Dor Zigdon Lax
Dor Zigdon Lax
Israel
Local time: 01:42
Member (2009)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 30, 2014

I'm translating a string in which one word appears in red. How do I apply this color to a specific word in my target string? Text formatting interface is nowhere to be found.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:42
English
Tags... Jan 30, 2014

... press Ctrl+Shift+H and you will probably see the tags appear. I think the default view is wysiwyg. Good for reading, but not good for translating... in my opinion. You can read more on this here that may be helpful : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-9I

Regards

Paul

Dor Zigdon Lax
Dor Zigdon Lax
Israel
Local time: 01:42
Member (2009)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
worked Jan 30, 2014

Thanks!

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Does not work if the whole segment har coloured text Apr 23, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... press Ctrl+Shift+H and you will probably see the tags appear. I think the default view is wysiwyg. Good for reading, but not good for translating... in my opinion. You can read more on this here that may be helpful : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-9I

Regards

Paul

However, this only works if a part of the segment has a different colour.

I have a document where a lot of segments are coloured light yellow, which is very difficult to read. How can I change the text colour of a whole segment? Ctrl+Shift+H does not show any tags in these cases.

Hans

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Different use case Apr 23, 2014

Hans Näslund wrote:

I have a document where a lot of segments are coloured light yellow, which is very difficult to read. How can I change the text colour of a whole segment? Ctrl+Shift+H does not show any tags in these cases.

Hi,

In this case you can change the entire font, colour, contrast of the Editor... or even display it all as plain black on white with no formatting at all.

Go to File -> Options -> Editor -> Font Adaptation and you'll see you can change quite a lot of things in there to help you see the font better.

Go to File -> Options -> Editor and you'll see you can change the formatting display style.

Go to File -> Options -> Colors and you can change pretty much any colours on the editing screen.

Hopefully you'll be able to adapt this to your taste through these options.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing text color in Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »