Adam Mieczyński
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:47
Member (2014)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2014

Hi,

I recently moved to a Dell XPS 15 9530 laptop with Windows 8.1 (7 previously) and a QHD+ (Retina-like) display. Now, first I would like to ask if there is any news of updates regarding DPI scaling problems? I had to turn the DPI scaling to alleviate the blurry display, but now the interface is very iffy, small icons etc. Defeinitely not optimal.

Also I seem to experience "choppy" scrolling in Editor view. When I scroll down, for a moment there is a bar of messed-up
... See more
Hi,

I recently moved to a Dell XPS 15 9530 laptop with Windows 8.1 (7 previously) and a QHD+ (Retina-like) display. Now, first I would like to ask if there is any news of updates regarding DPI scaling problems? I had to turn the DPI scaling to alleviate the blurry display, but now the interface is very iffy, small icons etc. Defeinitely not optimal.

Also I seem to experience "choppy" scrolling in Editor view. When I scroll down, for a moment there is a bar of messed-up text at the bottom. Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/4k7fvr17t/

Any idea what's causing this? Incompatibility with higher than HD display or Windows 8.1?

Overall, I'm surprised at how slow Trados seems on this new laptop, considering it's high end CPU and SSD hardrive.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:47
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Win 8.1 is fine Feb 24, 2014

loui100 wrote:
Incompatibility with higher than HD display or Windows 8.1?

Overall, I'm surprised at how slow Trados seems on this new laptop, considering it's high end CPU and SSD hardrive.

I've recently switched to Windows 8.1 on an i7 with SSD and Studio is running fast, very fast.

I think your display issues may be due to the QHD display, but I don't know what to suggest if you've already tried changing the setting to a non-native resolution. If you connect a 2nd monitor, does the Studio display and performance return to normal?

Adam Mieczyński
Adam Mieczyński
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Must be QHD then Feb 24, 2014

Well, the DPI scaling issues can be alleviated by switching resolution, but the it eliminates the point of having such a high-res display ; ) The choppy scrolling stays regardless of the resolution or DPI scaling settings. Works fine on my Win 7 desktop.

It seems most software developers are still ignoring better than HD display devices, which is a pity. I may write to Trados support later on.

Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
+1 for QHD support Jul 3, 2015

I’m glad to find I’m not the only one with these issues – or the remnants of them – but surprised they are still present in Trados Studio 2015...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - QHD+/Win 8.1 issues

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »