using this solution! Aug 3, 2015

I just tried this solution and the 30,000 word project I am halfway through has disappeared! I tried renaming the file back again and didn't get the project back.

SDL Community wrote:

Then restart Studio and see if this helps. If it doesn't rename the file back to projects.xml as this will remove the references to your Projects and you would have to add them back one at a time. If it does,help then add your projects back again as required from the correct location.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incompatibility issues Windows 8.1 and Trados Studio 2011 Starter

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »