Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Trados shows there are still untranslated words, but...
Thread poster: Christian Olivo (X)
Christian Olivo (X)
Christian Olivo (X)
Italy
Local time: 14:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 6, 2014

Dear colleagues,

Do you have any idea why Trados (2014) shows there are X words "draft" but I cannot see them (= there are no more words to translate) anywhere? Is there any way to fix this problem in order to send a 100% translated package instead of a package which says "in translation" even if everything is translated? I hope it is clear enough...

Many thanks!

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:13
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Draft: edited translation Mar 7, 2014

Dear Christian

The "draft" means that, somehow, you have modified the translations and the changes have not been introduced into the translation memory. Just click on the filter symbol located at the right botton in the editor view, and select "Draft": all the translation segment in draft status will be displayed. Insert the cursor in the first draft segment, Control + Enter, and go on until all modified segments are saved in the translation memory.

Christian Olivo (X)
Christian Olivo (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Mar 9, 2014

I guess this a bug, as everything looks translated and confirmed. Here's the solution to fix the bug:

I noticed sometimes Studio gets stuck and even though everything is translated, it appears as “minus %”. To solve this out, you have to open the file separately in Studio “file > open document”. Then open it, set all segments as translated and save it. After this, you have to open the file again, this time within the package-project and then it will appear as 100% translated.

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:13
Russian to English
+ ...
Re "Solved" Mar 10, 2014

To be frank, I did not get the procedure you have described.

I have just had the same thing: 95% out of 100% have been translated (10K segments), but when I filter out "not translated" no segments are shown.

This is a new feature of Trados 2014 (as it turns out) that will remind that you have not updated your TM. Actually a useful function as I have had a technical issue with Trados 2014 which resulted in the following: I had two translations of the same segment and h
... See more
To be frank, I did not get the procedure you have described.

I have just had the same thing: 95% out of 100% have been translated (10K segments), but when I filter out "not translated" no segments are shown.

This is a new feature of Trados 2014 (as it turns out) that will remind that you have not updated your TM. Actually a useful function as I have had a technical issue with Trados 2014 which resulted in the following: I had two translations of the same segment and had to manually re-check all such segments.

So, the next step (logically) is how to filter out the 95% out of 100% (in my case)?

Would be great to figure out this issue for the future.
Collapse

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:13
English to German
Problem unsolved - Analysis does not work Aug 31, 2014

In my confirmation statistics, 150 words are claimed as untranslated, although there is not one untranslated segment in the file. The analysis shows the correct zero number. But confirmation statistics insists on those untranslated words. When I try to make them show up under "not translated", there is nothing. - Definitely a bug.

Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:13
Member (2009)
German to English
Run Translation Count Aug 31, 2014

I also had this problem and found an answer in another thread. Under batch tasks, run "Translation Count". Hopefully it will fix those non-existent segments as it did for me.

Soheil Arzanpour
vicksy nurhayati
Ljiljana Grubač

Christian Olivo (X)
Christian Olivo (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good call, Louisa! Sep 1, 2014

Thank you, Louisa! It worked for me!!

katlizzy
katlizzy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:13
German to English
Translation count worked Sep 2, 2014

Louisa Fox wrote:

I also had this problem and found an answer in another thread. Under batch tasks, run "Translation Count". Hopefully it will fix those non-existent segments as it did for me.

This worked for me too, but crashed the program. When I reopened the file, it was set at 0% and no minuses. Thank you!

Francisca Bittner
Francisca Bittner
Chile
English to Spanish
It worked! Jul 16, 2015

Louisa Fox wrote:

Thank you very much, Louisa!
It worked for me too.

Timote Suladze
Timote Suladze  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:13
Italian to Russian
+ ...
It worked! Aug 14, 2015

Thank you, Louisa! I had the same problem, and it worked for me too!!

Attila Kalmár
Attila Kalmár  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Translation Count working! Oct 19, 2015

The batch task "Translation Count" worked for me as well, I had the same problem.
Thank you for the suggestion, Louisa!

[Edited at 2015-10-19 11:41 GMT]

saber fathi
saber fathi  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:13
English
+ ...
Worked Well Jan 29, 2016

Using Translation count from Batch tasks is the best solution.

Thank you very much. Helped me a lot!

[Edited at 2016-01-29 22:46 GMT]

Djozic
Djozic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2011)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Finally the right solution Jun 12, 2016

This solution worked for me on Studio 2015. Thank you Louisa.

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Translation Count works in Studio 2017, too! Jul 17, 2017

2017 Refresh: same problem here (99% and no hints about non-translated words).
The solution proposed by Louisa also works with Studio 2017.

So many thanks, once again!

Silvia

Louisa Berry wrote:

Lena Nemeth
Lena Nemeth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:13
Member (2010)
Polish to English
Analyze Files also works just in case you were curious! Jul 26, 2017

I also tried 'analyze files' under Batch Tasks and this also worked! I still don't know why...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shows there are still untranslated words, but...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »