Thread poster: Daniela Vladimirova
Daniela Vladimirova
Daniela Vladimirova
Netherlands
Local time: 00:22
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 8, 2014

I've been trying for some time to discover how to manage repetitions for the review stage in SDL Trados Studio 2011 and 2014. There are for example instances when review of repetitions is not paid and I would like to set the interface to autopropagate my reviewed segments instead of searching for them manually or with external software (like, for example, Xbench).

Any idea as to where those might be? My autopropagation settings work just fine for the translation stage.

... See more
I've been trying for some time to discover how to manage repetitions for the review stage in SDL Trados Studio 2011 and 2014. There are for example instances when review of repetitions is not paid and I would like to set the interface to autopropagate my reviewed segments instead of searching for them manually or with external software (like, for example, Xbench).

Any idea as to where those might be? My autopropagation settings work just fine for the translation stage.

Thank you.
Collapse

Cindy Wu
Cindy Wu
China
Local time: 06:22
English to Chinese
My own experience Apr 5, 2014

To my understanding, auto-propagate should also work for review stage assuming that you are reviewing from head to toe. But please make sure to turn off "Track Changes" because it seems to interfere with the auto-propagation.

Even if the above mentioned method doesn't work for your case, you can let Trados "verify" the translation with consistency checking for repetition.

Just my 2 cents.

Daniela Vladimirova
Daniela Vladimirova
Netherlands
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 6, 2014

That finally solved it!

SMAlmeida
SMAlmeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks for the tip Apr 26, 2014

piedance wrote:

To my understanding, auto-propagate should also work for review stage assuming that you are reviewing from head to toe. But please make sure to turn off "Track Changes" because it seems to interfere with the auto-propagation.

This part is so ridiculous... Thanks for the tip, now I can auto-propagate the reviews.
Ridiculous...
I use Trados and have a license because some clients require it but it is so inferior to other tools on the market, it is painful.
Thanks very much for this life saving tip!

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Exactly what I needed Jul 1, 2015

Thank you very much for bringing this up!

But how to propagate my changes among many different documents?

[Edited at 2015-07-01 16:00 GMT]

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Propagating in several documents... Jul 2, 2015

... you could open them all in one view.

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Highlighting / Hiding repetitions Jul 2, 2015

Hi all,

I'm also desperately looking for a solution regarding repetitions in review projects.
Normally, they won't get paid and must be ignored. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a "Repetition" or "100% Auto-propagated" segment state, so I cannot hide them from the view, nor can I highlight them in the "Export for Review" process.

To me personally, this is a pretty serious shortcoming of Studio. And I hope this will be addressed really soon...

... See more
Hi all,

I'm also desperately looking for a solution regarding repetitions in review projects.
Normally, they won't get paid and must be ignored. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a "Repetition" or "100% Auto-propagated" segment state, so I cannot hide them from the view, nor can I highlight them in the "Export for Review" process.

To me personally, this is a pretty serious shortcoming of Studio. And I hope this will be addressed really soon...

Best regards,
Stefan
Collapse

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I just posted another thread about it Jul 2, 2015

I'm really lost. I don't want to waste time with a QA, I want to correct on the go and let the translators have my consolidated, corrected TM.

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
I stand corrected! Jul 4, 2015

Stefan Keller wrote:
Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a "Repetition" or "100% Auto-propagated" segment state, so I cannot hide them from the view...

Ups! There actually *are* Repetition segment states in Studio 2015. Were they included in 2014 as well?

So to review on paper and ignore repetitions, I filter by "Repetitions > Excluding first occurrences" and simply lock these segments temporarily.
When exporting for external review, locked segments will appear pretty dark in the Word file , easy to ignore.
Then I just unlock the repetitions again, to be able to use auto-propagation for corrections.

This, of course, only works for one file at a time...

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetition management for review stage in SDL Trados Studio 2011/2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »