Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Resolve MultiTerm/Studio 2011/2014 add/edit term issues and run it successfully with Java 7 Up. 51
Thread poster: RWS Community
Hope Farmer
Hope Farmer
Spain
Local time: 06:20
German to English
+ ...
Pop-ups and Target segment does not contain the translated term Apr 17, 2014

@Lianne van de Ven : SDL support deactivated a check box and I stopped getting the pop-ups. Try removing the check mark next to "Activate next generation Java Plug-in" in the Control Panel > Java > Advanced tab under "Java Plug-in".

@SDL: Something is still not working completely right. In my Termbase I have, for example, "Funktion" = "function", and I enter it in the target segment using automatic insert. After confirming the segment I have an error message, "Target segment does n
... See more
@Lianne van de Ven : SDL support deactivated a check box and I stopped getting the pop-ups. Try removing the check mark next to "Activate next generation Java Plug-in" in the Control Panel > Java > Advanced tab under "Java Plug-in".

@SDL: Something is still not working completely right. In my Termbase I have, for example, "Funktion" = "function", and I enter it in the target segment using automatic insert. After confirming the segment I have an error message, "Target segment does not contain the translated term for 'Funktion' - 'function' expected". This happens SPORADICALLY. The same term inserted in the same way may not cause a warning in a different segment. This happens for terms created last week and terms created today (new and old).

I searched the SDL Knowledgebase and I cannot find any reference to this issue.

I received a warning yesterday that there is a newer version of Java available, but I did NOT update because it seems that every time I update I have issues. And every time I do not update I have issues.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas how to solve it?
Collapse

Hope Farmer
Hope Farmer
Spain
Local time: 06:20
German to English
+ ...
Multiterm still not working properly / only sporadically Apr 22, 2014

Since last posting I have come across more examples like the one I mentioned earlier: terms inserted in the target segment from term recognition but showing error messages that the term is missing in the target segment.

Today I also noticed that a source term that is definitely in my Termbase is not showing up in the Term Recognition window (I have a screen shot showing it all). Since this thread is not getting any attention, I think I might need to start a new thread for this issu
... See more
Since last posting I have come across more examples like the one I mentioned earlier: terms inserted in the target segment from term recognition but showing error messages that the term is missing in the target segment.

Today I also noticed that a source term that is definitely in my Termbase is not showing up in the Term Recognition window (I have a screen shot showing it all). Since this thread is not getting any attention, I think I might need to start a new thread for this issue.
Collapse

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:20
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Resolved, except for the add term shortcut button Apr 25, 2014

I only experienced this issue this morning and after running the automated workaround I can now add and edit terms but the F12 shortcut key no longer saves the term so I have to manually click the save this entry button in the termbase viewer.

Any ideas to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:20
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
...also Apr 25, 2014

In the termbase viewer is says "Save this Entry (Ctrl+F12)" but I have the keyboard shortcut set as just "F12". Niether "Ctrl+F12" nor "F12" save the entry. I have to do it manually.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resolve MultiTerm/Studio 2011/2014 add/edit term issues and run it successfully with Java 7 Up. 51

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »