Livia_Zoelly
Livia_Zoelly
Switzerland
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
Feb 26, 2014

Hello everybody

My colleague and I have probably detected a bug in Studio 2014 (brand new version of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, installed only last week):

We merged segments of an html file in editor (in our case a sentence was segmented after a full stop where it shouldn't have been) and then, at the end, when attempting to export it to a target html file, we got the following error message:

"Failed to save target content: Object re
... See more
Hello everybody

My colleague and I have probably detected a bug in Studio 2014 (brand new version of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, installed only last week):

We merged segments of an html file in editor (in our case a sentence was segmented after a full stop where it shouldn't have been) and then, at the end, when attempting to export it to a target html file, we got the following error message:

"Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

We tried repairing the installation as described here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4457.html
We checked all the project settings and tried doing the same thing in a different project (where other html files without merged segments had been successfully exported before), on a different computer and with a different user - all to no avail.
When we attempted exactly the same thing (merged segments and all) with a word file, it worked perfectly.

So the problem only seems to arise after merging segments in an html file.

We hope somebody at SDL can either help us (in case something's wrong with our settings...?) or pass on the information for a bug fix.

In the mean time, we circumvented the problem by entering non-breaking spaces in the source html file after the full stop and changing the default segmentation rule of "whitespace" to "space".

Good luck everybody!

Livia
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Were you also using Revision Marks? Sep 2, 2014

Livia_Zoelly wrote:

"Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So the problem only seems to arise after merging segments in an html file.

Hi,

We are experiencing exactly the same problem with SDL Studio 2014 SP1. In our case, we had merged or split segments and used revisions marks.

Were you also using revisions marks in your project? Maybe it is a combination of both.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when exporting target html file after merging segments in Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »