Trados Studio 2014: - 10 (words), (Status: in review//Percentage: 0 %)
Thread poster: Mariana T. Buttermilch
Mariana T. Buttermilch
Mariana T. Buttermilch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:02
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2014

Hi,
after I finished my translation using Studio 2014, -10 appeared in the lower left corner (close to the green pencil). What should I do to correct this, since it does not allow me to save the document??? (Status: in review//Percentage: 0 %).

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

Uta Kappler
Uta Kappler
United States
Local time: 09:02
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Encountered the same issue several times now Feb 21, 2014

I could not find any post or information that would help me to change the file status back from "In Review" to "Translated" or "In Translation". I had to resort to delete the fully translated (!) sdlxliff file (which was indicating 102.3% complete in the Editor status bar), grab an untranslated copy from my backup, and run the entire file through the translation step again. I used the project TM for this, but now, of course, I cannot longer tell what was leveraged and what was translated from s... See more
I could not find any post or information that would help me to change the file status back from "In Review" to "Translated" or "In Translation". I had to resort to delete the fully translated (!) sdlxliff file (which was indicating 102.3% complete in the Editor status bar), grab an untranslated copy from my backup, and run the entire file through the translation step again. I used the project TM for this, but now, of course, I cannot longer tell what was leveraged and what was translated from scratch or edited, since all segments now show CM or 100%.

Version: SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance 11.0.3709.0

Thanks in advance for any hints as to how to fix/avoid this,
Uta
Collapse

Abrigela
Abrigela
Local time: 17:02
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Negative wordcounts and wrong status Feb 21, 2014

Hello,

I have seen this before, but I was always able to correct the negative wordcount by running a wordcount batch task. This seems to reset it.

I have not experienced the "In Review" status problem, but perhaps this could be resolved by opening the sdlxliff for translation and then making sure all the segments are set with the translation status. I also don't think it is too much of a problem unless you have to give the file to your client?

Abrigela.

Uta Kappler
Uta Kappler
United States
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Wrong status "In Review" , wrong wordcounts (>100% translated) Feb 24, 2014

Well, yes that exactly the problem. I just do not want to simply pass the problem on to my client as is. They will expect the project files returned with the status of all files indicating "Translated", since they will do the review and sign-off on their end.

All segments are set to the status "Translated" in the Editor view. (The files affected so far consistently showed a percentage complete of >100% in the status bar, and the offset usually gets worse, when I try to "re-translate
... See more
Well, yes that exactly the problem. I just do not want to simply pass the problem on to my client as is. They will expect the project files returned with the status of all files indicating "Translated", since they will do the review and sign-off on their end.

All segments are set to the status "Translated" in the Editor view. (The files affected so far consistently showed a percentage complete of >100% in the status bar, and the offset usually gets worse, when I try to "re-translate" individual segments. Opening and closing Trados does not make a difference either. If I look at the sdlxliff file in a text editor, no instance of an "In Review" marker can be found. Yet the Trados 2014 Files view indicates "In Review" and Progress: 0% Translated.

I will try your suggestion for the next instance, and if I can find the time, I will also try out the various suggestions for the the same problem with 2011 found here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/234194-cannot_exit_review_mode_in_studio_2011.html
Collapse

Uta Kappler
Uta Kappler
United States
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
The suggested solution worked for me Feb 24, 2014

I just had this happen again to one of my many 2014 project files. I followed the advice and selected the offending file and ran the Translation Count Batch Task on it. This corrected the count and the status. Problem solved.

Thank you so much Abrigela! You just put me on the right track and in control of this issue.

Much appreciated,
Uta

susan rose (X)
susan rose (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:02
German to English
thank you Apr 29, 2014

Just ran into this problem. Thank you for the good problem solving advice!!

Mariana T. Buttermilch
Mariana T. Buttermilch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:02
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thans a lot Abrigela, your help worked for me too!!!! Jul 28, 2014

Dear Abrigela,
(better late than never!!!) I just see your answer to my post and want to thank you for your tip, it worked for me too. Great tip!!!!!!

Greetings from Argentina,
Mariana

[Editado a las 2014-07-28 14:20 GMT]

Orrin Cummins
Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 00:02
Japanese to English
+ ...
Doesn't work for me Sep 25, 2014

Neither running the Translation Count nor Word Count batch tasks will stop my Studio 2014 from displaying "In Review" with a progress of 1% in Files View, even though the entire file has been translated.

In fact, of the four files which I added at the same time during the project creation process:

One is showing up correctly as "Translated" at 100%
One is "In Review" and stuck at 1%
Two are "Unspecified" with no progress (but only because I haven't opened th
... See more
Neither running the Translation Count nor Word Count batch tasks will stop my Studio 2014 from displaying "In Review" with a progress of 1% in Files View, even though the entire file has been translated.

In fact, of the four files which I added at the same time during the project creation process:

One is showing up correctly as "Translated" at 100%
One is "In Review" and stuck at 1%
Two are "Unspecified" with no progress (but only because I haven't opened them; doing so puts them to "In Translation" and displays the correct progress)

I have done nothing special to any of these files, I just added them to the project, opened them, and translated them all the same. I've tried switching projects and restarting Studio but it doesn't change anything.

Working as intended?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014: - 10 (words), (Status: in review//Percentage: 0 %)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »